Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

East Preston

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

East Preston

Postby Goat » Wed Oct 18 2017, 15:10

My appearances at the ‘Lashmar’ have been limited this season on account of work commitments but I ventured down to witness the encounter against Arundel last week.

How I wish I had stayed in the warmth of my abode! What was disturbing and disappointing from an EP perspective was the sheer dearth of determination and desire resulting in an abject performance and Arundel fully deserved their 2-0 victory.Such performances really get my goat !

Following the heady days of last season when promotion was secured on the back of a plethora of impressive performances, some had suggested that EP could be the ‘Dark horses’ in the league but alas they have plummeted alarmingly towards the bottom of the table and their cause has not been helped with the departure of a talented player, namely Jared Rance, last season’s top scorer, and who had scored more goals than any other at EP this season when he departed for Worthing.

I heard some aggrieved supporters bemoan a lack of physicality and experience in the team and a lack of a cutting edge up top and I suspect 7 defeats in the last 10 games (League/Cup) , which includes successive Home defeats in the last 2 games, tells it’s own tale of woe.

One accepts that having being promoted the team would be faced with more daunting challenges in the top division but my goodness much more was expected of them. One peruses the Management commenting about “Young players” in the local press perhaps as justification for sub-standard performances and results – they really need to ‘Grow up’ soon and deliver else a return to the division from whence they came will be a real possibility.

Finally, on a positive note it is really refreshing to see that attendances have improved with some in the 100s and the “Ultras” are to be warmly applauded for their vociferous support.Jolly well done.

Gerald AKA "Worried, of East Preston" !
“Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.” !!
~ Irish saying
Goat

Re: East Preston

Postby Hagar2 » Thu Oct 19 2017, 14:30

Nothing wrong with East Preston’s performance against Eastbourne Town the other week, we scored a extra time winner but that’s how it goes, great atmosphere created by the East Preston Ultras and Eastbourne towns followers Pier Pressure and Beachy head Ultras
Hagar2

Non League Club: Eastbourne Town
Pro Club: West Ham utd
Twitter Acct: @peterheritage11

Postby Goat » Thu Oct 19 2017, 17:26

Hagar2 wrote:Nothing wrong with East Preston’s performance against Eastbourne Town the other week, we scored a extra time winner but that’s how it goes, great atmosphere created by the East Preston Ultras and Eastbourne towns followers Pier Pressure and Beachy head Ultras

Whilst my good self is delighted to be informed that the performance has merited praise, in the final analysis EP emerged the vanquished once more,and 7 defeats in 11 league games and being the lowest scorers in the Division is cause for real concern, especially as top scorer Jared Rance has departed for Worthing.The portents are hardly encouraging.

EP's next encounter is at the 'Lashmar' on Tuesday when Pagham are the visitors.My word, another defeat and the decibels will really be raised on the alarm bells.

Gerald

:-q :-q :-q
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Mike May » Thu Oct 19 2017, 18:14

Gerald aka Goat, good to hear from you again, thought perhaps you might have been supporting Lingfield ( ouch and more ouch! ) some people just never give up!

Had noticed your teams present day predicament, plus losing your leading scorer doesn't exactly help morale.

We at ( you know where ) also found the transition from Div 1 to Premiership also a big jump, but managed to survive, and this season after a shaky start have know settled into a useful looking outfit, 'early doors' as they say, but one remembers Leicester City, and look what they did!

Pagham you say next, no problem, we've already soften them up for you last Tuesday!
Mike May

Postby Goat » Thu Oct 19 2017, 18:37

Mike May wrote:Gerald aka Goat, good to hear from you again, thought perhaps you might have been supporting Lingfield ( ouch and more ouch! ) some people just never give up!

Had noticed your teams present day predicament, plus losing your leading scorer doesn't exactly help morale.

We at ( you know where ) also found the transition from Div 1 to Premiership also a big jump, but managed to survive, and this season after a shaky start have know settled into a useful looking outfit, 'early doors' as they say, but one remembers Leicester City, and look what they did!

Pagham you say next, no problem, we've already soften them up for you last Tuesday!

