Post a reply

Postby The Tye » Sat Jul 08 2006, 18:48

could be worse, You could be a Heap!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Tye
Site Mod

Opens in new browser window

Postby Dean Bradford » Sat Jul 08 2006, 19:42

OK time for an opionion on this!

Before anyone says anything I am REALLY REALLY passionate about following England. When seeing the game live I could not believe Rooney was red carded. However, when seeing the replays as much as it should have been a free kick in Ronneys favour he did appear to leave a trailing foot in his nuts as much as he did stumble in the international game the ref was probably right.

It just smacks of the same retaliation that Beckham did and I will maintain to this day that in the heat of the moment I have never blamed Beckham for what he did nor what Rooney did. We grow up in this country with unrivaled pride and passion and if both incidents had happened in the Premiership it would not have been an issue.

That said it fcuked me off beyond belief the antics of that little winker in terms of saying to ref look what he did and get him sent off. I'm sorry I have to disagree that if the ball was on the other foot the english would not have surrounded the ref with protests of getting another player sent off - it is just not our way.

There is no way Ronaldo will be in the Premiership next season. That is why I have the upmost respect for Beckham. He faced the music during the 98/99 season and had his best season for Utd as well as then scoring the winner against Greece and then the pen against Argentina.

I just hope that Rooney follows in Beckhams footsteps.
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby *JBFC11* » Sun Jul 09 2006, 09:24

alfie wrote:
*JBFC11* wrote:
alfie wrote:
*JBFC11* wrote:
alfie wrote:Whenever someones opinion differs from the majority, this forum turns nasty and personal. Why can't some of you realise that not everyone agrees with you and let them have their say without resorting to childish name calling.
If bakes thinks Ronaldo was the best player that is opinion and you do not have to agree with him, but let him have his say.

At what point did I resort to name calling? I said "Are you Scottish" in banter and in reference to the scot's quest to make sure Ronaldo won the award that rivalled England's quest to make sure he didn't.

Just for further reference, FIFA's official reason for Podolski pipping Ronaldo: Ronaldo's play acting and card jesturing!!

thanka u!!!

Methinks you protest too much.!! At no time did I mention names in reference to the name calling. Could it be a guilty conscience. As the saying goes " If the cap fits........."

Not at all mate, but at least they've stuck to the subject of the thread.

How would my conscience be guilty, firstly shud read my posts and secondly I wouldn't give a monkeys as personally I think your a piece!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend guys, it's beer time!!

Oh dear and just don't you or anyone else dare to disagree with the mighty jbfc11. I don't really know, or care , what "a piece"is but I can only guess that it is less than complmentary.

Why's that? Cos you'll get mugged off???

Tye, reckon he is a bit of a heap mate.

Dean, great comments above. Agree totally.
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby alfie » Sun Jul 09 2006, 15:29

*JBFC11* wrote:

Keep the insults coming boyo. Takes more than that to shut me up. I left all that behind in the playground. Shame you didn't. Back him up Tye. He obviously needs someone to hide behind
alfie

Postby The Tye » Sun Jul 09 2006, 16:00

you gonna reveal yourself then alfie? am interested to know your identidy!!!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby alfie » Sun Jul 09 2006, 16:32

The Tye wrote:you gonna reveal yourself then alfie? am interested to know your identidy!!!

What and spoil all my fun. When I decide to, you will be kicking yourself for not guessing earlier boyo.
alfie

Postby *JBFC11* » Sun Jul 09 2006, 21:36

alfie wrote:
*JBFC11* wrote:

Keep the insults coming boyo. Takes more than that to shut me up. I left all that behind in the playground. Shame you didn't. Back him up Tye. He obviously needs someone to hide behind
#

Don't need no backup, in fact I propose a fight. Me and you, 4pm tomorrow. Chatsworth Park. Tye not invited!!!

:lol:

As we're acting like children, might as well sort things out as we did in school haha!!
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby alfie » Mon Jul 10 2006, 18:23

Hard man too. How scarey!!!

Any be brave my little hero, I am going on holiday tonight for 2 weeks. Talk to you when I get back. Love you xxxxx
alfie

Postby *JBFC11* » Mon Jul 10 2006, 20:44

alfie wrote:Hard man too. How scarey!!!

Any be brave my little hero, I am going on holiday tonight for 2 weeks. Talk to you when I get back. Love you xxxxx

Love you to son, have a blinder!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby bakes » Tue Jun 05 2007, 20:37

so a year on and with ronaldo having a first class season, has any ones view changed??
bakes

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 06 2007, 06:52

Bakes... why should people's views change? He got exactly what he deserved last summer after his cheating antics. But he proved for a young lad what a big player he is with a stunning season that deserved, in return, the plaudits of everyone. He has a great character to bounce back, much the same as Beckham after 1998.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby bakes » Sun Jun 10 2007, 09:23

im not saying anyones views should of changed, im wondering if anyones have?

seems the initial reaction was genrally he should have left the premiership, mainly on that one incident.

so i wondered, having seem ronaldo conduct himself FAIRLY well, (yes he does dive a bit, most teams have players that do) were people glad to have him in our league?

i was.

im sure we all know incidents can happen, in the heat on the moment on a pitch. especially with carrying the passion of your whole country on your shoulders. (eg beckham 98)

any views???
bakes

Previous

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006