Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Wells to hot!

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Wells to hot!

Postby Mike May » Sat Jul 22 2017, 17:59

Friendly encounter
CDG ( not a lot ) Tunbridge Wells ( quite a few )

The Anvils faced a stiff examination of their credentials against Southern Counties East side Tunbridge Wells at a rather dampened Haven Centre today, ( sunny to start, before rain of biblical proportions took over ) but this did little to dampen ( excuse pun ) the healthy and vocal opposition support, even if local support was rather disappointing in numbers.

For the Anvils missing a few first team regulars, plus additional trialists being given 'their head' battled hard thro out, and never gave up the onerous task of trying to stay in the game, against a side that just had that little extra nous in keeping themselves on top thro out.

Even allowing for the scoreline, it was a good workout for the Anvils, in which the management team would have learned a lot more about the team as against say winning by a similar score. Next Tuesday eve find the Anvils on the road, when meeting Steyning Town - ko 1945 or 7.45 in old money !
Mike May

Re: Wells to hot!

Postby wibby » Sat Jul 22 2017, 21:51

So, even allowing for the score line? Give us a clue Mike? It can't have been that bad
why don't you stick it in and turn it, if you want a piece of me then you've got to earn it
wibby

Postby Goat » Sat Jul 22 2017, 22:28

wibby wrote:So, even allowing for the score line? Give us a clue Mike? It can't have been that bad

Having perused both the CDG website and Twitter,my good self can find NO mention of the scoreline.
Heavens to Betsy ! May I kindly enquire as to whether it was such a thwacking that supporters somehow lost count ? !!

I note with great delight that my beloved East Preston recorded an excellent 3-2 victory over Southall who reached the quarter finals of the FA Vase last season, this impressive win following East Preston's 1-0 victory over newly promoted Shoreham in midweek.Onwards and upwards !!

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
“Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.” !!
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby fanbase » Sun Jul 23 2017, 08:10

Crawley Down Gatwick 1- 7 Tunbridge Wells
"It is better to risk sparing a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.” Voltaire

fanbase

Postby Goat » Sun Jul 23 2017, 10:14

fanbase wrote:Crawley Down Gatwick 1- 7 Tunbridge Wells

Oh my giddy aunt !

:goodgrief:
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Mike May » Sun Jul 23 2017, 13:03

I really hate all of you, as i was trying to keep quiet about the score, bah!!
Mike May

Postby Big Dave » Sun Jul 23 2017, 17:17

Mike May wrote:I really hate all of you, as i was trying to keep quiet about the score, bah!!

Nice one Mike, i really have missed you putting your head on the block, week after week, during the summer break.
If you know your history
Big Dave

Non League Club: CD Huetor Tajar
Pro Club: Everton & Barcelona

Postby Mike May » Mon Jul 24 2017, 18:44

Goat wrote:
I note with great delight that my beloved East Preston recorded an excellent 3-2 victory over Southall who reached the quarter finals of the FA Vase last season, this impressive win following East Preston's 1-0 victory over newly promoted Shoreham in midweek.Onwards and upwards !!

Good results on paper yes, but is your league programme this coming season going to flatter to deceive as last? :))

Mike May

Postby Goat » Mon Jul 24 2017, 21:46

Mike May wrote:
Goat wrote:

Good results on paper yes, but is your league programme this coming season going to flatter to deceive as last? :))

What an inverted pyramid of piffle !

With the greatest of respect, the fledgling 'East Preston' chaps fresh from U21 Football and ploughing their furrow in 'Senior' football for the first time achieved their objective of promotion to the Championship and as such should be lauded for their achievements.

A mere 5 defeats in 38 league games for such an experienced team "Wet behind the ears" speaks volumes.And my goodness they played some lovely football, indeed many opponents had asserted that they were the best footballing side in the Division.Marvellous achievement and I reiterate onwards and upwards !

^:)^
~ Irish saying
Goat

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues