Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

BULLYING past and present

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

BULLYING past and present

Postby Mike May » Wed Jan 16 2019, 14:47

With the country ready to hypervent whenever headline cases of bullying rears its ugly head, either long ago or present, be it physical or mental made me think back to the time of my youth ( yes I did have one ) when their obviously wasn't the media coverage as their is today.

The reason I bring this up today was from my own experience way back a good 60 years ago, when I was just starting to get that 'football bug' for my local village team 'Smallfield' at the tender age of 15 / 16, the club ran two sides a 1st eleven and reserves, the latter was the one I started with, in the side we had one of those old seasoned pro's, you know the type 'the legs have gone' but the mouth is still 'operational', I can still hear and see him now, berating oneself for not passing the ball / marking that man etc, perhaps he was right, but as we all know their are other ways to 'skin a cat' especially at that age, it was a case of 'manning' up or ' crumple' under it all, looking back over those years I've often wondered why I didn't 'clock' him one, as I was taller and younger than he, but their again if one is not that type of person you just suffered in silence.

I still see him now when visiting the local graveyard where my parents are buried, his gravestone is in the near vicinity, i always have a wry smile on my face whence viewing, thinking 'i bet he's still berating the younger element up their', no doubt if we ever meet up again the clock will start to tick once more!!
Mike May

Re: BULLYING past and present

Postby alexrodber » Wed Jan 16 2019, 16:29

Thanks for sharing Mike. Theres still help for when you may need it here nowadays:

https://www.nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk/
alexrodber

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues