Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

FA Vase

[ Facebook comments]

Polls are now allowed to be posted site wide.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Topic locked

Longest run in the Vase

Eastbourne Town
29%
Whitehawk
36%
Wick
No votes
Hailsham Town
7%
Three Bridges
21%
Selsey
7%

Total votes : 14

FA Vase

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 21 2006, 17:54

It's all quite exciting in Sussex this season in the Vase. So who do you think will go furthest of the County sides this season?

Whitehawk and Hailsham are currently having a great run in the League and have had recent runs to County Cup finals, as have Bridges who always seem to be there or thereabouts for the teams that go furthest from the County League in the FA competitions. Of course the most successful manager ever in the FA Vase from the SCFL is still there, Carl Stabler who took Littlehampton to the semi's back in '91. Can he achieve it with Wick? Selsey have had a more than satisfactory return to Div 1 this season and haven't been out of the top half since the term started. And Eastbourne Town who have possibly/arguably the best squad in the division and went to North Leigh in an ever strong Hellenic League (and second in their division) and beat them in their own back (farm) yard.

As four of the Sussex sides play each other, would it be preferable to have another Sussex draw in the next round to get one through to the last sixteen?

Whats your thoughts?
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 21 2006, 18:00

Personally I have gone for Eastbourne Town although I have a good feeling for Whitehawk to. I went for one of the four sides playing each other. Don't know why, I've being tipping Town for the league (and still do with a close run with Whitehawk) and I think they are going to get some success somewhere. Town for the semi's. Thats my nap.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby MITCHELL » Fri Nov 24 2006, 08:26

Went for Eastbourne Town as I picked them at the start of the season think Whitehawk are a good bett and Hailsham have suprisesd a few this years. Its so good for the League to have this clubs in the Cup :lol:
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Topic locked

Return to Polls