Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

suburban league result crow res v epsom res sat 5 nov 2011

[ Facebook comments]

Sussex County Reserve sides playing in the Suburban League.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

suburban league result crow res v epsom res sat 5 nov 2011

Postby schmicles » Sun Nov 06 2011, 15:33

crowbourough athletic res 2-4 epsom @ ewel res. crowborough played some nice football but epsom are a team that are growing in confident the only neg was crowborough keeper pulling a couple of good saves but seems half herted wandering if being in the suburban leage mite be to much for the 35yo.the idea is to bring the youngsters along to improve to the first team.??
schmicles

Re: suburban league result crow res v epsom res sat 5 nov 2011

Postby Mightymiller » Mon Nov 07 2011, 13:11

point taken however the 1st priority is to make sure we've actually got a keeper available every week! Hunty's only 30 (granted the years haven't been kind!) we have got a young lad called Ben Prior at the club who we're hoping will come through shortly but his schooling prevents him playing many Saturdays at the mo.. In truth we weren't quite good enough but its tricky with the lack of continuity we've had - the boys were pretty organised in the 1st half but fitness, lack of discupline (& floodlight failure) ultimately found us out! Good to see someone bothering to write on hear though, Cheers
Singin' we've got a windmill haven't you!!
Mightymiller

Pro Club: Crystal Palace FC
Twitter Acct: @Ivesy77
  • Website

Postby schmicles » Tue Nov 08 2011, 09:07

hi again i like to watch matches when i can and keep an eye on the results,and i sea that crowbourough athletic have made some changes to there sids firstly players have come and gone frome the first and i sea that a couple frome the res have gone up to the fist team.where has the young lad gone that played in goal for the res last year and why dont you use younger keepers and bring them on,i used to be a keeper many moons ago and i like to sea how the younger genarations are comming through the ranks.
schmicles

Postby corvus » Sat Nov 12 2011, 15:00

The reserve keeper left to join AFC Uckfield back in september. I dont know his reasons for leaving, but if I was to guess, I would say its probably because he knows he wont get a chance in the first team, no matter how badly the first team keeper plays.
corvus

Postby schmicles » Sat Nov 12 2011, 19:13

i thought that crowbouroughs first team keeper is doing quite well,but there is something in what you said about the keeper that left,would not get a chance even if the first team keeper was playing bad.what do you mean and why,as if a keeper is not playing well then there should be a keeper in the club that is playing better to have there chance.agree
schmicles

Postby corvus » Sat Nov 12 2011, 19:22

I agree the reserve team keeper should be given a chance. Yes, the first team keeper is playing better now, but earlier in the season he wasnt. The reason I dont think he will be dropped is because his dad is the chairman, which makes it difficult for the management team to drop him.
corvus

Postby schmicles » Sun Nov 13 2011, 12:17

so if a club wants to move forward and are playing well ,but the keeper isnt then the keeper in the res no matter how well he is on top of his game doesant get the chance to prove his worth in the first team,to me this doesaent seem right,so how is that keeper going to see how good or how far he could go in his career,to me the keeper in the res stayes there no matter what he and his team have achieved, is this only at crowbourough or at other clubs as well.
schmicles

Postby thereporter » Thu Nov 17 2011, 09:48

HAD A BAD DAY!!!!right miss informed about the two managers as they liv near seaford town,s,ives and g.mintrim,to far to travel to crow got it. dont always take what you here at face value thereporter.!!!red face.
Last edited by thereporter on Fri Nov 18 2011, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
thereporter

Postby tips » Thu Nov 17 2011, 19:37

"schmicles" / "thereporter" - You wouldn't happen to be the same person by any chance If not, you surely must know each other from the same school English lesson

What with the pseudonym "schmicles" (which I assume is a nod to the great Dane Peter Schmeichel), I get the feeling your a disgruntled goalkeeper at Crowborough desperately waiting for a shot at the ressie's number 1 jersey Or not
tips

Twitter Acct: MattTiplady

Postby thereporter » Fri Nov 18 2011, 07:26

hello [TIPS] nothing to do with schmicles whatsoever just saying it as it is.
Last edited by thereporter on Fri Nov 18 2011, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
thereporter

Postby thereporter » Fri Nov 18 2011, 07:45

hi tips wouldnt happen to be the (tips) that is associated to no1 is it would like to (BET)on it lol.
thereporter

Postby trawler » Fri Nov 18 2011, 23:02

I would like to point out a few facts seeing as you've done some enquiries but have your facts totally wrong.

Graeme Mintrim is still at the club as he is assistant manager in the first team to Dave Adams.

It is Grantham chatterly that has left with steve Ives for first team posts at seaford town which they felt were to good an opportunity to pass up. Nothing to do with travel or the club.

Graeme Mintrim lives in Eastbourne and has no issue with travel. He also signed Luke bonner to the club and gave him his opportunity in the first place at the start of last season when he was reserve team manager before being promoted to the first team.

Luke bonner finished the season in the reserves but the new management team (steve Ives and Grantham chatterly) felt the new guy that has come in was a better bet. So he got his chance.

Ben head is the chairmans son but that has no bearing on his place in the team. He is in on merit and has been outstanding. Yes he has made some mistakes along the way, which all young keepers will do as they learn and gain experience. But for every goal he has cost the club, he's prevented 20 to 30. Not a bad return for someone at the age of 20 who has been a first team regular for under a year. If he or any other goalkeeper was dropped after one mistake every team would have 10 or more goalkeepers a season. They all deserve a chance to put right their mistakes and try and improve. Luke bonner will adhere to that just like every other goalkeeper.

Hope this has helped you find the facts and given you some answers seeing as you were happy to sit there making it up.
Ball or Man. Never both!
trawler

Postby thereporter » Sat Nov 19 2011, 06:49

hi tips let me put one thing straight i am not a goalkeeper of any shape or form just making a point,if you are anything to do with crow fc and i have offended you i do apologize.but maybe i look at things the wrong way,now for instance i could look at what CORVUS said that the chairman son who is the goalkeeper for the 1st team has put money into the club and that the management wont drop him,so look at it to an outsiders point of view,its been known that parents do pay clubs.not saying that this is going on here but by putting money into a club as a chairman could be the same as paying for my son to play where he is.now the keeper has let in 48 goals and the team have scored 44,wheres shore hams keeper has let in49 goals and the team have scored 26 goals.and are at the bottom of the league. can you sea how people think,but i will stress that by folk thinking like this it is not intended in anyway towards crow fc and is mealy a discushon.
thereporter

Postby corvus » Sat Nov 19 2011, 12:07

I'm sure we are not the only club in the league to suffer from nepotism. But I'm happy to accept it, as if these people didnt take on their roles on the committee then we probably wouldnt exist now. (after our disastrous foray into the ryman league)
I'm not saying the keeper should be dropped after one bad game, but earlier in the season he did have a bad run of games, although he wasnt helped by some equaling poor defending.
We seem to be able give outfield players from the reserves a chance, so why not the keeper?
corvus

Postby thereporter » Sat Nov 19 2011, 12:27

agreed and just to confirm i am not targeting crow fc in anyway but mealy having a say just like anyone.
thereporter

Post a reply

Return to Suburban League