Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Who's going to get the boot first - Managers...

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Who's going to get the boot first - Managers...

Postby sussexfootball » Wed Sep 28 2016, 09:00

So we are slowly slipping back into the normality of the form guide in the county leagues... a top team,(shoreham), running away, top of the group in the combination prem, with the usual chasing pack... Saltdean and mile oak leading the way in league 1. And of course, we have the under achievers - so far - or struggling poor sides, looking to be a long, slog of a season routed at the bottom of the table... So who do we think are under achieving/fighting to stay up this season???

Peacehaven for me is a big shock in the prem, although they have gone down the community route and no budget, as such, this season. You would expect them to be faring at least mid table in the league? Hassocks and lancing are surprises for me too.. two sides with great set ups and started this season with decent sides... but now players seem to looking to get out the door...could it be a sticky season for these two Sussex clubs as well?

Oakwood table standing is the biggest surprise to me in league 1... after a great season for them last year, what has gone wrong for their current form this season?! Southwick are massively under achieving too for the players they have at the club...Ringmer, on the other hand, i worry for...

These are clubs i feel may need to asses the situation early on, if the current manager isn't getting the best out of the players, would a change of manager do the trick? what managers are out there at the moment who could come in a sort these clubs out?!... id stick with the Oakwood gaffa though, he must know what he's doing for last seasons efforts...

These are simply my views of games i have watched this season...

What do you guys think?
sussexfootball

Re: Who's going to get the boot first - Managers...

Postby unknownhero » Wed Sep 28 2016, 13:00

Is the Ferring manager still there?
unknownhero

Postby LOOPLEHART » Wed Sep 28 2016, 22:06

[quote="sussexfootball"] Hassocks and lancing are surprises for me too.. two sides with great set ups and started this season with decent sides... but now players seem to looking to get out the door...could it be a sticky season for these two Sussex clubs as well?

Lancing do have a great set up but contrary to your surmising do still have a decent side so not sure where you are coming from - just because a couple of players have decided to move onto pastures new hardly constitutes a "sticky season"
LOOPLEHART

Postby SOUTHSAXON » Thu Sep 29 2016, 07:37

Not sure its a great topic to discuss,the rewards are minimal for managers at this level but we all know the work managers put in. Most involved in local football are doing several jobs within the club. A lot of clubs would fold without the hard work from the few hands on people that input into local football.Seems a shame we are adding pressure on the few that have stepped forward and put hours of graft into the thankless task of keeping non league football alive. Now as for the £3500,000 a year merchants that's another ball game.
SOUTHSAXON

Non League Club: Mile Oak
Pro Club: Bradford City

Postby townsendaround » Thu Sep 29 2016, 18:24

Lancing will come good. Hassocks, for the last few years, have followed a string of victories with a string of defeats, before having another string of victories and another string of defeats- the only thing predictable is their unpredictability. They won't win the league, they're unlikely to end up in a relegation place either.
townsendaround

Non League Club: Hassocks
Pro Club: Crawley Town
Twitter Acct: @townsendaround

Postby goalscorer » Mon Nov 14 2016, 17:40

Only just seen this thread. How about John Suter, sacked by Midhurst in early October?
goalscorer

Post a reply

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues