sussex sunday league

[ Facebook comments]

For all the Sunday enthusiasts.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

sussex sunday league

Postby ferring sunday fc » Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:58

sussex sunday premier looks strong this season even after millhouse and a1 cars leaveing the div. so whos going to win it and whos going down,.
ferring sunday fc

Non League Club: ferring fc
Pro Club: arundel

Re: sussex sunday league

Postby spreadeaglefc » Tue Sep 24 2013, 09:31

Ferring have come unstuck! After 1 game getting thrashed by Aymer they pull out the league :)) =))

Very short league again, defintely have to play each team 3 times or it will be over by Xmas!

No one likes us, we don't care!
spreadeaglefc

Postby pinkflamingosfc » Wed Sep 25 2013, 11:59

I'm starting to think it might be us... Of our 3 league fixtures so far this season, 2 have been cancelled due to the opposition folding....
pinkflamingosfc

Postby spreadeaglefc » Wed Sep 25 2013, 15:56

pinkflamingosfc wrote:I'm starting to think it might be us... Of our 3 league fixtures so far this season, 2 have been cancelled due to the opposition folding....

It is ridiculous really the league. The Sunday league need to take a big deposit upfront so the teams think again when pulling out

I said it last year it's slowly going down hill and before we know it there will be about 3 leagues remaining

Personally they should have a complete restructure of the leagues as premier teams shouldn't even consider folding let alone the lower divsions. On top of all that the council do play a major part aswell

Only time will tell what happens

But you should try, along with the rest of the squad, to do your utmost in staying in the league. I know it's difficult but can be acheived if everyone wants it

It is frustrating games cancelled, I can't see why they fold so easy without even trying to stay

Ferring gave it all the biggen when coming to SSFL, they shouldn't have joined this side of Sussex if the players don't want to travel

As for Withdean Grange that surprised me as they won the league not long back and aren't a bad side
No one likes us, we don't care!
spreadeaglefc

Postby Travis » Thu Sep 26 2013, 07:56

Looking at the league website, 10 teams have pulled out so far! Shocking from the clubs.

The league are in a difficult position, I'm sure they would love to see the SSFL grow and grow so possibly can be a bit over accommodating with new clubs. If you ask for a massive deposit your going to get no new teams. I can't believe these teams cant find 12 lads to turn out for them every week, I don't think they're trying very hard.
Travis

Post a reply

Return to Sunday Leagues