Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Sports Argus

[ Facebook comments]

Polls are now allowed to be posted site wide.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Topic locked

Is the Sports Argus worth keeping?

Yes - I like it
66%
No - It's not a good read
29%
Other - Please specify
6%

Total votes : 35

Sports Argus

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 13 2006, 12:12

Interesting one for Bruce Talbot perhaps then...
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Michael Stewart » Thu Apr 13 2006, 12:34

KEEP IT?

Not as good as early on, but still a great source of EXTRA info not revealed on Nomad. Excellent CRICKET coverage in the summer as well.
WATCH OUT FOR 'GODSIZED'
SET TO BE THE BIGGEST BRITISH BAND IN 30 YEARS....LET RAWWWK!
Michael Stewart

Postby Lancer » Thu Apr 13 2006, 20:31

keep it but get rid of the fantasy football crap reduce the amount of school and youth stuff and add a little more content on local football not just the bigger teams.
sport hurts go hard or go home

Lancer

Postby Larkin » Wed Jan 31 2007, 22:02

Quite agree Lancer!!
When you read it now compared with a couple of years ago one would believe there are only a few teams in Sussex at Ryman and above.
Whatever happened to the weekly County League Grapevine article?
Not only was it interesting, it helped programme compilers greatly!!
Its Central Sussex (Brighton) leanings don't help sell it to us ''hicks from the sticks'' in East Sussex.
No doubt the same applies also to West Sussex extremities?
Eastbourne Town FC......'Simply the Best'
Larkin

Postby gonzo » Fri Feb 02 2007, 20:17

Lancer wrote:keep it but get rid of the fantasy football crap reduce the amount of school and youth stuff and add a little more content on local football not just the bigger teams.

A little short sighted I feel Lancer, just because it's of no interest to you

Remember, the Youth of today are tomorrows future....

can you remember when you were young? I bet if the 'Argus' came to your school or youth club the excitement of 'possibly' seeing yourself in print for achieving something would get you excited!!!

And you would probably flick through every page of that paper until you found the bit with your name or picture in it, and then you would read it 30 times before cutting it out....

Infact 3 scrap books later I am still doing it!

The only thing I do agree with you on is the heavy bias of coverage given to higher teams. But thats publishing for you... How many national papers carry back page news from the Championship and DIV 2 & 3??? NONE.... it's full of the Premiership - that's life!
What Cant Speak, Cant Lie!

gonzo
Site Mod

Postby guerrero » Fri Feb 02 2007, 21:07

Most of the "Youth of today"can't read and wouldn't be allowed near a pair of scissors. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Non League Club: Tonbridge Angels.
Pro Club: Liverpool and Barcelona.

Postby Hotspur » Sun Feb 04 2007, 20:57

Todays Argus 1 page on the county league 4 on the fantasy football why?

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 20:17 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lancer wrote:
keep it but get rid of the fantasy football crap reduce the amount of school and youth stuff and add a little more content on local football not just the bigger teams.

can you remember when you were young? I bet if the 'Argus' came to your school or youth club the excitement of 'possibly' seeing yourself in print for achieving something would get you excited!!!

And you would probably flick through every page of that paper until you found the bit with your name or picture in it, and then you would read it 30 times before cutting it out....

Gonzo
Only 3 scrap books at your age :lol: Should have started a book for your bookings i did iam now in double fixtures
Play as high as you can not with your mates. Thats what Sunday footballs for.
Hotspur

Postby gonzo » Mon Feb 05 2007, 18:27

Hotspur wrote:Todays Argus 1 page on the county league 4 on the fantasy football why?

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 20:17 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lancer wrote:

Gonzo
Only 3 scrap books at your age :lol: Should have started a book for your bookings i did iam now in double fixtures

Hots, you should have started a book when you started to lose your hair - :lol: :lol: I cant be sure but I think you still had it when you were 14 and playing for Lancing Rangers :lol: :lol:
What Cant Speak, Cant Lie!

gonzo
Site Mod

Postby Lancer » Wed Feb 07 2007, 19:01

Gonzo dont get me wrong im all for the press being involved in school stuff but at the moment all the local papers are becoming advertisisng for schools i know cos i use them, check out tomorows worthing herald. milo some of your firefighting mates maybe in there!!!

just prefer it to clog up the argus or herald not the sports paper that covers sussex footy.

they have a whole page with opinions of 14 year olds on the state of english cricket or the olympic bid. in my opinion just in the wrong paper it is very boring and im sure it cant increase sales significantly enough to warrant it.
sport hurts go hard or go home

Lancer

Postby sadfoot » Sat Feb 17 2007, 11:17

I asked someone on the staff once why there was so much fantasy football cr*p instead of proper local football,(adults and kids) his reply was that,thats what people wanted so it sold papers! What people?
NB I dont buy it in the summer when its full of cricket junk
sadfoot

Topic locked

Return to Polls