Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Keepers shirts

[ Facebook comments]

Ask our resident Ref(s) your questions here.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Keepers shirts

Postby Jacko » Sun Dec 26 2010, 22:35

Watching the Newcastle v Man City game today I noted that both keepers were in green. Was this an oversight by the officials or does the EPL have it's own rules on this?
Bob

Jacko

Re: Keepers shirts

Postby scflfan » Mon Dec 27 2010, 11:13

Bob,
As with most things, they have their own rules !
Richard Smallwood
scflfan

Pro Club: Southampton

Postby wibby » Mon Dec 27 2010, 22:40

Hi Bob
Good to see you today

Richard's right, of course. The laws of the game say that each goalkeeper must wear a colour shirt that distinguishes him from all the other players and officials. Simples.

It's kind of understandable ay our level when the keepers turn up in the one shirt the club owns and they clash, but at Premier level.

Good spot though Bob!!
I still wear suspenders underneath my business suit....
wibby

Postby Jacko » Tue Dec 28 2010, 00:41

Have to say Wibby great game today from you and your two able assistants.

Seriously, good job fellas. Well played.
Bob

Jacko

Postby JACKIEBOYO » Wed Dec 29 2010, 11:39

If the jerseys of the two goalkeepers are the same colour and neither has another jersey to change into,the Referee allows play to begin. All football
JACKIEBOYO

Postby Jacko » Wed Dec 29 2010, 20:49

JACKIEBOYO wrote:If the jerseys of the two goalkeepers are the same colour and neither has another jersey to change into,the Referee allows play to begin. All football

Is that right? Strange in a way.

Ok not wanting to outstay my welcome but I have a couple of others you guys no doubt can clear up.

On the back pass rules - laws or whatever - if you create a back pass - i.e. flick it up with your foot and head it yourself to the keeper, that is an indirect free kick right?

Someone told me that the SCL do not allow the buzz or ring or whatever from the lino to the ref. Is that correct? If yes, surely its the FA that legislate with regard to officials so under what authority do they not permit it? And secondly, and there's no reason why you fellas would know the answer - why on earth would they not want it?

If this is the case, they obviously prefer the bellowing "REF" from the dug outs upon a flag going up for offside.

Thanks for the answers and your views. If I can answer anything on management, please dont hesitate to ask lol

Bob - Ringmer FC
Bob

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Wed Dec 29 2010, 20:59

Sorry I see the first one has a previous answer under a prior question.
Bob

Jacko

Postby scflfan » Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:22

Jacko wrote:
JACKIEBOYO wrote:If the jerseys of the two goalkeepers are the same colour and neither has another jersey to change into,the Referee allows play to begin. All football

Is that right? Strange in a way.

Ok not wanting to outstay my welcome but I have a couple of others you guys no doubt can clear up.

On the back pass rules - laws or whatever - if you create a back pass - i.e. flick it up with your foot and head it yourself to the keeper, that is an indirect free kick right? YES INDIRECT KICK

Someone told me that the SCL do not allow the buzz or ring or whatever from the lino to the ref. Is that correct? NO (not any more) If yes, surely its the FA that legislate with regard to officials so under what authority do they not permit it? And secondly, and there's no reason why you fellas would know the answer - why on earth would they not want it?
All match officials have the right to use "buzzer" flags providing all 3 are happy in their use.
If this is the case, they obviously prefer the bellowing "REF" from the dug outs upon a flag going up for offside. Whatever you use, there will always be bellowing from the dug outs !

Thanks for the answers and your views. If I can answer anything on management, please dont hesitate to ask lol

Bob - Ringmer FC

Happy New Year

Richard
Richard Smallwood
scflfan

Pro Club: Southampton

Post a reply

Return to Ask the Ref!