Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Goal Celebrations!

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye, octopus

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Goal Celebrations!

Postby Mike May » Wed Mar 16 2016, 08:17

Goal Celebrations ugh!

I just wonder whether any other followers of the 'beautiful game' are just beginning to get a bit tired of some of the childish antics that some of our so called 'stars' exhibit when celebrating a goal ( thinking Premiership here ) from the basic pile of bodies ( sometimes fear for the goalscorer himself ), i can live with the backflips, but what i abhor is the 'thumb sucking', to the 'group cradling' by player( s ), to the odd dance routines. As the late Michael Winners well known television quote could easily have been used / amended to read - 'Calm down dear its only a goal'!

Only CDG celebration i can remember that stands out, was in our first season in the Ryman when playing Maidstone at home, our striker ( name escapes one ) scored ( which was a novelty at the time ), then turned ran to the stand, leapt over the railings to embrace wife / partner and child, before being shovelled back onto the field of play.

Still trying to visualise how the Leeds team of the 70's aka Norman 'bite your legs', Bremner, Giles and Charlton would have reacted, one could almost see them trotting back, back slapping, shaking hands along the way ahem! before reverting to type at the blow of the whistle, then getting down to business in kicking the opposition over the hoardings!
Mike May

Post a reply

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues