Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Annual Fixtures?

[ Facebook comments]

Polls are now allowed to be posted site wide.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Topic locked

Should SCFL issue fixtures for the entire year?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes : 48

Annual Fixtures?

Postby Jaydub » Mon Aug 21 2006, 21:03

It is a common theme on this forum to see a post express discontent at the normal 'drip feed' of monthly fixtures issued by the SCFL. I'd be interested in the majority view.

The question is YES we would like to see fixtures for the whole season published in advance or, NO we like the fixtures kept the way they are.
www.ryefc.com

FACT: More people follow County football than for any other reason

Jaydub

• Website

Postby Richard » Mon Aug 21 2006, 21:09

This came up time and time again last season, and it was suggested that the only way to get annual fixtures rather than month by month was for a club to bring it up / propose at the League AGM and to get it voted on. If the required majority was obtained, then the SCFL would have no option but to produce annual fixtures at the start of the season.

Noone bought it up, it was mentioned at all, so we still have monthly fixtures. People can (and will) moan again here all season, but unless they follow the correct procedures for getting it changed it will stay with monthly fixtures.

Richard

Postby Jaydub » Mon Aug 21 2006, 21:14

That is my point exactly.

The trouble is I dont think anyone will put it forward unless they think there is a fair chance of it happening, not wanting to 'rock the boat' being one of the reasons. If this poll shows that change is wanted by the majority maybe more club secretary's will put forward to the AGM that change is indeed required.

I understand that SCFL is the last League in the land to issue monthly fixtures at Level 5 or above.
www.ryefc.com

Jaydub

• Website

Postby eagle » Wed Aug 23 2006, 13:07

Jay Dub
A poll of approx. 20 replies doesn't really represent a true reflection across all the scfl clubs and how many of the 20 are actually club secretaries, chairman or sit on their clubs committee who could put forward a motion to have a seasons fixtures.
I agree with Heathyweb that there are plus & minuses in both situations clubs wouldn't be able to ask for 'Free Saturdays 0r we don't want a fixture then etc' (because of weddings, stag weekends or the clubhouse is being used for a party etc).
If they had a seasons fixtures and unless some clubs organise themselfs better I don't think we will see it happen.
But if the scfl did have a seasons fixtures then clubs like mine would be able to arrange match sponsors etc in advance so it's not black & white.
But one think we can be sure on is this old chesnut will keep on rolling :lol:
eagle

Postby Jaydub » Wed Aug 23 2006, 14:08

It was a poll that only had one reply when it first went up.

I just want to see peoples views on the subject being as it does seem and old chestnut. As I said on another post a lot of people seem to moan about it yet when it comes to doing something concrete about it everyone goes strangely quiet, to the point that it wasn't even mentioned at the AGM.

So I guess its a case of 'put up or shut up', or as I said earlier we all just like having something to moan about.

I still think it's strange that we are the last bastion in the land to still have such an archaic system, and it shows how little cohesion we have as a county.
www.ryefc.com

Jaydub

• Website

Postby MITCHELL » Tue Jan 30 2007, 08:27

Should be like every other League
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Postby crewealexfc » Wed Jan 31 2007, 00:05

the reason i was told was that there would be too much rescheduling of games due to postponements, fa cup/vase, sussex cups etc.

i think they like to pick the games though, and keep the top two teams away from eachother as long as possible.

I think they should plan an annual fixtures, but play more midweek and maybe the seasons end at the same time as the rest of the land. its usually finished early here?
crewealexfc

Postby Dean Bradford » Wed Feb 14 2007, 14:34

YES YES YES!!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Topic locked

Return to Polls