Find us on facebook

Ridiculous or not ??

[ Facebook comments]

West Sussex Football League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Re: Ridiculous or not ??

Postby stringz » Mon Nov 21 2011, 13:04

When clubs or teams enter a league, cup whatever there are various fees etc to be paid and so on, pitches to be paid for, refs fees, washing kit, all things that a lot of players don't see or take for granted (not a dig by the way just an observation). But the whichever league that you play in cannot discriminate between well run clubs and clubs made up by mates. Without being prejudice how many Sunday teams have folded this year? How many have owed money? The league don't know this and as much 'due diligence' that they show cannot legislate for it. As far as club officials are concerned they are a prerequisite and it could be a bunch of guys who play! This is not a pop on the whys or where-fors but try to look at the wider picture and how difficult it can be for the leagues who after all are administering things for your benefit and enjoyment (again not a dig but an observation).
stringz

Postby tommymac » Mon Nov 21 2011, 13:17

To be honest I am only aware of this becuase of situations like this. And in my experience of football I have seen this happen on many occasions.
I think that clubs should make this clearer to players or maybe make the fines clearer.
Should there be an outstanding fine for a booking why should that be apportioned over the whole team? The fine for dropping out of the league should be apportioned over the team as it is their responsibility for not playing which is the reason why teams fold.
tommymac

Postby The Tye » Mon Nov 21 2011, 13:34

tommymac wrote:To be honest I am only aware of this becuase of situations like this. And in my experience of football I have seen this happen on many occasions.
I think that clubs should make this clearer to players or maybe make the fines clearer.
Should there be an outstanding fine for a booking why should that be apportioned over the whole team? The fine for dropping out of the league should be apportioned over the team as it is their responsibility for not playing which is the reason why teams fold.

I am not privy to each leagues registration form so its difficult to give an accurate response, but if other leagues registration forms are similar to my sunday leagues then its on the form they are signing, do players (and people in general) not check what they are signing these days?

Outstanding fines for individual player discipline remain with the player and do not get pro rata shared to all the players.
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby bilbo » Tue Nov 22 2011, 16:57

I have also received one of these letters and was pretty surprised to say the least, I signed for Angmering this year as the manager at the time is a good mate of mine and I said I would play if he was ever short and I wasn't playing for my usual team, for whatever reason (and tbh I don't care what that is) the team was folded so that was the end of it......Until this!!

I will pay the £10 as its not worth the effort of disputing and i'm pretty sure my team would be pretty ticked off if I was unavailible due to this nonsense but something needs to be looked at because what if the fiines/money owed by the club are a lot higher and the amount of players signed are lower? Players in my position could be looking at paying out big amounts of money for something which is completely out of there hands and in no way there fault!!
bilbo

Previous

Return to West Sussex FL