Angmering Football Club - RIP

[ Facebook comments]

West Sussex Football League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Re: Angmering Football Club - RIP

Postby Geoff » Wed Sep 12 2012, 06:58

I believe they were accepted into Worthing League Div 1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). This is an obvious 'fast track' back into intermediate football as opposed to restarting life back in WSFL Div 5.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby FancyaFryUp » Wed Sep 12 2012, 13:30

Spot on, under the name Angmering "Sunday"
Losing the 1st game 2-5 then winning 3-2 last week
None of Stuey Smiths team from a couple of seasons back were in that team on the days
"Eggs, bacon, beans, mushrooms, sausages, fried bread & a mineral water"

FancyaFryUp

Non League Club: GSK Sports FC
Twitter Acct: @mikemccaffreyuk

Postby Mur Fang » Sun Sep 23 2012, 19:47

Angmering Sunday are exactly that !! It is the Sunday Club that have entered a team on a Saturday to make use of the pitch at Decoy Drive

Back in the spring, I had looked into trying to get a committee together for AFC and had emailed both the WSFL and Worthing League to see about putting the club back together.

The WSFL told me that they would put it to their committee but the way we left the league they wouldn't entertain it unless we could guarantee that no-one from the previous regime was involved in the running of the club

The Worthing League wanted to know we had finances in place to get though the season in the bank before giving the green light

To be fair this was all irrelevant as a strong committee could not be formed anyway and I was not willing to try and re-start with a small 3-5 man committee as before.!!

When I knew it wasn't going to happen - the Sunday club said that they would field a side in the Worthing League - a lot of people related with AFC have bitched about it but surely it can only be a good thing to have an Angmering side playing in Angmering rather than the pitch being rented out to a out of town team as what was happening last season.

I wish Angmering Sunday good luck for the season and who knows where they may end up. It wouldn't surprise me over the next few years if a few familiar faces appear and play locally once again

Happy Golfing everyone !!

Murf
Mur Fang

Postby Geoff » Sun Sep 23 2012, 20:50

Mur Fang wrote:Angmering Sunday are exactly that !! It is the Sunday Club that have entered a team on a Saturday to make use of the pitch at Decoy Drive

Back in the spring, I had looked into trying to get a committee together for AFC and had emailed both the WSFL and Worthing League to see about putting the club back together.

The WSFL told me that they would put it to their committee but the way we left the league they wouldn't entertain it unless we could guarantee that no-one from the previous regime was involved in the running of the club

The Worthing League wanted to know we had finances in place to get though the season in the bank before giving the green light

To be fair this was all irrelevant as a strong committee could not be formed anyway and I was not willing to try and re-start with a small 3-5 man committee as before.!!

When I knew it wasn't going to happen - the Sunday club said that they would field a side in the Worthing League - a lot of people related with AFC have bitched about it but surely it can only be a good thing to have an Angmering side playing in Angmering rather than the pitch being rented out to a out of town team as what was happening last season.

I wish Angmering Sunday good luck for the season and who knows where they may end up. It wouldn't surprise me over the next few years if a few familiar faces appear and play locally once again

Happy Golfing everyone !!

Murf

I don't actually agree with a lot of that Murf me old mate. For a start it should be called Hanmore 'Littlehampton' Rovers because he always wanted to control the Saturday club and the cash cow that it was. You never spoke to me about reforming a Saturday club because I would have backed you 100% on the field and financially. Why didn't you speak to me? Angmering on a Saturday will never be Angmering FC until that cancer on the club leaves it be.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Previous

Post a reply

Return to West Sussex FL