My Dear Mr May

I note that you are replaying that tattered old reel, propounding an allegation which contains NO foundation whatsoever.In short, poppycock on stilts !

I have resided in lovely East Preston for many, many a moon and my last foray into Lingfield was in the year 2012 when I availed of hospitality at the racecourse.So No linkeage whatsoever with "Lingers".

I noted the impressive win for your team against Pagham but alas CDG have a cut and thrust in forward areas which has resulted in goals whereas, sadly, EP don't offer the same threat offensively.Unless there is an improvement in this aspect of their game, the 'Doom mongers' like my good self will be proved right.

Gerald

:-q
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Goat » Thu Oct 19 2017, 21:37

My good self has just perused that EP U21 suffered a 5-3 Home defeat by Horsham YMCA tonight, accordingly woes are not confined to the 1st team.

Having perused the table, I note that EP U21 are second from bottom and believing that they have been somewhat profligate in defence I took the trouble to view recent results, only to discover to my utmost horror that the team have conceded 22 goals in the last 7 matches.More holes than my old string vest.

Gerald

:-q
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Bpaine » Sat Oct 21 2017, 07:06

I feel I have to put a bit of perspective on 'Goats' unhelpful and unwelcome comments based on the small amount of matches he has seen this season. I fully acknowledge that the Arundel match was an abject performance but that level of performance has been rare this season.

It is a shame that Goat does not feel able to come and talk to me directly where perhaps I can give him a more balanced view of our progress this season rather having to reply through this forum which he hides behind. I would welcome that opportunity should he feel brave enough to come out from behind his keyboard and make himself known.

To put the clubs overall position in context only two seasons ago it just had the first team, won three league games all season and were relegated from the premier division. Of the three teams relegated that season we were the only club to come straight back up! The club now has four teams, two U18's, the U21's as well as the first team, and is in a much more sustainable position particularly as that is underpinned by the academy, run superbly by Gary Wallis, where if you take the trouble to visit the club on a Saturday morning you will see a large number of boys and girls enjoying their football at East Preston FC.

What 'Goat' fails to acknowledge is that we have beaten Saltdean and Peacehaven both twice this season both of whom are in the top six of this league as well as losing to a very good Eastbourne Town team in the last minute (thanks to Hagar2 for pointing that out to Goat). We have played well in a number of matches and yes I make no apology for mentioning that we have a young side many of who are playing at this level for the first time and are on a steep learning curve. We went into this season with our eyes wide open knowing it would be an up and down season but as long as we finish 19th or above then it will have been a success. My young players are learning and are getting better but as young players are inconsistent and the experience gained this season will put them in a better place next season just look at Peacehaven as an example another young team playing football in the right way who are a season ahead of us in terms of their development.

As for 'Goats' comments about the U21's he clearly does not understand the point of the U21's and U18's but will make him aware should I get the opportunity to talk to him face to face.

Their is no doubt my players will 'grow up' as Goat puts it but we haven't got money to throw at it as some teams in our league and nor would we want to as normally when the money runs out so do the players. We will of course lose players as they start to make a name for themselves and be picked off by bigger clubs which happens at all levels of football. Where one door closes it gives another player an opportunity and there are plenty at East Preston FC waiting for that opportunity.
Bpaine

Postby Goat » Sat Oct 21 2017, 11:01

Bpaine

It is as plain as a pikestaff that my so called “Unhelpful and unwelcome” comments, have been the catalyst for a drill making contact with a raw nerve. For avoidance of doubt I am not a member of the Dental profession but I am ‘Au fait’ with advocacy for the accused.

My comments relating to the current season contained factually correct statements and as such cannot be considered chimerical hallucinatory rhetoric nor were they intended as execrable bile. My good self fully appreciates the direction of travel at EP as a club over the past few seasons and plaudits are due in this respect, but the thrust of my arguments concern the here and now and the concern I have regarding our prospects at first team level.

Whilst of course we have had our successes against Saltdean Utd and Peacehaven these have been against a backdrop of a plethora of defeats and some disappointing performances and I fear that if further players depart for pastures new to so called ‘Bigger’ clubs the issues will be exacerbated. I do find it befuddling that finishing the season in 19th place is seen as “Success” by the management and perhaps greater ambition wouldn’t go amiss.

Apropos accusations regarding hurling brickbats from the safety of a keyboard rather than a personal exchange of views, even my most strident enemy would not label me a milquetoast and a chap with a distinct dearth of intestinal fortitude so the inference was met with a howl of derision. In the final analysis, the hallowed NOMAD exists for the cut and thrust of debate and circumstances often preclude the meeting of paths between supporters and management at a match. I am certainly not averse to introducing myself extending the hand of friendship and engaging in cordial dialogue over some intoxicating liquid refreshment!

I have resided in my ‘Pied a Terre’ in East Preston for several years and have supported the club during that period so my allegiance is firm and resolute. Due to my demanding profession I am unable to attend as many games as I would wish so my appearances at the ’Lashmar’ are limited, however my spectacles allow me to peruse the website, results and the league table and I can draw conclusions based on fact.

Regulars on NOMAD will perhaps recall how positive I have been about EPFC in recent seasons, praising them to the hilt and promotion last season was a joy to behold, accordingly my posts on here have offered balance and are not negativity personified for the sake of dropping high-grade ordnance as part of any personal agenda against individuals or the club.

Let’s hope that we secure all the points against Pagham on Tuesday (Pray God) and if so I will be minded to express my utmost joy and rapture on this thread! Onwards and upwards!

Gerald

:-bd
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Bpaine » Sat Oct 21 2017, 11:37

I will be at the club on Tuesday and Thursday so please make yourself known and I look forward to meeting you in person.
Bpaine

Postby Mike May » Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:05

Visualise batten down of hatches, with tin hats at the ready!!
Mike May

Postby Goat » Sun Oct 22 2017, 12:31

Bpaine wrote:I will be at the club on Tuesday and Thursday so please make yourself known and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Bpaine

Your good self is making the rather rash assumption that I am able to attend matches at the 'Lashmar' on the days stated but alas my extensive work commitments have determined that I shall be ensconced in London all week and residing in my property in the 'Smoke' not returning south until the weekend.

It is the model of plausibility that you are of the belief that somehow I am content to engage in fiesty debate on NOMAD but somehow would shy away from a full and frank discussion face-to-face but alas you are 'Way off radar' in this respect.As I stated before I am not a milquestoast and certainly NOT the type of chap who wouldn't say woof to a wombat but neither am I an argument looking for a cause nor obstreperousness made flesh and bone.Some have opined that I am a splendid cove and the very quintessence of respectability in terms of my nature and values but alas you might have an alternative opinion ! I certainly don't consider myself any panjandrum !

When professional commitments allow me to traverse to the 'Lashmar', I am more than content to extend the hand of friendship and engage in healthy dialogue in a cordial manner.If you are a man of erudition I am sure the debate with perhaps a smorgasbord of opinions will essay great wells of oratory.I look forward to extending the hand of friendship on my next visit.

I of course wish EP every success against Pagham on Tuesday and if we are the victors I will try and find the time in my busy work schedule next week to post deserved plaudits.Jolly good luck.

Gerald

:shock:
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Mike May » Sun Oct 22 2017, 19:31

Your 'eye catching' vocabulary suggests to me that your 'trade / occupation' in the Smoke would i guess be possibly something along the lines of Billingsgate Fish Market, correct me of course if i'm wrong!! :))
Mike May

Postby Goat » Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:08

Mike May wrote:Your 'eye catching' vocabulary suggests to me that your 'trade / occupation' in the Smoke would i guess be possibly something along the lines of Billingsgate Fish Market, correct me of course if i'm wrong!! :))

Mike May

"Way off radar" !

Perhaps your good self associated me with 'Billingsgate Fish Market' as you have formed the opinion that my florid articulation is just a 'miasma' of words which are nothing more than a means of getting from A to B rather than to be enjoyed and explored !
I accept that the prolixity of my arguments are not to everyone's liking !

Gerald

:))
~ Irish saying
Goat

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues