England v Germany

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2010 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

England v Germany

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 23 2010, 23:53

Mouth watering or what? I know we had a rabbit in the headlamps last 30 mins against Slovenia but who would bet against the English doing the auld enemy in 90 mins?
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Re: England v Germany

Postby Rabbits XI » Sat Jun 26 2010, 22:38

Its knockout football, its all or nothing... I believe England can beat anyone! I believe that on their day with the right tactics, application and the needed bit of luck that everyone needs to win a tournament I can see us ditching the Germans 2-0, sneaking past the Argentines 2-1 (although possible upset tomorrow? Come on Mexico!)... In the Semi's it would be penalties against Spain but I think that the practice will pay off and it will be our time!

It doesnt matter who we play in the Final... COME ON ENGLAND!
Rabbits XI

Postby Owl » Sat Jun 26 2010, 23:20

come on England!!!
http://www.boshamfc.co.uk

Owl

Non League Club: Bosham
Pro Club: Sheffield Wednesday
Twitter Acct: @blanshb

Postby stringz » Sun Jun 27 2010, 16:04

Abject, dismal, pathetic, embarrasing, clueless, overpaid prima donnas who are big fish in a small pond (premier league) but just little sticklebacks swimming with sharks when it matters. Bin em' all and start again
stringz

Postby michael » Sun Jun 27 2010, 16:48

stringz wrote:Abject, dismal, pathetic, embarrasing, clueless, overpaid prima donnas who are big fish in a small pond (premier league) but just little sticklebacks swimming with sharks when it matters. Bin em' all and start again

Come on ,dont hold back , say what you mean ,dont beat about the bush, just be up front and honest ! :oops:
michael

Postby davidhammers » Sun Jun 27 2010, 16:49

Agree with Stringz. They don't seem to care as much for England as their clubs sides. Where was Rooney for the last 4 matches?
www.webteams.co.uk/lewesbridgeview

davidhammers

Postby fanbase » Sun Jun 27 2010, 17:05

stringz wrote:Abject, dismal, pathetic, embarrasing, clueless, overpaid prima donnas who are big fish in a small pond (premier league) but just little sticklebacks swimming with sharks when it matters. Bin em' all and start again

The same could be said of the officials. Supposedly the best in the world, but could not see the ball a foot over the line. Too busy giving cards for minor infrigements. Bin em all and start again.!!
"It is better to risk sparing a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.” Voltaire

fanbase

Postby stringz » Sun Jun 27 2010, 17:07

michael wrote:

Come on ,dont hold back , say what you mean ,dont beat about the bush, just be up front and honest ! :oops:

I was being polite I don't know enough expletives to cover it
stringz

Postby Shiner » Sun Jun 27 2010, 18:10

fanbase wrote:

The same could be said of the officials. Supposedly the best in the world, but could not see the ball a foot over the line. Too busy giving cards for minor infrigements. Bin em all and start again.!!

Trust someone from St Francis to blame the officials........lol....i bet they dont see the irony!!! :lol: :lol:

Personally im actually very happy with todays result. a) I have money on Germany to win it and b) all of you blinded by patriotism and The Sun propaganda might actually wake up and smell the coffee. Our game is a million light years behind the best in the world and we are possibly the most arrogant and ill educated nation in Europe for somehow considering that simply because we are english, we have a right to turn up to these tournaments and be amongst the best there! We have the best league in the world, correct. But 80% of its best players are foreign, taking the money that should be invested in our kids. Oh and one more thing.....i dont care if our manager is foreign or not, but every job has a pre requisite and this ones is to be able to speak the f ing language!! To take a post match interview after that with an interpreter is an f ing disgrace! He earns £6m a year and has 5/6 matches...use the f ing time to take english lessons you c0ck!
http://1sttouchfootballacademy.co.uk
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Postby stringz » Sun Jun 27 2010, 19:27

fanbase wrote:

I think you will find that it was at least a metre. But yeah they should see that. But the big screen is devisive and does not help either bring the technology in or bin the screens the officials job is hard enough as it is.

