Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

One for Brightons Geoff!

[ Facebook comments]

Brighton & Hove Albion, Crawley Town, etc.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

One for Brightons Geoff!

Postby Mike May » Mon Dec 17 2012, 19:15

See Poyet is always 'banging on' about finding another striker who can score goals, why i might ask was the reason for moving out Glen Murray to the Eagles where he is currently scoring goals for fun, can't remember the reason, probably money?

Crawley Town although punching above their weight are holding a 10th position in Div 1, whilst the Seagulls are currently 8th in the Championship, both doing well at the halfway stage. Promotion for either moreso the Seagulls if they can find the net.

Mackail - Smith scoring goals galore for the Posh, now seems to be barren, has Poyet got the right players around him to supply the ammunition?

PS. Crawley Down are in the same position - can't score goals either!
Mike May

Re: One for Brightons Geoff!

Postby Geoff » Tue Dec 18 2012, 13:54

Lots of claims and counter claims about why FFS Murray went to them up there. Anything you want to believe from Poyet not rating him as a Championship forward (to be fair he did prove he wasn't up to it last season), Poyet refusing to give him the salary rise he requested, Palace offering him double, etc. etc. etc... no definitive reason as yet, have to wait for an autobiography! Don't forget many of those he has 'banged in' have come from the penalty spot from Zaha's dives and his own ability to fall over extremely easily.

CMS is one off last seasons tally and is scoring averagely well for a centre forward. Our ability to put the ball in the back of the net is painfully frustrating. Most shots on goal and off target than any other side in the Championshiop and all for just 29 goals scored this season to date!

I don't think we'll go up this year, but that's not the saddest thing that could happen. Year 3 in the Championship may be the year Poyet setlles into a more seasoned manager and makes a few more bolder decisions. We shall see.

6th and play offs I'll be well happy, anywhere above 10th, progress made.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby numberm » Sun Mar 03 2013, 20:07

geoff seen a couple of brighton games online overhere [ hull ; last 25 mins cardiff away ] plus cup games on tv can thay stay 6th or go higher
numberm

Postby Geoff » Mon Mar 04 2013, 14:04

numberm wrote:geoff seen a couple of brighton games online overhere [ hull ; last 25 mins cardiff away ] plus cup games on tv can thay stay 6th or go higher

I think third is possible, but then again, so is tenth! Won't get to carried away by the 4-1 tonking of Huddersfield, because we are just as likely to lose away to Brizzle City tomorrow. In the mix for the play offs though, it is hotting up, are Leeds Utd, Nott'm Forest and Bolton, they are the form sides outside the top six, and whilst Middlesborough have had a dreadful 2013 they have started to pull it round. I'd say probably three of the current top six will be promoted/in the play offs and another three places may just well change before May comes around. And the form of our Spanish speaking contingent is pretty damned good right now. All to play for!
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Post a reply

Return to Pro Football