Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

PFA player of the year nominees...

[ Facebook comments]

Polls are now allowed to be posted site wide.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Topic locked

PFA Player of the Year

Christiano Ronaldo
61%
Didier Drogba
9%
Cesc Fabregas
26%
Steven Gerrard
4%
Ryan Giggs
No votes
Paul Scholes
No votes

Total votes : 23

PFA player of the year nominees...

Postby *JBFC11* » Mon Apr 16 2007, 12:49

Christiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba, Cesc Fabregas, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, and Paul Scholes

Cannot beleive Berba isn't in there, Ronaldo is blatantly gonna win it though. They have to throw a gooner in there eventhough none of them have been outstanding this season.
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Re: PFA player of the year nominees...

Postby Fingers » Mon Apr 16 2007, 13:08

*JBFC11* wrote:Christiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba, Cesc Fabregas, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, and Paul Scholes

Cannot beleive Berba isn't in there, Ronaldo is blatantly gonna win it though. They have to throw a gooner in there eventhough none of them have been outstanding this season.

Thought Essien deserved to be in there. If you think Berbatov should be in their then I think so should Saha :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think Petr Cechs performances of late have proved had he been playing all season Chelsea would have won the league already. He reminds me so much of Peter Schmiechel. Cechs saves yesterdays got chelsea into the final. I thought Blackburn could have won the game especially when Pedersen was unmarked and had the whole leftside of goal to aim at.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby the lawn mower » Mon Apr 16 2007, 13:26

Yer thats right "Fingers" ham-up the Chelski players, just incase they beat you in the 3 other competitions. :lol: :lol: :lol:
the lawn mower

Postby Fingers » Mon Apr 16 2007, 13:33

the lawn mower wrote:Yer thats right "Fingers" ham-up the Chelski players, just incase they beat you in the 3 other competitions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know me Lawn Mower Man always look for the positive is a negative and vice versa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby **** » Mon Apr 16 2007, 13:42

micah richards, aaron lennon and kevin doyle are also nominess! we all know ronaldo should and will win it though

Postby the lawn mower » Mon Apr 16 2007, 13:45

Fingers wrote:
the lawn mower wrote:Yer thats right "Fingers" ham-up the Chelski players, just incase they beat you in the 3 other competitions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know me Lawn Mower Man always look for the positive is a negative and vice versa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they call it, REVERSE SYCOPHANTOLOGY.
the lawn mower

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 17 2007, 07:40

As Ronaldo is nominated for both Player of the year and Young player of the year. If he was to win the Player of the year surely he should also win younger player of the year too? Just a thought, what do others think?

Also has that ever been done by a player before? (winning both awards in the same year)
Mystery

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Apr 17 2007, 10:40

Essien has been outstanding for Chelsea this season, thought he may have got a mention.

Surprised by Fabregas, he's been good, but not great.

Ronaldo should win it by a mile to be honest though.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 17 2007, 10:47

Have to agree with you there Zola, been chelseas best player this season, in about 5 different positions aswell!!!

If you think ronaldo will win it does that mean he should win young player aswell?
Mystery

Postby The Contender » Tue Apr 17 2007, 12:04

It is a vote I think Birdy therefore I think it is unlikely Ronaldo will win both as most players would probably only vote for him in one category, which may actually reduce his votes had he been only nominated in one category.

I also think Essien and Berba should have been there replacing Gerrard and Fabregas. Gerrard has been good but not excellent and as for Fabregas, for an attacking midfielder to only score 1 premiership goal and then be nominated is a joke. However as it is a vote by there fellow professionals I don't think we can do much about it!
Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that of all my friends

The Contender

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 17 2007, 12:19

Ive added a poll to it.

Have to say, no-one has touched Ronaldo this year in my personal opinion. I don't believe Man Utd would have been flying quite so high without his impetus.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby **** » Tue Apr 17 2007, 12:23

The Contender wrote:It is a vote I think Birdy therefore I think it is unlikely Ronaldo will win both as most players would probably only vote for him in one category, which may actually reduce his votes had he been only nominated in one category.

I also think Essien and Berba should have been there replacing Gerrard and Fabregas. Gerrard has been good but not excellent and as for Fabregas, for an attacking midfielder to only score 1 premiership goal and then be nominated is a joke. However as it is a vote by there fellow professionals I don't think we can do much about it!

ronaldo could win neither then, if most the players vote for him once then half his votes could be in one category and half his votes in the other!

Postby The Tye » Tue Apr 17 2007, 12:30

Geoff wrote:Ive added a poll to it.

Have to say, no-one has touched Ronaldo this year in my personal opinion. I don't believe Man Utd would have been flying quite so high without his impetus.
would be helpful if we could vote in this poll!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 17 2007, 12:31

Try it now.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Dean Bradford » Tue Apr 17 2007, 13:43

Ronaldo all the way

Just like Beckham in 1999 after all the Argentina crap!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Next

Topic locked

Return to Polls