Aussies in World Cup.

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Aussies in World Cup.

Postby Geoff.B » Sat Jun 24 2006, 03:03

Evening all, I cant let this moment go without crowing how good the Aussies have been so far. They were GONE twice against Crotia and managed to get back on their feet. Bring on Italy tomorrow arvo/night. LOL. To get passed the first round is briliant, to state the obvious. If we dont go all the way, I hope you blokes will repeat 1966. It will be harder with all your injuries though. Best wishes from Melbourne. GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!
Go Hursts
Geoff.B

Re: Aussies in World Cup.

Postby sugar ray » Sat Jun 24 2006, 06:14

Geoff.B wrote:Evening all, I cant let this moment go without crowing how good the Aussies have been so far. They were GONE twice against Crotia and managed to get back on their feet. Bring on Italy tomorrow arvo/night. LOL. To get passed the first round is briliant, to state the obvious. If we dont go all the way, I hope you blokes will repeat 1966. It will be harder with all your injuries though. Best wishes from Melbourne. GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!

What a load of old "TOSH" :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got as much chance of beating Italy as you have of winning the next ashes series :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a bad effort for load of old "KANGAROOOOS" :lol: :lol: :lol:

"GOOD LUCK MATEY" (say hello to sheila for us)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sugar ray

Postby Whitey » Sat Jun 24 2006, 07:42

It's been bugging me for a few days Sugar Ray,why have you got a picture of Bernard Hopkins as your avatar?
Whitey

Postby sugar ray » Sat Jun 24 2006, 08:49

Whitey wrote:It's been bugging me for a few days Sugar Ray,why have you got a picture of Bernard Hopkins as your avatar?

Nice of you to notice "Quality" when it's in front of you!.

He is the best three weight World Champion "EVER" and among the top World Champs to ever grace this PLANET along with Mohammid ALI, Marvin HAGLER, Joe LOUISE. Jose BARRERA and my name-sake and Idol Sugar Ray LEONARD.

Hope that takes the bugs away
sugar ray

Postby Whitey » Sat Jun 24 2006, 09:48

Could'nt agree more just a shame Father time caught up with him in the Taylor fights then he could retired as holding two weights champ.
Whitey

Postby Geoff.B » Mon Jun 26 2006, 05:15

Evening all, Yes, I do agree with you that the Aussies blokes dont have much hope of beating Italy. Actually I thought (??) when they went over there that they wouldnt beat time with a stick. So making this far is a winner. As for the next Ashes. Well, going on Englands performances against Sri Lanka I wouldnt be holding my breath about holding to the Ashes for too long. 0/3 in the one dayers, on home soil aint a morale booster. Most of the Ashes have been sold out out. Only the last 3 days of the Melbourne Test left. Might not sell them all as the M.C.G. now holds 110/ 120,000, (thanks to the Commonwealth Games) and the last 3 days of the Test are working days. How do you know me missus' name is Sheila? LOL. Believe it or not (??) I have known 2 women named Sheila and I hate to say it, both are Brits. Cheers and best wishes from Melbourne.
Go Hursts
Geoff.B

Postby the lawn mower » Mon Jun 26 2006, 06:39

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good-on yer cobber ............ Just woke up after an amazing nite celebrating.
Hope your "roos" get through aswell. :lol: :lol:
But i'm afraid you aint got the foggyist about cricket.
We're saving our front side to give you lot another "DICKING".

What part of our Colony do you come from

Whoops - time for another bottle
the lawn mower

Postby sugar ray » Mon Jun 26 2006, 17:38

Unlucky you Aussies, your boys gave it a good go, better luck next time.
Just didn't have enough quality (when you had the extra player) to be able to get a goal against some of the best defenders in the World
sugar ray

Postby Rusty G » Mon Jun 26 2006, 19:40

the word 'cheated' comes to mind

Referee's are becoming more of a spectacle than the players

seem to get worse and worse
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby crewealexfc » Mon Jun 26 2006, 20:00

I reckon Rusty G is spot on.
crewealexfc

Postby The Tye » Mon Jun 26 2006, 22:04

Greasy F*cking Iti's!!!

Luca Toni - what a waste of space, 32 goals in serie a? the league is definitely bent!!! I cant wait to collect my winnings of a certain nomadian!

Toni time it is not!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Fingers » Tue Jun 27 2006, 09:04

Whoever dives/cheats best will win this world cup. The referees have proved thus far that they are unable to distinguish between dives, blatant cheating and legitamate fouls. The Refs need help from TV replays. It happens in every other sport so why not football?

Although last nights game Ukraine v Swiss wasnt a great game the ref didnt seem to hand the cards out like confetti. I personally feel that Fifa have had a word with the refs to say calm down on your cards otherwise we wont have any players left for the semi-finals.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 27 2006, 09:26

Your right, its fast becomming that the team that wins is the team which the ref sides against. Mexico V's Agrentina - Heinze should have gone yet last night Materazzi goes for two footing his own player, yellow yes but red never!

I feel very sorry for all Aussies, what a blatant dive, I cannot believe that the ref bought that one. Plus Totti is a greasy cheat and should be strung up!

I think Fifa have already picked the finalists in a way like the Worthing league comittee pick their cup draws!

Still, come on England!
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Jun 27 2006, 10:25

It's been the worse display of refereeing I can remember at a tournament. The players themselves have to take responsibility as 95% of them are constantly trying to get other players booked and win free kicks when they are clearly not touched.

It will only change when video evidence is brought in. Why can't the 4th Official sit in front of a monitor, and see instant replays. When a player is sent of or a penatly is given the game stops for at least 2 minutes anyway, so what would be the problem of taking 20 seconds to look at a replay.

No doubt people will come on here and put obstacles up as to why this can't work, but wouldn't you rather give it a chance, than continue to put up with the injustices the are plighting the World Cup.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby Fingers » Tue Jun 27 2006, 10:41

Lord Zola wrote:It will only change when video evidence is brought in. Why can't the 4th Official sit in front of a monitor, and see instant replays. When a player is sent of or a penatly is given the game stops for at least 2 minutes anyway, so what would be the problem of taking 20 seconds to look at a replay.

I agree with the money invested in football today something needs to be done as the refs are taking the blame for players theatrics. Some of them are very good a making something out of nothing and to the naked eye it looks a foul but on replay it clearly isnt. The argument of taking away the human element is rubbish as I would rather see video evidence helping out refs and officials, rather than allowing the farcical events of Portugal v Holland become commen practice.

If the video evidence clearly shows a dive then the said player would be cautioned accordingly. I think it should only be for penalties and goalline clearances and cautions.

The Heinze challenge on the Mexican player the other day was a yellow card offence in my opinion. If the Mexican player had kicked the ball straight rather than in the direction of Ayala, then the ref may have sent off Heinze, but by kicking it in Ayala's direction then Im pretty sure if he'd have hurdled Heinze hack Ayala would have got a challenge in before he had a shot a goal. I havent seen Matterazzi sending off so I cant comment.

One things for sure England can have no excuses if we dont beat Portugal as their best player (Deco) isnt playing and we are arguably at full strength. If I was an England defender first thing I would do is flying knee Ronaldo in his thigh. Anyone whos had a dead leg knows they hurt and whatever you do you cant shake them off in 5 days so he wont be 100% fit so WHACK first 5 mins let him know. He's got 8 weeks til the premiership starts. Go on Gary do it for your country!
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Next

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006