Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Whats the outcome?

[ Facebook comments]

Ask our resident Ref(s) your questions here.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Whats the outcome?

Postby jamiecrellin » Sun Dec 14 2008, 14:30

sitting at college the other day in a lesson talking about laws, a senario come up ! you have a free kick on the edge of your own box , you pass it back to your own keeper , it rolls into the net with out touching the goalie , ! what is awarded!? ? ? ?

i cant belive the asnwer my lecturer told us!

he is convinced a corner would be awarded? any one confirm this?
jamiecrellin

Re: Whats the outcome?

Postby whatever » Sun Dec 14 2008, 18:29

jamiecrellin wrote:sitting at college the other day in a lesson talking about laws, a senario come up ! you have a free kick on the edge of your own box , you pass it back to your own keeper , it rolls into the net with out touching the goalie , ! what is awarded!? ? ? ?

If the free kick was taken from outside the penalty area, a corner kick is the correct decision.

If the free kick is taken inside the penalty area it should be retaken as the ball would not be in play until it leaves the penalty area.
Who's side are you on ref?

whatever

Postby Tony Minoldo » Sun Dec 14 2008, 20:31

whatever wrote:
jamiecrellin wrote:sitting at college the other day in a lesson talking about laws, a senario come up ! you have a free kick on the edge of your own box , you pass it back to your own keeper , it rolls into the net with out touching the goalie , ! what is awarded!? ? ? ?

If the free kick was taken from outside the penalty area, a corner kick is the correct decision.

If the free kick is taken inside the penalty area it should be retaken as the ball would not be in play until it leaves the penalty area.

Spot on, and can't understand the surprise, because it's clearly stated in the laws of the game...But many of us play whitout even knowing how many laws of the game exist. When I recently asked my students of football at uni, only one out of 25 (of which 24 played football for a team) knew the answer.

To think about before complaining against referees and linesmen!

For everyone: If you like chocolate, pm me!
http://www.tmcoachingconsultancy.co.uk
http://www.thedoctor61motorcycles.co.uk

Tony Minoldo

• Website

Postby octopus » Thu Jan 22 2009, 21:23

whatever wrote:

how did you know that "whatever" i like most players would not have a clue
if it aint broke dont fix it ;-)
octopus
Site Mod

Pro Club: Tottenham Hotspur FC
Twitter Acct: @croftysfootypic
  • Website

Postby scflfan » Sat Jan 24 2009, 20:12

octopus wrote:
whatever wrote:

how did you know that "whatever" i like most players would not have a clue

Because he is a referee............
Richard Smallwood
scflfan

Pro Club: Southampton

Post a reply

Return to Ask the Ref!