Anyhow any bets on an English team being at the final?
stringz

Postby michael » Mon Jun 28 2010, 07:50

stringz wrote:
fanbase wrote:

I think you will find that it was at least a metre. But yeah they should see that. But the big screen is devisive and does not help either bring the technology in or bin the screens the officials job is hard enough as it is.

Anyhow any bets on an English team being at the final?

They were probably the only three happy men [english that is] in south africa.
michael

Postby watson » Mon Jun 28 2010, 09:03

I,m feeling a bit empty this morning, i thought the game was brilliant for Germans and it showed a large gap in class, pace and the quality of the English team.

My personal opinion is that all members of the FA committee the manager and coaches with most of the players are suffering from Narcissism, a trait of excessive self-love based on self-image or ego which in turns into elitism which is for those who do not know is a complete indifference to the plight of others. (Anybody recognise themselves?) No you problably wouldn,t.

Very disgusted with all the players accept the ones that didn,t feature but i expect they will be firing on all cylinders when the premiership stars, typical.

As for the managers job, let John Terry have it, hes finished as a world class defender.
watson

Postby Sidney » Mon Jun 28 2010, 09:19

Rabbits XI wrote:Its knockout football, its all or nothing... I believe England can beat anyone! I believe that on their day with the right tactics, application and the needed bit of luck that everyone needs to win a tournament I can see us ditching the Germans 2-0, sneaking past the Argentines 2-1 (although possible upset tomorrow? Come on Mexico!)... In the Semi's it would be penalties against Spain but I think that the practice will pay off and it will be our time!

It doesnt matter who we play in the Final... COME ON ENGLAND!

Unfortunately we lacked all three of your key points. :oops:
Men's best successes come after their disappointments.

Sidney

Postby Shiner » Mon Jun 28 2010, 09:29

watson wrote:As for the managers job, let John Terry have it, hes finished as a world class defender.

I agree with most of what you said but this part is also part of the problem......When was John Terry EVER a world class defender? Thats half our problem....a misconceived idea of what is actually good and bad.....

Terry is an old fashioned, roll up your sleeves, shout come on and get stuck in type defender.....nothing wrong with that and there is a place for the best of those types.....but its not in the latter stages of any world stage....

The best defenders....the world class ones, have pace, skill, guile and class. Most of them could go and play in any other position and still be comfortable on the ball......unfortunately we breed the JT type of player because too many people see effort and attitude as a suitable substitute for any shortfall in ability...we activley encourage these attributes whilst often losing patience or faith and have little understanding of the others. In truth the best players in the world have all these attributes.......as well as being strong and physical!

I like Harry Redknapp and like most of his ideas but his h/t comments told me all i needed to know about our game....when asked what he'd change he said nothing for 10-15 mins and then if it was still 2-1 he'd "chuck on the big fella (Crouch) to see if he could mix it up a bit".

There we have supposedly one of our finer footballing minds.......

I wonder if the Spanish, Argies, Brazilians, Urugauyans or Portuguese even have a 'big fella' in the squad? Let alone use him each time they lose a little patience with passing and movement........
http://1sttouchfootballacademy.co.uk
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Postby watson » Mon Jun 28 2010, 14:39

John Terry only sprang to my mind I was thinking along the lines of a person who put some blood and guts into his game with a lot of heart and willing to put his life along the line as did pastmaster defenders like Franco Baressi and Fabio Cannavaro did for thier clubs and country and they were not to shabby were they? Although they are not managers are they?
I think you might agree with the idea of a hard man your team is not always a detriment to the side, i,m not sure who you are but, i dont suppose you won anything without having at least one or maybe two in your team.
I haven,t got all the answers, i,m just bloody annoyed that the FA haven,t either.
watson

Next

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2010