Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

World Cup 2018 bid

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

World Cup 2018 bid

Postby watson » Thu Dec 02 2010, 13:58

I thought the bid the England team made this morning in Zurich was excellent, all five presenters played their part, among the strikers was Wills and Becks supplying the amo but i thought the star man was Camo , i have no feelings for any political party but i must say the guy played a blinder, heres hoping we are sucessfull and really bring it back to our shores.
watson

Re: World Cup 2018 bid

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 02 2010, 14:20

Can't disagree with any of the above, but it's a shame the FIFA delegates can't be as honest as the candidates. It really sticks in my throat what dirty b*stard crooks they are. They also want to be tax exempt for the finals, they want us to change laws at their whim and they are no more than common criminals. I really wanted England 2018 once upon a time, but now I couldn't care less as I am sure the biggest cheque will have been recieved from Russia with love already. Prefer to have the World Cup here with a transparent, honest and fair FIFA, and not before.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Masky » Thu Dec 02 2010, 15:18

Love to see it here - can't honestly say FA is totally transparent - 2nd choice would be Spain/ Portugal - nice holiday for a month....
Masky

Postby The Bear » Thu Dec 02 2010, 15:45

Gutted. Annoyed. Our bid was delivered superb but did it matter ?
The major football nation not had the World Cup since 1966, it is so wrong.
England now has to get over it, move on and learn.
The Bear

Postby LONG 2 » Thu Dec 02 2010, 15:47

RUSSIA - 2018
QATAR - 2022
MONEY TALKS ME THINKS!
LONG 2

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 02 2010, 15:58

... or brown paper bags
Geoff
Site Admin

Postby LONG 2 » Thu Dec 02 2010, 17:13

It would appear it was a waste of time and money the feeling seems to be a lot of the committee wanted it to go to a country thats never had it before!!
Russia getting it will benefit only Russia and Russian football, Had England got it people all over the world would have benefited!!
More world cup disappointment for England fans!!
LONG 2

Postby rossco » Thu Dec 02 2010, 17:51

The horrific waste of money spent on this doomed from the start bid,would have been better spent on the many youth teams and projects around the country,Putin never attended Russias bid he didnt need to A done deal ages ago .Sepp Blatter has always hated the E nglish and English football [he has made that clear many times] .It wasnt the BBC programme or Last nights trouble at Brum.We just dont do corruption as well as some of these 3rd worlders who nearly all to a man are jealous of us which consequently tuns to hatred,these are my views anyhow
rossco

Postby Goat » Thu Dec 02 2010, 18:46

LONG 2 wrote:Itthe feeling seems to be a lot of the committee wanted it to go to a country thats never had it before!!

Long 2

I wholly concur with these sentiments.
Clearly factors enter the equation which have NO bearing whatsoever on the strength and merits of the respective bids.

Gerald
“Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.” !!
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 02 2010, 18:52

With a bit of luck hopefully the British media will step up the heat on these corrupt b*stards at FIFA now and bring them to their knees in order to make the changes desperately needed at the world governing body. Love to see Bloater and Warner behind bars. If the sport is corrupt at the highest level is it any wonder that it filters down. I'm pleased we lost out to be brutally honest.
Geoff
Site Admin

Postby rossco » Thu Dec 02 2010, 18:58

Geoff wrote:With a bit of luck hopefully the British media will step up the heat on these corrupt b*stards at FIFA now and bring them to their knees in order to make the changes desperately needed at the world governing body. Love to see Bloater and Warner behind bars. If the sport is corrupt at the highest level is it any wonder that it filters down. I'm pleased we lost out to be brutally honest.

Yep Im glad we lost out to Geoff ,just hope the FA dont spend sorry waste more money to find out why the bid failed.
rossco

Postby Goat » Thu Dec 02 2010, 19:01

Geoff wrote:With a bit of luck hopefully the British media will step up the heat on these corrupt b*stards at FIFA .

It is the model of plausibillity that there is a groundswell of opinion formulated that the FIFA delegates are darned lickspittles and varmints and slippery as snake-oil salesmen.

Gerald
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby LONG 2 » Thu Dec 02 2010, 19:07

England doesn't need a world cup, but the football world would have been better off with it being here! So once again the footballs governing body does wrong by football!! It will be interesting to see the size of the crowds at the games, not the most appealing place to visit (for football)
LONG 2

Postby Goat » Thu Dec 02 2010, 19:12

Clearly what was recognised as the best technical and commercial bid resulted in a mere TWO votes for England in the first round.
One can deduce and formulate one's own opinion as to the reasons !

Gerald
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby seafordtillidie » Thu Dec 02 2010, 19:33

It's a good job we had an Englishman on the executive committee or it would have just been ONE

I was disgusted how we went out.

Blatter himself said he doesn't like joint bids yet 2 of them finished above us in the vote.

How can we tick so many boxes yet still finish bottom?

It's a pity the Panorama program didn't go further to uncover the corruption, instead of just going over old ground, I can't wait for the media to really get stuck in now, make them pay :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Don't forget to check in on the new Seaford Town website

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/seafordtownfc/

seafordtillidie

Non League Club: Seaford Town
Pro Club: Arsenal & Albion
  • Website

Next

Post a reply

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues