Find us on facebook

Angmering FC

[ Facebook comments]

West Sussex Football League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Angmering FC

Postby jonnymc » Fri Jun 23 2006, 10:52

As all of you know Murph our 1st team manger has recently left AFC and joined East Preston FC to manage the EP Reserve's. Naturally we would like to thank him for all his hard work over many years not just as a Manager but also as a player and all the best for the future.

On Monday of this week I was offered and accepted the position of 1st team manager at AFC. I am writing post not to brag or yell it from the roof tops but to simply clarify our position and to confirm that it is business as usual at the club. Steve Oakley takes over the Reserves and we a optomistic that we will still have a 3rd team next season.

We face or rather I face a challenging season ahead but I am confident that we can re group in the short term and build upon last years success in the years to come.

Cheers

Jon
jonnymc

Postby Rusty G » Fri Jun 23 2006, 11:04

Jon,

I know that we have spoken already, but all the best to you in your new role, you deserve your chance and I hope you can continue the good work that Murph started at the club, who knows, but I really hope Angmering can keep progressing and eventually acheive the County status they deserve. They certainly have a good man at the helm.

I will monitor your progress with interest.

Gareth.
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby lash » Fri Jun 23 2006, 11:07

Jon, Yes if I may add my own congratualations to those of Rusty G, I am certain you will relish the chance and Good luck for the coming season.
Slightly biased, but always honest!! ( These are my views not those of EPFC). Les Chapman
lash

Postby spacey » Fri Jun 23 2006, 12:13

Thought I would also add congratualations.

Hopefully you have picked up some good techniques of the departing manager and other previous managers plus have your own way of doing things and will continue to take the club upwards and onwards.
Pre-season is about bullshi!tters, backstabbers and finding out who you can trust!
spacey

Postby jonnymc » Fri Jun 23 2006, 12:13

Thanks guys really appreciate you good wishes.

Murph won't mind me saying this but the building of any successful club start at the bottom not the top down we have lost our general not KIO more like AWOL ha ha :lol: I feel like Sharpe risen through the ranks not quickly though now I have to rally my chosen men. Can't wait for the DVD and mini series.

Interesting week offered and accepted on a Monday 2nd job offer on the Tues v tempting but staying at the Drive.

:wink:
jonnymc

Postby The Tye » Fri Jun 23 2006, 12:28

You fancy revealing who the second offer was? youve wet everyones appetite with that teaser!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby jonnymc » Fri Jun 23 2006, 12:58

Sorry that was KIA not KIO and not KIA as in the car - odd mood need a beer.

Sunday League Breeze Block Utd ha ha can't really out of respect now where have I heard that from !

You will have to listen carefully to the jungle drums - don't spread gossip or rumours do I Rusty?
jonnymc

Postby Rusty G » Fri Jun 23 2006, 13:24

No he doesnt.

But it was Arundel Reserves :wink:
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby jonnymc » Fri Jun 23 2006, 13:41

Is that the rumour then? Mind you there is a vacancy after Trevor's U turn.

Fantastic opportunity for someone.
jonnymc

Postby predator » Mon Jun 26 2006, 13:19

Jon
congrats from all at this club and especially mine.
we go back to our days in the youth leagues, and then through the leagues as we progressed. and have known you to be a very good manager I am very pleased for you. I don't think you will have too much problems taking over im sure the players will respect the work you have done in the past and will continue to do.

Perhaps I will see you next season in our annual cup game!

and as for the rumour, I guess a reserve team manger needs a worthy assistant to ?
"THE PRICE OF SUCCESS IS HARD WORK, DEDICATION AND THE DETERMINATION"
predator

Return to West Sussex FL