Find us on facebook

Christiano Ronaldo

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby Hitman » Mon Jul 03 2006, 09:09

If he does stay in the Premiership and I was a fringe player for a club like Man City I would ask Pearce if I could come on with 3 mins to go and then take out the slimy c*nt with a two footed waste high challenge (one of those ones where you take off about 3 feet before you make contact) . :twisted:..then while he was rolling around on the floor I would bow to the for corners of the ground and then do a lap of honour!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hitman

Postby Downer and Out » Mon Jul 03 2006, 09:10

A.L.B wrote:
Just imagine all the crunching tackles flying in, ha! Brilliant!!

And that will just be on the United training ground!!
Downer and Out

Postby diver » Mon Jul 03 2006, 09:18

Hate him, pure hatred, United pre season could be tasty though
diver

Postby Fingers » Mon Jul 03 2006, 09:59

For his own saftey he better not enter England again. I really hope Portugal get stuffed by France. Zidane is pure class and plays football how its ment to be played not like the cheating diving spics.
Fingers

• Website

Postby Lord Zola » Mon Jul 03 2006, 12:52

The real issue is that people like Ronaldo are slowly but surely ruining the game.

Think about it, how many rugby, cricket or golf fans that tuned into the world cup out of patriatisim, like we football fans did for the Rugby World Cup and Ashes, would since, as a result of what they have seen would now have a greater interest in football. None will be you answer. Most would probably chose not to watch football again, after witnessing the antics of players like Ronaldo and Maniche. I expect most rugby fans just laugh.

It's a game where cheats will always prosper. Rooney was a victim of his own honesty by not going down when he was originally fouled when the ball was played up to him, he was also fouled at least 2 more times before the petulant stamp. It's crazy, but the fact remains that it Rooney would have just fell to the floor when he was touched, none of this would have happened.

The only way we will win a mojor tournament is to change are attitude to that of a more synical nature. Playing the ref, is built into players at a young age in other coutries. Ronaldo is just a kid himself, but his mentality towards winning (wether it right or wrong) is more atune than even are most experienced players.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby *JBFC11* » Mon Jul 03 2006, 13:40

www.ihateronaldo.com
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby Lord Zola » Mon Jul 03 2006, 14:05

http://www.ihateronaldo.com/
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby *JBFC11* » Mon Jul 03 2006, 14:08

Lord Zola wrote:http://www.ihateronaldo.com/

It works either way, with or without hyper txt transfer protocol!

Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby Hitman » Mon Jul 03 2006, 15:38

Lord Zola wrote:The real issue is that people like Ronaldo are slowly but surely ruining the game.

The only way we will win a mojor tournament is to change are attitude to that of a more synical nature

Unfortunately Jay I think your right. The game is in a really sad state at the moment due to all the diving, play acting and cheating that is going on and we (England) are the ones for paying the price for sticking to our principals and going down that road!

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and Rooney had butted the back of Ronaldo's head like that?? He would have gone down like a sack of @!#&, rolling around pretending to be in agony and the Ref would have been made aware of it!

In my opinion this world cup has been crap to watch anyway as the game has become so stop start!! There is just no flow to the games anymore as you have the awful mixture of rediculous referee's that are out of their depths blowing every few minutes for the faintest of touches combined with cheating players (mainly Latin type's) falling over as soon as anyone is within three feet of them!

It's as if the game has changed out of all recognition and rather than attacking and open play it's about how many free kicks you can win and how many players you can get sent off from the opposing side!

If anything I would say that it's the newer countries to have started playing football like the yanks or the African countries that play the game closer to how it should be!

Hitman

Postby Lensmeister » Mon Jul 03 2006, 16:54

MITCHELL wrote:Hope he never kick a ball in this country again Man U should sell him or deport him now :twisted:

better still hang on to the little runt and then put him on the bench and NEVER play him !

make him go warm up infronty of the opposition fans !
www.croydon-fc.co.uk
www.lensmeister.com
www.lensmeister.co.uk
www.sporting-photos.co.uk

Lensmeister

• Website
  • YIM

Postby Lensmeister » Mon Jul 03 2006, 17:16

Lord Zola wrote:The real issue is that people like Ronaldo are slowly but surely ruining the game.

The only way we will win a mojor tournament is to change are attitude to that of a more synical nature. Playing the ref, is built into players at a young age in other coutries. Ronaldo is just a kid himself, but his mentality towards winning (wether it right or wrong) is more atune than even are most experienced players.

That's a rather interesting point you make there. And one I have to agree with. but when it comes to the beautiful game we invented we have been in this situation before. And no doubt we'll be in it again. Recently I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of 'Soccer Revolution' by Willy Meisl. Althought Meisl wrote the book in 1956 it shows the English (and other home nations) football associations as rather blinkered.

Meisl predicted the Hungarian humiliation of England in the 50's and was able to talk openly about how the national game was far behind those of their other European opponents. And he was right. Now we seem to find ourselves in the same situation again. But this time the problem is somewhat different.

In the 50's Meisl speaks of how the 'British' game became a more speed and less accuracy style. The game was no longer about passing and moving but more about hitting and running. This time we have the uneviable task of deciding whether or not to adopt the rather foul and loathsome style of conning referees, both slyly or blatantly.

Cetainly there are joke clips on the net about training camps of player who on the blow of a whistle drop to the floor and rol about in mock agony. But now this is not so far from the truth, especially from the decarcle we saw on Saturday evening.

The art of conning the ref has really only been isolated to a numbero nations. Leaders in the field have always been Italy, but now there are new names on the crown of shame. Portugal. The Spanish player had a little of the reputation and the Germans did for a while with Jergen at Tottenham show his Olympic diving skills. But it's not al European players/nations that play on this. In 2003 I was in Austria watching a Budesliga match between Rapid Vienna and Salzburg and there was none of this play acting. There were strong and fair challenges but no one went down like Ronaldo (Runt for short). The Swiss, Dutch, even the French don't appear to adopt this foul cheating style of play. The South American's play open attractive football and they hardly resort to it. Certainly the Brazilians don't. Mind you at this moment in time it would take a JCB to drop Ronaldo should he become startled by something and actually break in to a run.

I know I drop the odd humourous note in here to lighten it somewhat. But the question is do we all become Runts or do we all remain Terry Butchers and carry on regardless.

Anyone interesting the book by Willy Meisl should try ebay for a copy. It is a little heavy going at first but the man REALLY knew his football. Soccer Revolution - one of the all time football MUST READS.

Thanks for listening
Oh and if you see me around one of the sussex Grounds .,,.... Mines Jack Daniels
www.croydon-fc.co.uk
www.lensmeister.com
www.lensmeister.co.uk

Lensmeister

• Website
  • YIM

Postby the lawn mower » Tue Jul 04 2006, 06:31

LENSMEITER

I'll buy you a J.D. but dont expect me to agree with you.

I dont think we are on the same wave-lenth.

the lawn mower

Postby Lensmeister » Tue Jul 04 2006, 07:12

That's ok ... I'll still talk to you
www.croydon-fc.co.uk
www.lensmeister.com
www.lensmeister.co.uk

Lensmeister

• Website
  • YIM

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 04 2006, 07:53

*JBFC11* wrote:www.ihateronaldo.com

a very thoughtful and well put together website, well done to its creator, it provides the reader with a completley unbiased view on the occurances of Saturday afternoons game.
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby A.L.B » Tue Jul 04 2006, 08:18

Just a warning though, it will bring all that f*@%ing frustration and anger back!!! Just wish there was a way of gettin to the c***!!

A.L.B

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006