Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

SCFL INDEPENDENT PROGRAMME SURVEY 2017/18

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

SCFL INDEPENDENT PROGRAMME SURVEY 2017/18

Postby Pompeynut » Thu May 24 2018, 16:06

The annual independent programme survey has now been completed. As in the past, programmes were obtained by personal visit to matches over the course of the season or by written request to club secretaries as the deadline for collection approached. Thanks is extended to all clubs who responded positively to requests. Sadly, it proved impossible to collect at least one copy from each club and those not participating are noted in the full results.

The main purpose behind the survey is to give recognition to clubs and particularly the hardworking programme editors for the effort they go to throughout the season. 2017/18 was severely affected by inclement weather, placing additional pressure on editors. The results are testament to the efforts of all for without exception editors continue to be innovative and resourceful in their efforts, many with very little financial support and in the face of declining sales. The assessor commends one and all for their efforts. The assessment criteria continues to be flexed to reflect the changing nature of programme contents.

The top three clubs in each division were as follows:

Premier Division
1. Three Bridges - 245 points
2. Haywards Heath Town - 240
3. Hassocks - 226

Division One
1. Mile Oak - 220 points
2. Southwick - 190
3. Ringmer - 154

Division Two
1. Bosham - 196 points
2. Ferring - 118
3. Rustington - 113

A full list of the survey results will be featured in the July edition of Programme Monthly and Football Collectable along with cover images. Other clubs' cover images will also feature in the June edition. Any reader who would like a copy of the full results should message me at their convenience including an email address.
Pompeynut

Non League Club: Bognor Regis Town
Pro Club: Portsmouth

Re: SCFL INDEPENDENT PROGRAMME SURVEY 2017/18

Postby BarryStGermain » Fri Jun 08 2018, 09:52

Where can I get a copy of Programme monthly and football collectable?
BarryStGermain

Non League Club: Dover Athletic and Lancing FC
Pro Club: na
Twitter Acct: Barrystgermain1

Postby wibby » Fri Jun 08 2018, 22:35

I’ve just seen that EFL clubs no longer need to provide a match day programme. Will that filter down??
why don't you stick it in and turn it, if you want a piece of me then you've got to earn it
wibby

Postby guerrero » Sat Jun 09 2018, 03:48

What a loss that would be.
All part of the fun of going to a football match and something to look back on.
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Non League Club: Tonbridge Angels.
Pro Club: Liverpool and Barcelona.

Postby Mike May » Sat Jun 09 2018, 20:17

Think football Programmes have run their course, what with the advent of social media, one can get all the info from the teams very own website.

When was the last time one saw the actual lineups that corresponded to the programme itself, plus we all have phones these days to take down the antagonists involved, plus theirs usually more ads than football info within, plus various comments from various personnel within the club are usually pretty bland.

Not quite like Redhill Fc who had a chappie who must have spent all week putting together a programme that must have had about 50 pages took a week to read, covering teams from north to south, east to west with results and league tables.

I believe men in white coats eventually took him away!!
Mike May

Postby Pompeynut » Sun Jun 10 2018, 09:10

Programme Monthly & Football Collectable is available on subscription from the editor Paul Matz at 11 Tannington Terrace, London, N5 1LE or email programmemonthly@gmail.com.
Pompeynut

Non League Club: Bognor Regis Town
Pro Club: Portsmouth

Postby vandertaff » Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:15

When it was one programme a week, doing one could be fun, but two a week was a stretch, and three a week, which seemed to happen most Aprils, sort of trashed your life a bit. I imagine that it is a lot easier if you don't have a proper job.

The Premier League programmes are nowadays pretty boring and far too fat/heavy to collect.
vandertaff

Postby BarryStGermain » Thu Jun 14 2018, 13:28

I would love to see the assessment criteria, I was very surprised to see Peacehaven so low down, for example, with one of the better programmes in the league.
BarryStGermain

Non League Club: Dover Athletic and Lancing FC
Pro Club: na
Twitter Acct: Barrystgermain1

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues