Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

ANVILS blunt LANCERS

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

ANVILS blunt LANCERS

Postby Mike May » Wed Nov 22 2017, 10:57

Peter Bentley Challenge Cup - Rd 4
LANCING ( 0 ) 0 CDG ( 2 ) 3
( Johden de Mayer 08, 86. Amaraldo Glloga 17.)

ANVILS BLUNT LANCERS

Congrats to the Anvil players and management in reaching the Semi Finals of the above Cup, not being their last night, but after match comments would suggest it was an 'out of this world' performance, if that was the case then can continue to have more of 'this' in the 'bread and butter' of the league. Well done one and all! :ymapplause:
Mike May

Re: ANVILS blunt LANCERS

Postby BarryStGermain » Tue Nov 28 2017, 17:31

Mike - I think it is fair to say that your right sided attacking midfielder in particular bossed the game for the first 30 minutes by which time the tie was pretty much over as a contest. More even in the second half but if we are going to lose a match I would much rather do it to a team that doesn't kick lumps out of the opposition and looks to get the ball down and use it going forward. Good luck in the semi final.
BarryStGermain

Non League Club: Dover Athletic and Lancing FC
Pro Club: na
Twitter Acct: Barrystgermain1

Postby Mike May » Wed Nov 29 2017, 19:00

Good evening Mr Germain,

'Kicking lumps' out of the opposition, do i read your comment correctly, rather strong language about a side that prides itself on playing football as it should be played, preached also by a manager who knows no other way, as stated not being there myself 'i couldn't possibly comment'!!
Mike May

Postby BarryStGermain » Thu Nov 30 2017, 17:12

Mike - I don't think you do read my comments correctly! I was acknowledging the very fact that CDG did not resort to physical intimidation and that if we were going to lose to a team it is slightly more palatable to lose to one that doesn't 'kick lumps' out of you but to one that plays the game in the way, in my opinion, that it should be played - on the ground, positively and fairly with pace and skill. One of the things that attracts me to Lancing is that very philosophy and it is something I think CDG (and a few others in this league) follow.
BarryStGermain

Non League Club: Dover Athletic and Lancing FC
Pro Club: na
Twitter Acct: Barrystgermain1

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues