gleblelands trophy 2010

[ Facebook comments]

Worthing & District League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

gleblelands trophy 2010

Postby ferring fc » Mon Jul 12 2010, 16:07

the gleblelanbs trophy begins on saturday 17 th. group a. ajax la. ferring res. newtown villa res.lancing utd . group b. del boy utd. eastpreston res. ferring sabbath, goring rangers saturdays. group c. angmering 1st, clymping res, gsk 1st, real rustington. andy.g. ferring fc
ferring fc

Re: gleblelands trophy 2010

Postby RedSmithy » Tue Jul 13 2010, 09:09

Saturday 17th July

Angmering v Clymping Reserves, 3:15 k/o
(an early WSFL Premier Division fixture dress rehearsal)

Glebelands Tournament, Group C @ Ferring Football Club
www.webteams.co.uk/angmeringfootballclub

RedSmithy

• Website

Postby RedSmithy » Sat Jul 17 2010, 23:05

RedSmithy wrote:Saturday 17th July

Angmering v Clymping Reserves, 3:15 k/o
(an early WSFL Premier Division fixture dress rehearsal)

Angmering 1 Clymping Reserves 0 - (Swain 10 min, pen)

AFC; McCarthy, Ericson, Sell, Hodder (capt), Atterwell, Sayers, Rowland, Swain, Finch, Azimi, Beaumont ; Thompson, Cobby, Thornhill.

RedSmithy

• Website

Postby hollywoodbeanzy » Sun Jul 18 2010, 08:54

Decent win for Angmering against Clymping reserves who had some good results last year in the West Sussex Prem.

Tipping Angmering for big things this season.
hollywoodbeanzy

Non League Club: Nowhere at the moment.....

Postby Geoff » Sun Jul 18 2010, 14:16

Also no Stan Elder and Danny Cooper... any reason for that?
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby DJCarlos » Sun Jul 18 2010, 14:35

Stan and Danny are on holliday in the new forest bearing in mind it is still July.
Its not about winning or losing, its about how drunk you get (Homer Simpson)
DJCarlos

Postby WSFL fan » Tue Jul 20 2010, 21:39

hollywoodbeanzy wrote:Decent win for Angmering against Clymping reserves who had some good results last year in the West Sussex Prem.

Tipping Angmering for big things this season.

Biggest thing for Angmering this season will be runners up at the best as Newtown will walk the league again this season. Saw them out play Storrington 1st team (who included Tim Martin from Cowfold) on Saturday and they are only going to get stronger

Angmering will be strong but if they are building their title hopes on signing average players then they won't challenge Newtown :lol: I tip them for a good cup run and maybe a final in the VWW or Intermediate cup.

Biggest problems that I can see are for Lancing United. From what I can gather their 1st XI manager has gone to Storrington reserves and 3/4 of the team have followed Saw the 1st half of their game Saturday against Rustington reserves and I recognised half the team from watching Lancing United last season. The manager must have some good pulling power as the reserve west league is poor compared to WSFL Prem, but the players will obviously be loyal to their manager.

Last years captain of Lancing United, Glen Souter seems to now be in charge and he appears to be struggling to get players in if you read their website. As the old saying goes, "good players dont make good managers" and I reckon Glen may well struggle this season. Will be a shame if he does as he is a good lad and a great player as well. Just hope he gets some backing from the club and some of the players as I enjoyed watching Lancing last season.

Perhaps that is why Stuart Smith is a good manager as he was a mediocre player and I can't remember Uniteds old manager ever playing any sort of standard

Could be an interesting time this season in the WSFL but IMO it will be the same story as last year with Newtown strolling it with their pipe and slippers on. I even back them to win County 3 the season after as well
WSFL fan

Postby cousin » Wed Jul 21 2010, 20:10

couple of points wsfl fan, lancing united will be ok for the new season we have had a few set backs in the closed season but i am sure Glenn will come good because if you ask anyone that knows about football Glenn knows his stuff.. lets not forget that most of the first team from last season have left so Glenn is working with what he has got and is bustting a gut trying to get new players in that will cope with the standard of the west sussex league as for the old manager(beanzy) he played in the west sussex league prem as a 16 year old when i was the manager @ lancing united and did a half decent job.
one thing that i do agree with is that newtown WILL win the league again because they are a class act
cousin

Postby hollywoodbeanzy » Wed Jul 21 2010, 20:33

Cheers Cousin - I could see my feet when I was 16! Not to mention a season at Sompting and some appearances at Worthing utd in their reserve side.

Good luck to all for the up & coming season - yes Newtown will be decent again.

Billingshurst will surely improve further too.
hollywoodbeanzy

Non League Club: Nowhere at the moment.....

Postby RedSmithy » Sun Jul 25 2010, 21:21

Tuesday 27th July

Angmering v GSK Sports, 6:30 k/o

Group C decider but both teams likely to progress unless the unlikely event of a big scoreline. Winners will play Ferring Reserves (on Thursday) in semi-final and runners up would face East Preston Reserves (on Friday).

RedSmithy

• Website

Postby RedSmithy » Wed Jul 28 2010, 23:04

RedSmithy wrote:Tuesday 27th July

Angmering v GSK Sports, 6:30 k/o

Group C decider but both teams likely to progress unless the unlikely event of a big scoreline. Winners will play Ferring Reserves (on Thursday) in semi-final and runners up would face East Preston Reserves (on Friday).

Angmering 4 GSK Sports 1 - (Thornhill 5, 35, M.Hendrick 19, Sayers 43)

The 'Reds' win Group C of the Glebelands trophy to set up a semi-final against hosts Ferring Reserves on Thursday. Goalkeeper Jonathan Hendrick has broken a bone in his hand meaning AFC were again grateful to Andy McCarthy for standing in for him!

AFC; McCarthy, Maymon, Sell, Hodder (c), Thompson, Cobby, Cooper, Barnard, Thornhill, Elder, M.Hendrick SUBS Atterwell, Beaumont, Finch, J.Hendrick, Sayers and Swain.

RedSmithy

• Website

Postby RedSmithy » Wed Jul 28 2010, 23:09

Thursday 29th July

Angmering v Ferring Reserves, 6:30 k/o
Glebelands Tournament, Semi-Final @ Ferring Football Club

Winners will play East Preston Reserves or GSK Sports (on Sunday) in Final with other semi-final to be played on Friday evening.

RedSmithy

• Website

Postby Mystery » Fri Jul 30 2010, 08:11

Glebelands semi final

Ferring Res 1 - 6 Angmering

Goals from Beaumont, Finch and 4 from GK J.Hendrick who came on as a second half sub, including a perfect hat-trick!

Final on sunday where we play the winners of GSK or East preston Res.
Mystery

Postby RedSmithy » Tue Aug 03 2010, 15:19

Glebelands Trophy, Final

Angmering 2 (Sell and J.Hendrick), GSK Sports 0.

AFC; McCarthy, Atterwell, Sell, Hodder (c), Barnard, Sayers, Cooper, Swain, J.Hendrick, Elder, Thornhill SUBS Ericson and Thompson.

Other 20-man squad; Azimi, Beaumont, Cobby, Finch, Maymon, M.Hendrick and Rowland.

Angmering face Rustington Reserves next on Thursday 5th August at Decoy Drive, 6:30k/o, as they look to continue their pre-season preparations.

RedSmithy

• Website

Post a reply

Return to Worthing & District