yeah. he reffed our semi with rustington. haha
fort_roader

Opens in new browser window

Postby crewealexfc » Thu Jun 29 2006, 21:49

wouldnt be simon griffiths fort roader?
crewealexfc

Postby Rusty G » Fri Jun 30 2006, 07:05

Saw quite a long interview last night with Graham Poll and I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, he came across as honest, decent and a likeable guy, what we have laughed and joked about has obviously hit this guy (and his family) really hard and I feel for the guy, his ambition in life was to sit his granchildren on his knee in years to come and tell them that he refereed a World Cup final, by his own admission he had a good chance of acheiving this had he not made the simplest of mistakes or England themselves don't go on to make the final.

He has been hammered by the media and by critics, and he considered throwing the towel in purely for the sake of his family, he was visibly upset talking about this and I really do feel for the guy.

As much as we all hammer some officials, I think we rarely appreciate how passionate some of them are about the game, and it has certainly changed my attitude.
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby MITCHELL » Fri Jun 30 2006, 07:06

We would not have football at all with out them
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Postby the lawn mower » Fri Jun 30 2006, 07:37

Rusty G wrote:Saw quite a long interview last night with Graham Poll and I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, he came across as honest, decent and a likeable guy, what we have laughed and joked about has obviously hit this guy (and his family) really hard and I feel for the guy, his ambition in life was to sit his granchildren on his knee in years to come and tell them that he refereed a World Cup final, by his own admission he had a good chance of acheiving this had he not made the simplest of mistakes or England themselves don't go on to make the final.

He has been hammered by the media and by critics, and he considered throwing the towel in purely for the sake of his family, he was visibly upset talking about this and I really do feel for the guy.

As much as we all hammer some officials, I think we rarely appreciate how passionate some of them are about the game, and it has certainly changed my attitude.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH The Bloke a self-centered egotist who's just had his pride smashed, and he's just realised that he is no longer the big -"I AM"- he thought he was.
But the "look at me" " aren't I good " attitude will return as soon as the premiership starts.
the lawn mower

Postby Fingers » Fri Jun 30 2006, 07:43

I agree with LawnMower man (for once) Graham Poll is a knob and always will be. Its all about him and him only when he officates and this is his payback for some really bad decisions and playing up to cameras whenever possible. His ambition should be to officiate a world cup semi-final not a final as he should want England to be in the final. Again another example of his 'self preservation society'
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby Ansty FC » Fri Jun 30 2006, 08:03

Fingers wrote:I agree with LawnMower man (for once) Graham Poll is a knob and always will be. Its all about him and him only when he officates and this is his payback for some really bad decisions and playing up to cameras whenever possible. His ambition should be to officiate a world cup semi-final not a final as he should want England to be in the final. Again another example of his 'self preservation society'

Spot on.

Agree with both Fingers & The Lawn Mower.

Pillock.
Ansty FC

• Website

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 30 2006, 09:52

My dad is very good friends with Graham Poll (seriously, he is) and as Rusty G pointed out he is definately very upset by what has happened.

However, he would never have reffed a World Cup Final as England are going to be in it!

On a different note my Dad has told me that Graham Poll said that Manchester united are the biggest bunch of self obsessed tossers he has ever had to referee (and Fergusson is included in that statement, he brought Graham Poll a watch for his birthday)
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby sugar ray » Fri Jun 30 2006, 10:06

Dave wrote:My dad is very good friends with Graham Poll (seriously, he is) and as Rusty G pointed out he is definately very upset by what has happened.

However, he would never have reffed a World Cup Final as England are going to be in it!

On a different note my Dad has told me that Graham Poll said that Manchester united are the biggest bunch of self obsessed tossers he has ever had to referee (and Fergusson is included in that statement, he brought Graham Poll a watch for his birthday)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DAVE ;
You've got a great sence of humour
sugar ray

Postby Fingers » Fri Jun 30 2006, 10:24

Dave wrote: he brought Graham Poll a watch for his birthday)

I bet he set it 3 mins slow aswell. You hatred for Man Utd Dave is very strong.

I suppose you hatred stems from the fact their fans dont live in Manchester or some other @!#& reason, that they think they are better than the rest etc etc etc. Simple truth is during the 90's they were. Now its Chelseas turn to become the most hated club in Britain.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby Rusty G » Fri Jun 30 2006, 11:27

Dave comes from Reading.

Need I say more
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby red_boots2 » Fri Jun 30 2006, 12:08

Dave wrote:My dad is very good friends with Graham Poll (seriously, he is) and as Rusty G pointed out he is definately very upset by what has happened.

I always thought Graham Poll was a self obsessed tosser, so you'd think he'd get on well with United
Last edited by red_boots2 on Fri Jun 30 2006, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever It Takes
red_boots2

• YIM

Postby red_boots2 » Fri Jun 30 2006, 12:10

Also I saw an interview with Viduka where he said: I mentioned to Graham that we thought the player had already been booked, but he threatend to book me for trying to get the player sent off"
Whatever It Takes
red_boots2

• YIM

Next

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006