Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Crawley Town Legends 9-2 Nomad Online

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Postby Nomad » Tue Oct 17 2006, 10:17

I would be really grateful if someone living in the Crawley area can acquire a copy of the Crawley Observer this week as I think there will be a piece about Sunday's match.

If they send me the feature I will scan it as a PDF and add it to the site.
Nomad

Postby North Sussex Fan » Tue Oct 17 2006, 10:41

Nomad wrote:I would be really grateful if someone living in the Crawley area can acquire a copy of the Crawley Observer this week as I think there will be a piece about Sunday's match.

No problem David, I'll get one tomorrow
North Sussex Fan

Postby Nomad » Tue Oct 17 2006, 10:43

North Sussex Fan wrote:
Nomad wrote:I would be really grateful if someone living in the Crawley area can acquire a copy of the Crawley Observer this week as I think there will be a piece about Sunday's match.

Thanks ... and thanks once again for Sunday. Hopefully you will be fit for our next game.
Nomad

Postby Peter B » Tue Oct 17 2006, 22:22

Nomad wrote:
heathwebby wrote:anyone know what happened to the photos? the link says the album is not available ?

Perhaps Peter (Devils' Trust) has removed them for some reason.

I had to take them offline temporarily due to the file sizes of the photos. They are back online, although the gallery has moved. There are also a couple of "extras" on there that weren't there originally.

http://ctfc.fotopic.net/c1111876.html

Nomad - feel free to add the link to the report page now they are back online. Also the "third" official was Sam Jordan, a late replacement for John Barnett who called off Friday ill.
Peter B

DVD

Postby MITCHELL » Thu Oct 19 2006, 07:00

Just watched the DVD my kids took of the game only about six minutes worth with the camera but you see me taking lots of throw in's Deno's super skills down the wing Deno getting injured and one goal for Crawley. Great fun though! :lol:
MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United

Postby North Sussex Fan » Thu Oct 19 2006, 08:09

Nomad wrote:
North Sussex Fan wrote:

Thanks ... and thanks once again for Sunday. Hopefully you will be fit for our next game.

David

Sent a copy of the Observer and News articles to the Nomad PO Box address in the post today, not a great deal of coverage but more in the Observer than the News
North Sussex Fan

Postby Nomad » Thu Oct 19 2006, 08:26

North Sussex Fan wrote:
Nomad wrote:
North Sussex Fan wrote:

David

Sent a copy of the Observer and News articles to the Nomad PO Box address in the post today, not a great deal of coverage but more in the Observer than the News

Thanks, will check the Box this weekend
Nomad

Postby MITCHELL » Thu Oct 19 2006, 11:52

The Crawley Observer has 8 pictures the only one of us in is Deno getting tackled by Tony Vessey
MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United

Postby Nomad » Thu Oct 19 2006, 12:29

Bit disappointing that ... considering it was our idea in the first place. Oh well :roll:
Nomad

Postby NickW » Thu Oct 19 2006, 12:51

Pictures look good, looks like a good time was had 8) 2nd picture of the bloke on the mic looks a tad painful :lol:
NickW

Non League Club: Storrington
Pro Club: Burnley

Postby Peter B » Thu Oct 19 2006, 18:05

Nomad wrote:Bit disappointing that ... considering it was our idea in the first place. Oh well :roll:

To be fair if the game had been against Crawley Supporters and not ex-players it wouldn't have received the page coverage in the Observer that it did. It helps too that on the whole they've been very supportive of the trust.

I'll warn you David that they've quoted Oggy as calling you Mark, so don't be surprised when you read it.

I will add the my own thanks for sowing the seed for the idea of a game as a fundraiser, it was a good way to officially launch the trust.
Peter B

Postby Nomad » Thu Oct 19 2006, 18:33

Peter B wrote:
Nomad wrote:Bit disappointing that ... considering it was our idea in the first place. Oh well :roll:

To be fair if the game had been against Crawley Supporters and not ex-players it wouldn't have received the page coverage in the Observer that it did. It helps too that on the whole they've been very supportive of the trust.

I'll warn you David that they've quoted Oggy as calling you Mark, so don't be surprised when you read it.

I will add the my own thanks for sowing the seed for the idea of a game as a fundraiser, it was a good way to officially launch the trust.

It's OK, you're quite right of course. As long as the Nomad-Online site gets a mention. At the end of the day, my idea was that Sussex Non League would be seen to be supporting a fellow club in its hour (season) of need.
Nomad

Postby Nomad » Sat Oct 21 2006, 11:24

I am still waiting for Piotr Gawlik's pics but in the meantime have added the Crawley News report as a PDF file + a couple of pics of Simon & Dean in action, along with links to the Devils' Trust report and Peter Bellamy's pics.

Unfortunately, the Crawley Observer piece was too large to scan but many thanks to Martin Brown for sending them.
Nomad

Postby Nomad » Tue Oct 24 2006, 19:46

I have now added nine excellent pics by Piotr Gawlik (and asked for a high-res jpeg of the squad pic he took). The NLP report has also been added as a PDF.

View the whole lot at http://www.nomad-online.co.uk/html/noma ... s_tru.html

Apparently, the Bognor Supporters are looking for opposition and I have left a message on their Forum (would The Lash be available if they are interested?)
Nomad

Postby Geoff » Tue Oct 24 2006, 22:18

I'm sure I could make it available with a little gentle persuasion.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

PreviousNext

Return to Nomad Forum FC