Find us on facebook

Gone sour at Plough Road

[ Facebook comments]

Mid Sussex Football League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Gone sour at Plough Road

Postby Mike May » Wed Apr 19 2017, 22:42

For the second time in two days, Smallfield FC lost to a team in green, first it was Monday losing 4-0 against Rotherfield, tonight it was slightly better losing only 4-1 against Forest Row.

Its been a rough season for Smallfield as word of mouth mentions that their is disquiet in the camp, with players playing out of position, example being leading scorer Pearson now being used as a centreback, also players not knowing what their job is once on the field of play, players coming and going, dissent reigns supreme by all accounts, so different from years ago when promotions and cup finals were the norm, not unknown of course these days when movement of players are quite common place.

Tonights Forest Row game was quite an eye opener ( even after the first goal scored inside a minute ) for two Forest players who together could be named the 'Little and Large of the side, one i would say under 5ft very tricky on the wing whom i could have sworn twice went thro the legs of the Smallfields 6 ft'ers, the other the goalkeeper was very much of a similar size but around the girth, rather reminiscent of Bill Shankley's words to the gathered reporters on introducing new signing Ron Yeats, 'let me show you round our new defender'

Smallfield also have their own 'man mountain' in their own keeper Zak Rice who regularily was able to pump the ball upfield to his opposite number, they certainly build these keepers large these days, Rice himself was instrumental in Smallfields goal, blasting the ball at the nervous defenders, as a penalty was given as a player held his arm up to save himself from being poleaxed!
Mike May

Return to Mid Sussex FL