Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Database for disciplinary records

[ Facebook comments]

Ask our resident Ref(s) your questions here.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Database for disciplinary records

Postby davidhammers » Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:46

Can any referees tell me if there is a database with details of players red/yellow cards kept at the Sussex FA over their career and is this used for/against them when reviewing new offences? Can players access the database out of curiosity?
www.webteams.co.uk/lewesbridgeview

davidhammers

Re: Database for disciplinary records

Postby whatever » Wed Jun 09 2010, 07:43

Why don't you do a FOI request to SCFA?
Who's side are you on ref?

whatever

Postby davidhammers » Sun Jun 13 2010, 14:05

Whats a FOI?
www.webteams.co.uk/lewesbridgeview

davidhammers

Postby The Rat » Sun Jun 13 2010, 14:27

davidhammers wrote:Whats a FOI?

Freedom of Information. The FOI gives you the right to ask any public body for all the information they have on any subject you choose. Also, unless there’s a good reason, the organisation must provide the information within a month. You can also ask for all the personal information they hold on you.

Thinking about this I may use this myself to enquire why a county league team in Div 3 were allowed to get away with playing a suspended player in a league game without any penalty being imposed which could have had an impact on who went up this last season. The player in particular was shown as suspended on the Sussex FA site and was witnessed playing by an official who reported the matter. The third party involved in this affair i.e. the opponents who lost the game were never allowed to voice their opinion and to date have let the matter rest. Perhaps the team who played the player would like to respond as they know who they are, and give us the reason why no points were deducted.
The Rat

Postby milkeybarkid » Thu Jun 17 2010, 19:32

The Rat wrote:
davidhammers wrote:Whats a FOI?

The FOI gives you the right to ask any public body

The FOI will not work with SCFA as it is a private limited company. You will however be entitled to get information about yourself only under a subject access request (Under the data protection act) It will cost you £10 to get this information.

Hope this helps
milkeybarkid

Postby wobbles » Thu Jul 01 2010, 18:54

Yes you have a record kept by your local FA it is now used in a different way as you may know you can accept a ban offered to you or a red card maybe a 1 or 2 game ban some bans are mandatory if you plead not guilty and are found guilty they view your past crimes. B,your past offences can haunt you ut junior footie is not treated as senior or intermediate as they are step 5 6 7 junior is not in the step
davidhammers wrote:Can any referees tell me if there is a database with details of players red/yellow cards kept at the Sussex FA over their career and is this used for/against them when reviewing new offences? Can players access the database out of curiosity?
wobbles

Post a reply

Return to Ask the Ref!