Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Selsey FC Appoint a new 1st Team Manager

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Selsey FC Appoint a new 1st Team Manager

Postby David Lee » Fri May 04 2018, 09:57

Thursday 3rd May 2018

Selsey FC act fast to secure the Services of Daren Pearce as their new Football Manager for the forthcoming season.

It has all happened very quickly at Selsey FC today as they announce a new Football Manager. Their current Manager, Steve Bailey, resigned from his position today after a full and frank discussion with Chairman David Lee yesterday evening. Steve explained the reason for his resignation was that, he and the Chairman, were no longer in agreement over the future of the team. He has therefore stepped down as Manager and will no longer be involved with the Club.

The Chairman has accepted his resignation and he has said that he would like it to be put on record that the Club are appreciative of Steve’s hard work and efforts during his time as Manager. However, between Stephen and himself, it was obvious there was a different view on how the Club should be taken forward. Lee said “Steve has been in charge for four and a half years and unfortunately it would appear that he cannot take the Club forward in the way that we would like. He has tendered his resignation, which has been accepted, and I wish him well for the future”.

In an effort to keep the disruption to a minimum, Lee was quick to make contact with Daren Pearce, after he had resigned as Manager of Sidlesham earlier in the week. Pearce is an ex-player at Selsey FC, who is highly respected at the Club. Lee was keen to get his man and spoke with him this afternoon, in an effort to persuade him to take on the reins at the Club. The Chairman was aware that Daren would be much sought after, and he did not want to waste any time in securing his services. “I had been made aware that Daren was stepping down as Manager at Sidlesham and I did not want him talking to any other Clubs before us” said Lee. “Daren has played for the Club and is somebody that is held in high regard at Selsey FC. During our conversation this afternoon it was clear that Daren is the person who should take over at the Club. I have confirmed with my committee this evening, by way of a unanimous vote, that Daren should be offered the job and I am delighted that he has agreed to become our new Manager”. Lee continued to say that there were exciting times ahead for the Club and further details of the appointment would be announced over the course of the next few days.

Selsey FC Committee Statement
David Lee

Non League Club: Selsey FC
Pro Club: Leeds Utd

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues