Worthing Wanderers

[ Facebook comments]

Worthing & District League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Worthing Wanderers

Postby Pegasus » Wed Jun 27 2007, 08:37

I heard a while back Worthing Wanderers were looking to move from the Worthing League across to the West Sussex League with a view to going straight into Div 1 or the Premier League.

Have there been any more developments on this? Whats the story??

Also has this ever happened before with clubs from another league transferring into the West Sussex and not starting at the bottom??
Crawley Down Gatwick FC
@piggycoops
Pegasus

Twitter Acct: @piggycoops

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 27 2007, 08:53

Will be very suprised if this happens pegasus.

Played for a team a 2/3 years back that approached the west sussex league about entering a team straight into div 1/2. Got rejected without consideration! Apparently there arent any exceptions for anyone!
Mystery

Postby Reserve Gaffer » Wed Jun 27 2007, 13:13

I'm pretty sure that the MSFL has accepted teams transferring from other leagues at whatever the League feel is the appropriate level for their ability. Didn't Willingdon Athletic transfer from the ESFL a few seasons back in this fashion? I'm pretty sure that there have been others, but names escape me, so maybe others can chip in as to whether I'm right.

In my opinion, not much point putting a team that is of a considerably higher quality into the lowest division just for the sake of it if they're going to end up tonking the other teams every week & it will take several seasons for them to rise to their right level. League re-orgs, with teams dropping out or being voluntarily relegated usually leave room for the odd new admission.
Reserve Gaffer

• Website

Re: Worthing Wanderers

Postby spacey » Wed Jun 27 2007, 13:36

Pegasus wrote:I heard a while back Worthing Wanderers were looking to move from the Worthing League across to the West Sussex League with a view to going straight into Div 1 or the Premier League.

Have there been any more developments on this? Whats the story??

Also has this ever happened before with clubs from another league transferring into the West Sussex and not starting at the bottom??

Similar thing happened recently with TD Sports (then renamed TD Shipley) moving from the Crawley League to the WSFL about five years ago, they started out in WSFL Division One, however they also had a reserve team who started lower down the leagues.
Pre-season is about bullshi!tters, backstabbers and finding out who you can trust!
spacey

Postby Pegasus » Wed Jun 27 2007, 14:02

Be interested to hear from someone at Worthing Wands to hear if they are or hoping to make the switch??
Crawley Down Gatwick FC
@piggycoops
Pegasus

Postby The Tye » Wed Jun 27 2007, 14:22

Pegasus wrote:Be interested to hear from someone at Worthing Wands to hear if they are or hoping to make the switch??
no news on their website, which has them down to compete in worthing league next season! and their website is updated every hours jusging by the amount of news on there!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby The Horse » Wed Jun 27 2007, 14:43

Wanderers were looking into going into the WSFL about 2 seasons ago but at the time had problems as they had an issue with a discipline problem hanging over them from a couple of seasons before.

They are staying in WFL for forseeable but the plan was at some stage to move to the more competetive WSFL as Worthing League is not the greatest standard and they have won everything they could in it.
The Horse

Postby Pegasus » Wed Jun 27 2007, 14:44

Question answered! Cheers fella.
Crawley Down Gatwick FC
@piggycoops
Pegasus

Post a reply

Return to Worthing & District