Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Predators :- Just to stop the conjecture

[ Facebook comments]

West Sussex Football League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Postby Rusty G » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:17

predator wrote:What have you got against us? Are you saying we broke the rules? Are you saying you have never broken the rules? Do you want 3 points from the reserves?
Im sure Rusty, you have reported all this in length to all the ruling bodies in your quest.

Go to admit this made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have lost sleep over Predators reserve side :roll: :roll:

Reporting to the ruling bodies :cry:

see you in a few weeks :D
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby predator » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:20

Well now you have had your dig, and i have had mine, lets hope the matter is now over with! i have to get some sleep!! ':wink:
Wink
"THE PRICE OF SUCCESS IS HARD WORK, DEDICATION AND THE DETERMINATION"
predator

Postby Rusty G » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:26

Was never a matter to start with Predator ??

Best of luck for the rest of the season :wink:
Rusty G

Postby predator » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:29

ok mate... and we need it !!
predator

Postby Fingers » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:30

Predator - On a serious note - you should have gone to YMCA - excellent changing rooms, pitch, clubhouse - you boys missed out there.

Understand your comments re the ressies players. Dont understand or agree with your clubs decision to scrapping a game but then I guess you already know that. :lol:
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

Postby predator » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:40

Fingers - I don’t disagree with you, we did not take the decision lightly I can tell you, and I hope the situation will never arise again. But we had no real choice. What I have taken exception to is that fact people have been saying all sorts of stuff since. I do hope now, that everybody will take note that there is no division within the club, we pride ourselves on being a club and not 4 teams. And that no first team players then played in a league game. That Fingers would have been bang out of order, totally wrong, in fact cheating. We do have some ethics.
predator

Postby Fingers » Thu Nov 09 2006, 15:47

No worries Predator - I can see my question lead other people to comment on other things, apoligies for that. I didnt know anything about those rumours as I dont live in your area and I can see why you needed to comment and quash those rumour. Like ive already said.

Good luck for the rest of the season
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

Postby Rusty G » Thu Nov 09 2006, 16:05

Predator,

Changing the subject.... has the club ambitions to progress, I see back to back promotions the last few seasons, is the SCFL the ultimate goal, and if so what would be required ??
Rusty G

Postby predator » Thu Nov 09 2006, 16:25

Rusty - a ground in a nutshell.
At the moment we have 4 adult teams and 17 youth teams which include 3 girls teams, a fourth for sure next season, maybe a fifth. Talk of women’s football. And when fully fit enough adult players for 5 teams. So we really are a county set up waiting to happen, I believe, im sure many will disagree.
Our 4th team will be used solely for the youth players coming into adult football and will play there for a whole season to start.

We have been talking to the council for about 3 years, begged landowners and done everything we can to get some where to call home. We are still talking to the council and are very hopeful.

Our full aim for the future is to offer kids a chance to join at 5 and leave when ever they want, to give girls the same opportunity by getting women’s football off the ground, and we are working hard to offering football for the disabled. Just no where to go. As a club we want to be able to progress as far as we can. When we started Adult football back in 2001 we had a plan to be in the premier in 5 years, which we did. We then gave it two years to get into county 3, the way things are that could be another year !! and then start to look beyond county 1. it all comes down to facilities I think. I know many people will say we have ideas beyond us, but they said that when I said we will be in the premier league in five years, doing it the hard way from div 5.
predator

Postby Rusty G » Thu Nov 09 2006, 16:34

How about a merger with a local club that could possibly offer you the facilities to progress ??

A hard one I know as every club wants individuality, but surely there must be some clubs in the Bognor / Chichester area with a ground suitable for development and progresion to County league standard ??
Rusty G

Postby predator » Thu Nov 09 2006, 16:45

If there is I don’t know. I spoke to Pagham a few years ago, well in 2000, about bringing our youth side over, (never had adults then) they did not want to know at all. Clymping are going to try and go county anyway. Barnham are going to develop Aldingbourne. I really can’t think off the top of my head any club that has a place we could develop between us. I even put something to Oving parish council about keeping football there when Oving packed up. Were were going to re-build it from top to bottom. They were not interested because the amount of kids vandalism there, what that had to do with football they could not answer me, more open to housing, but that’s another story. If there is anybody that would like to do such a merger we would sit around a table with them for sure. But to be honest Rusty is there anybody that will match out ambition. It might sound like hard work so some people.
predator

Postby Tim H » Thu Nov 09 2006, 19:00

predator wrote:we pulled out of the game because it was in the best interest of our club, noting sinister at all.

I'm with you on this. A few years ago I was managing a 2nd team and we had a Junior Cup game and we would have got battered. We had started the season badly and a heavy defeat would I'm sure seen a few players off. However it was fairly early in the season and none of the first team had played enough intermediate games to be ineligable so the whole first team played and won. The other team were livid but we withdrew, they were reinstated and went on to win it! I do think though that this certainly did our own club more good than if we would have played the game. We knew that everyone else would be royally pi$$ed off but it was best for us.
Tim H

Postby crewealexfc » Sat Nov 11 2006, 21:27

Fingers wrote:
Tim H wrote:
Unless it's Horsham YMCA reserves. :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

:D :D :D

very funny!
crewealexfc

Previous