Results 22/10

[ Facebook comments]

West Sussex Football League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Results 22/10

Postby kay weller » Sat Oct 22 2011, 22:16

Clymping 0 Sidlesham 2

I did not see much of the game today but I just have to say what a lovely bunch Sidlesham are!
I met a couple of fellow nomadians :D and they all came into the clubhouse for drinks and a sarny which is great to see.
Wish them all the best for the rest of the season and hopefully supercat will provide us with a match report soon!!!
kay weller

Re: Results 22/10

Postby SuperCat1 » Sun Oct 23 2011, 15:39

I would provide you with a match report but I still don't have my Internet at home and writing it on my iPhone will take way too long. All I say is sidlesham had quite a few chances they did not take and good ping goal keeping. Good to see the return of Henderson for ping who has been out with an ankle injury for 8 weeks. Ping need the reserves to turn up to training to play better as a team!

P.s the longest name made a good claim for the rep team with his performance 8)
SuperCat1

Postby ASC » Sun Oct 23 2011, 16:52

Crawley Down III 5-2 East Grinstead United

Not many positives to take from this game and one United need to forget quickly.

United went 1-0 down just before half time and deservedly so. A well timed substitution saw Andy Brady and Jon Miles come off the bench after an hour with immediate impact as United fought to a 2-1 lead with goals from both subs.

A catastrphic final 15 minutes saw United concede four goals, including two uncharacteristic errors from goalkeeper Adam Johnson.

United will need to regroup and certain players will have to re-prioritise their Friday nights/Saturday afternoon's if they want to compete at the right end of the table this season.

East Grinstead United Reserves 1-1 Burgess Hill Albion II

United Reserves still looking for their first win of the season as they approach November.

Goal from Andy Smith
http://www.egutd.co.uk
Like us on Facebook: East Grinstead Utd
Follow on Twitter @EGUFC
ASC

Postby Supeteddy » Sun Oct 23 2011, 18:56

Alfold 3-2 Ashington Rovers, WSFL Div 2 North.
0-0 at h/t and to be honest it was looking like one of those days golden chances came and went as we cut through Ashington at times.
The second half and we carried on from where we left the first half looking the most likely to get the break through which did eventually come along on around 55 mins, for some reason we dropped off a little to be fair Ashington gave it ago and equalized a corner is not dealt with and Ashington crash home. We spark into life once more and 1-1 is quickly 3-1, Ashington pull one back to create a somewhat un-necessary nervy end with a lovely cross and header.
Ft 3-2 and with news coming through of Pulborough losing for a second week on the bounce we move to the top of the league albeit with 15 league games still to go everyone involved is aware of the challenges ahead.
Hold on i'll just say my secret magic word...
Supeteddy

Postby TotalFootball » Mon Oct 24 2011, 07:50

Crawley Down III 5 - East Grinstead Utd 2

Crawley Down thoroughly deserved this win against a team that looked de-moralised and at times lost.

Not much to report in the 1st half with CD having more of the ball, yet not making any clear chances. Tuckey was causing problems down the left hand side as EGUTD struggled to contain him.

The second half exploded into life soon after the break when CD went 1 goal to the good as Morley skipped past a challenge on the edge of the box to fire home in off the post. It was a great strike from a player that is looking better and better each week.

Then a 15 minute period of madness from CD let EG back into the game firstly with a great control and volley from the edge of the box, then a neat finish from a tough angle. 1-2.

CD refused to accept this and after a quick fire Aldred double were back in control, the first going in off the head (nose) and the second an instinctive finish from 6 yards. 3-2

Captain Pete Benton then added the 4th with another close range finish after the keeper fumbled a soft cross. This was nothing more than Benton deserved with a high energy man of the match display.

There was still enough time for super-sub Jaufrey to score a 5th with another neat finish low into the bottom left hand corner.

A good performance from CD who controlled the game well and are now looking a really strong side (still with players yet to come in). Next up Lindfield in the league.
TotalFootball

Non League Club: Roffey FC
Twitter Acct: @RoffeyFC

Postby Dutch » Mon Oct 24 2011, 11:35

MID SUSSEX DIVISION 1

UCKFIELD TOWN II 1 THREE BRIDGES III 3

A disappointing result for Town, ending our unbeaten start to the campaign.

An even first half saw the visitors go in front as Town's midfield switched off from our own goal kick, the ball was swiftly returned over the top and Bridges' lively marksman latched onto it to round MOM 'keeper James Robinson to roll home.

