Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Is it just me??

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Is it just me??

Postby leftbackathome » Fri Sep 14 2018, 16:44

At the risk of sounding like an old codger on the letters page of the Times (as opposed to ACTUALLY being an old codger on the Nomad forum..) I am a bit concerned that virtually every post of the forum in recent weeks has had the benefit of not one single reply!?!
It may be that my ancient PC is just not reporting them, or that the IT department at Nomad Towers has been overwhelmed, but I suspect that is more that there is an apathy setting in amongst the county league faithful. T this time of year, the forum should be teaming with gossip and moans and groans, along with wild and improbable transfer speculation.
I think we need a campaign to get a free advert put into every SCFL programme inviting new members and lively debate.
Of course it could be that everyone and his dog ignores this post as well......
leftbackathome

Non League Club: Eastbourne United AFC
Pro Club: Chelsea
Twitter Acct: @drumstuffdrums

Re: Is it just me??

Postby BarryStGermain » Mon Sep 17 2018, 10:05

You're right - I would have thought with Lancing's manager resigning, all sorts seemingly going on at Eastbourne Town, Uckfield having a purple patch and seven dayers flying around like confetti that the forum would be buzzing. It seems we don't do gossip like weused to!
BarryStGermain

Non League Club: Dover Athletic and Lancing FC
Pro Club: na
Twitter Acct: Barrystgermain1

Postby Goat » Tue Sep 18 2018, 13:24

BarryStGermain wrote:You're right - I would have thought with Lancing's manager resigning, all sorts seemingly going on at Eastbourne Town, Uckfield having a purple patch and seven dayers flying around like confetti that the forum would be buzzing. It seems we don't do gossip like weused to!

Greetings and salutations

It is as 'Plain as a pikestaff' that Twitter is the vehicle for news dissemination and sadly the cut and thrust of debate that was once prevalent on the hallowed Nomad has now been consigned to the dustbin of history.

Perhaps former glories will resurface and that we will once again experience the frisson of excitement at perusing insightful information and being active participants in the cut and thrust of healthy debate and discussion.

^:)^
“Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.” !!
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby leftbackathome » Tue Sep 18 2018, 14:38

Yup, you are right to a degree - Twitter is the place, HOWEVER, the threads and discussions on here are easier to follow and better organised, plus we have the benefit of going on for 15 paragraphs if we need to!! To answer Barry's point - I have no idea what is happening at Town, in theory they should be toward the top of the table. The death of The lovely Roger Addems this week will certainly have an effect, one can't help feeling that Mile Oak felt the players response in the RUR cup!

Of course if you had to pay £5 for every 7 day letter generated into a central fund, every club in the league could get a 3G pitch!!
leftbackathome

Non League Club: Eastbourne United AFC
Pro Club: Chelsea
Twitter Acct: @drumstuffdrums

Postby Goat » Tue Sep 18 2018, 15:15

leftbackathome wrote:Yup, you are right to a degree - Twitter is the place, HOWEVER, the threads and discussions on here are easier to follow and better organised, plus we have the benefit of going on for 15 paragraphs if we need to!! To answer Barry's point - I have no idea what is happening at Town, in theory they should be toward the top of the table. The death of The lovely Roger Addems this week will certainly have an effect, one can't help feeling that Mile Oak felt the players response in the RUR cup!

Of course if you had to pay £5 for every 7 day letter generated into a central fund, every club in the league could get a 3G pitch!!

Protracted debate can be exceedingly insightful and enlightening with words rattling forth akin to castings from a machine gun.Declamatory posts, ultra-crepidarian tendencies and fastideousness in phraseology all add to the 'Rich tapestry' of discussion.Perhaps the great cacophanous crescendo of instant punditry will return to the hallowed NOMAD.

:-bd
“Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.” !!
~ Irish saying
Goat

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues