Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Plan A and Plan B

[ Facebook comments]

Qualified coach with tips to pass on? Need help?

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Plan A and Plan B

Postby Tony Minoldo » Mon Mar 12 2007, 00:33

Geoff, thank you for your suggestion. Here I go with a new topic: planning the match.

As a manager, I find many teams at this level don't have Plan B. If you move things around a bit -change of formation, subs in, tactics in general- there is not answer from the opposition, they don't change anything, even after you equalised or change the score from 1-0 or 2-0 down to 1-2 or 2-3?

Do you think is lack of planning or something is missing when they read the game?

Tony Minoldo

• Website

Re: Plan A and Plan B

Postby slim shady » Mon Mar 12 2007, 21:59

Tony Minoldo wrote:Geoff, thank you for your suggestion. Here I go with a new topic: planning the match.

As a manager, I find many teams at this level don't have Plan B. If you move things around a bit -change of formation, subs in, tactics in general- there is not answer from the opposition, they don't change anything, even after you equalised or change the score from 1-0 or 2-0 down to 1-2 or 2-3?

Do you think is lack of planning or something is missing when they read the game?

I think there are a whole host of reasons why Managers dont have a plan B.

One is being able to work with your players on a regular basis to get across a plan A let alone a Plan B.

Then there are some who are so stuck in their ways they just don't want to change (the ostrich syndrome)...."If we just stick to what we know it will get better"

Then there are those who simply don't know how to change Plans

And lastly...there are players who just can't carry out the Managers / coaches instructions. As a certain person both you and I know says....

"Tell a good player once and he will carry it out 10 times......tell a bad player 10 times and he will carry it out once".
Audere est Facere
slim shady

Post a reply

Return to Coaching and Tips