Town deservedly equalised when Nick Hunnisett's inswinging corner caused mayhem for Bridges, with leading scorer Sean Ardley getting the final touch.

Bridges were the dominant side after the break, scoring twice when gifted opportunities, with 3-1 a fair result.

If they play this side every week, I find it hard to see a side who will stop them from winning the division. Having spoke with their subs, they said that were 7 players who had played for their front side this season in County 1 - we had one player who had played one county 3 game!!
Dutch

Postby Brooksie » Mon Oct 24 2011, 12:44

Mid Sussex League - Championship

Burgess Hill Albion 2-2 Polegate Town

After meeting only 3 weeks ago, and being on the end of a 5-0 thumping, we were keen to put in a better performance. Overall, a draw was a fair result. Burgess Hill had the better opening 15mins of both halves, but we had the better of the closing 15mins of both halves.

Albion took the lead through a fortuitous goal, when our new keeper Kristen Ursell under hit a pass straight to their striker who rolled the ball into the empty net with only 5mins gone. We hit back after a long throw by Louis Dixon glanced off the head of the home defender and found its way into the far corner of the goal.

2nd half, the home side were quicker out of the blocks, and hit us on the counter after intercepting a pass in midfield, and broke quickly, with their winger scoring neatly from a tight angle. We had some great chances to level, but it was from a Louis Dixon free kick with 5mins remaining that levelled things up again.

Keeper Ursell made up from his earlier error with a fine one-handed save late on.

Mid Sussex League - Division 5

Polegate Town II 1-2 Buxted II

Our 2nds put in a good performance vs top of the table Buxted, and were unlucky not to get anything out of the game.

Dave Martin scored Town's goal, although it did take a double deflection on its way through the net.

Town play their first Cup game of the season next we as they travel to Balcombe in the Somerville Challenge Cup.
http://www.polegatetownfc.co.uk

Blacklands Finance Cup winners 2010/11
Montgomery Cup runners-up 2011/12
Brooksie

Non League Club: Polegate Town
Pro Club: Manchester United
Twitter Acct: @PolegateTown

Postby greengrass » Mon Oct 24 2011, 13:43

Dutch wrote:MID SUSSEX DIVISION 1

UCKFIELD TOWN II 1 THREE BRIDGES III 3

If they play this side every week, I find it hard to see a side who will stop them from winning the division. Having spoke with their subs, they said that were 7 players who had played for their front side this season in County 1 - we had one player who had played one county 3 game!!

You bought this story hook line and sinker. There were 2 players who at some time this season, were involved with the 1st team.
greengrass

Postby Get Em Done » Wed Oct 26 2011, 20:44

i hear Tom Pyle was in the rep squad due to his recent form and weight loss? :wink:
Get Em Done

Postby Get Em Done » Wed Oct 26 2011, 20:44

Phoenix 5 Hassocks III 5

Well where do I start, the first 15 minutes and it looked a double figure victory for a Phoenix side looking to go to top of the league for the first time in the clubs 30 year history. Playing simple football, that the visitors could not cope with, and taking the lead through Familton on 12 minutes. Then phoenix committed football suicide, thinking the opposition were beneath them and thus lacking respect for the visiting team. Familton netted again but not before Hassocks twice robbed the Phoenix defence who clearly over played and under estimated the opposition.

Second half saw the harsh words of first team manager Alan candlish taking heed, as the home side went 4-2 up and again looked like putting Hassocks to the sword, but again Phoenix arrogance robbed them of an emphatic victory as Hassocks went 5-4 ahead, only for Alex Levan to and a 5th for Phoenix in the last minute.

A real lesson in football, always respect your opposition. We got a point but deserved nothing-simple. Well done Hassocks for sticking together when many would have crumbled. Hope to see you guys next season or in a cup.
Get Em Done

Postby Brook F.C. » Thu Oct 27 2011, 06:49

Mid Sussex Senior Charity Cup R1

Old Vardeanians 1 Jarvis Brook 2

The Brook recorded their first ever win on the 3G pitch at Brighton. Goals from Sinclair and Turner put us into the second round. The victory was hard fought as is any against Old V's, three quality saves from Rob Gordon =D> , and a man of the match performance from Toby Chapman helped keep the prolific Waterman of the scoresheet.
I'm sure that pitch gets bigger every time we go down there!

Back to league action this weekend at home to Cuckfield, hoping to put a stop to a run of three successful 1-0 home defeats [-o<
Brook F.C.

Return to West Sussex FL