When is The Next Game???

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

When is The Next Game???

Postby topash1985 » Tue Dec 12 2006, 23:06

I am interested to know when we have another fixture???

how about we play a game aginst some BHA legends have to be over 40s though,

as we got smashed by some so called CTFC legends that still play at conference level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
topash1985

Postby topash1985 » Thu Dec 14 2006, 23:09

no one interested then. :lol: :lol: :lol:
topash1985

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 14 2006, 23:18

You'll only tell us how crap the management are...

I believe sometime around March, possibly at Eastbourne Borough.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby The Tye » Thu Dec 14 2006, 23:33

In aide of the 15 year old EB Boro lad who collapsed on the pitch and unfotunately died, a very wothwhile cause, i recall Nomad saying he had almost certainly got something underway in the way of organisation for this at the last game, hopefully we can gt something sorted, as its for a very worthy cause!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby topash1985 » Fri Dec 15 2006, 11:57

cool, Will it be a Boroughs ground??? Maybe we could this time in advance get some T-Shirt of somesort and then we could all look representable. :lol: :lol: :lol:
topash1985

Postby crewealexfc » Thu Dec 28 2006, 23:44

definately, sounds good!
crewealexfc

Postby Nomad » Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:04

I have agreement in principle from the Chairman for a match at Priory Lane Stadium, probably on Sunday 25 March or the following weekend. Unfortunately, Borough have had so few home games recently (today is also probably off) that I haven't been able to sort out any firm details. However, now Christmas is out of the way and the time isn't far away, perhaps we can begin planning properly.

If it goes ahead, the game will probably be against a Langney Sports / Eastbourne Borough Legends side (don't worry I will ensure that first team players are not involved, except perhaps Darren Baker as a legitimate 'legend'). Former Reserve Team boss Tony Marshall has agreed to put a side together. Perhaps Shiner can play a half for each team!

All proceeds would go to the family of Josh Briggs, although the club has also been approached by someone wanting to play a game in aid of Multiple Sclerosis, so any money may be shared between the two.

However ...

If we are going to do this, it would be nice to sort out a new kit, and possibly tee-shirts / polo shirts for the occasion. Any offers of help would be appreciated as I am going to be pretty busy.
Nomad

• Website

Postby octopus » Sun Jan 07 2007, 22:00

Nomad wrote:
However ...

If we are going to do this, it would be nice to sort out a new kit, and possibly tee-shirts / polo shirts for the occasion. Any offers of help would be appreciated as I am going to be pretty busy.

how much will a kit cost also how long would it last for as a few of the players are on the large side
octopus
Site Mod

Pro Club: Tottenham Hotspur FC
Twitter Acct: @croftysfootypic
  • Website

Re: When is The Next Game???

Postby gonzo » Mon Jan 08 2007, 21:28

topash1985 wrote:I am interested to know when we have another fixture???

how about we play a game aginst some BHA legends have to be over 40s though,

as we got smashed by some so called CTFC legends that still play at conference level. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe it's time to pull in some 'ringers' of your own NOMAD! :lol: :lol:
What Cant Speak, Cant Lie!

gonzo
Site Mod

Postby MITCHELL » Tue Jan 23 2007, 08:13

Nomad wrote:However ...

I can get cost etc from our Club Shop sponsor Surrey soccer for kit or t.shirts etc. Also if you need help with programme etc may be able to help plus on the day dad can help
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Postby Nomad » Wed Jan 24 2007, 13:19

As you will see in one of the above threads, whether this game takes place really hinges on the agreement with Eastbourne Borough to host it. Until I get that confirmation I can't really get things rolling with regards sorting out some opponents for us.

Len Smith has agreed in principle but has to consult with the rest of the Committee. He is giving it priority but I have to say that given the condition of the Priory Lane pitch at the moment, and the possibility of a fixture backlog I am not too hopeful. We had to play the FA Trophy game at Hastings last night and with today's snow, Saturday's home game is already looking doubtful.

We cannot stage the game at the end of the season as the pitch is being dug up immediately the last ball is kicked ... which probably puts the mockers on the beginning of next season as well.

I haven't given up yet so watch this space.
Nomad

• Website

Postby Nomad » Sun Feb 11 2007, 10:43

Unfortunately, due to a number of reasons I have decided to postpone the fixture I was hoping to arrange for Priory Lane in March.

As you are probably aware, the Eastbourne Borough pitch has been subject to serious drainage problems over the past month or so, and indeed another home game was postponed yesterday. This is obviously leaving the club with a major fixture backlog to fulfil, not to mention Youth team games (I'm not even going to think about the Alliance: one match all season!).

The other problem is that due to unforeseen (and quite understandable) circumstances, the chap who was going to assemble an Eastbourne Legends side to play us, has also had to pull out ... at least for the time being.

These two combined mean that there simply isn't enough time to arrange anything now ... at least I personally haven't the time. However, if there is anyone out there ...

Apologies; it wasn't for want of trying. Fingers crossed we can sort something out for the summer ... although not at Priory Lane as the pitch is being dug up immediately the current season comes to a close.
Nomad

• Website

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC