Sussex Sunday League

[ Facebook comments]

For all the Sunday enthusiasts.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Sussex Sunday League

Postby Travis » Sun Jul 21 2013, 08:36

Does anybody have access to next seasons constitution they could post on here?

A shame the Sunday league don't make more of their website, most other leagues have all their constitutions and cup draws on line already, the Sunday league are apparently still accepting applications for next season! I'd never knock anyone who gives up their time to help run a league but maybe their general release of information and promotion of their league could be better. Results are always very late on the website, sometimes not even until Monday.
Travis

Re: Sussex Sunday League

Postby Colin-D » Fri Jul 26 2013, 19:56

You've done a good job of not wanting to knock people running a league
Colin-D

Non League Club: whitehawk
Pro Club: chelsea

Postby Colin-D » Fri Jul 26 2013, 20:04

The league are awaiting correspondence from the SCFA.
Colin-D

Postby schmicles » Sun Aug 04 2013, 11:40

September if you want the league table,cup draws ete so i here.
schmicles

Postby midfieldmaestro » Mon Aug 05 2013, 09:09

Sometimes I really can't believe the SSFL, I thought the reason of the leagues starting early this year ment we could actually get the leagues finished on time and not be playing double headers half way thru may like we had to last season, but no only 2 premier league fixtures on the opening fixture list. Don't they think that maybe it's best putting the teams in the county cup in a fixture first? Or maybe the teams such as AFC Shoreham, Pink Flamingos or Real Roshill who all had to play between 35/40 games last season a opening day game?

Theres no doubt the set up needs modernising, the website is always updated so late on a Sunday/Monday, never has any information in the summer, when the new leagues have been announced it still has last seasons tables on there and it's miles behind the worthing and lewes leagues websites.

The people on the board do the best they can but maybe there needs to be some new younger faces to freshen up, I think if they asked certain people they would be interested
midfieldmaestro

Non League Club: Worthing United, AFC Shoreham
Pro Club: Arsenal
Twitter Acct: @NigeGeary

Postby Colin-D » Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:48

At the AGM, which you did not attend :oops: the Chairman asked the people that were there if they or anyone from their clubs wished to join the league board ? One person showed an interest and is now on-board. In the Premier league certain teams could not raise a team for the 25th ! so should we have just given you games and then fined you Also how many of you had a pitch for that day
As to the running of the League perhaps you can give us a few ideas other than your very negative attitude that you show on here I await your solution as to the running of the league
Colin-D

Postby spreadeaglefc » Tue Aug 06 2013, 15:16

Bring back Spread Eagle to the league! :lol:

A major part played in all of this is the council, they don't bother with cutting grass, re-painting the lines

They also can't be bothered to check the pitches if there is a drop of rain so they just 'call it off'

The SSFL members have to then deal with it all

I can understand from both sides that it is very frustrating that some things are not 'up to scratch' but you have to look at it from another point of view

Again though it is the useless council of Brighton & Hove that are slowly degrading Sunday football

Is the pay good as a member? sign me up

Let the season commence on the 25th and lets hope all goes smoothly! :ymapplause:
No one likes us, we don't care!
spreadeaglefc

Postby Travis » Tue Aug 06 2013, 16:07

Colin-D wrote:At the AGM, which you did not attend :oops: the Chairman asked the people that were there if they or anyone from their clubs wished to join the league board ? One person showed an interest and is now on-board. In the Premier league certain teams could not raise a team for the 25th ! so should we have just given you games and then fined you ?? Also how many of you had a pitch for that day ??
As to the running of the League perhaps you can give us a few ideas other than your very negative attitude that you show on here I await your solution as to the running of the league ??

As the thread starter I should explain myself a bit! I love the SSFL, although the standard has dropped, the games are far more enjoyable now.

Teams can moan all they like about fines, but the rules are pretty straightforward and easy to comply with.

I have also sat on a Sunday league comitee so I'm fully aware of what a thankless task it is! The one thing that's missing from the Sunday league is information. So much more could be done with the website to promote the league. The website is all there, just needs all the blanks filling in! Maybe a twitter account as well? Honestly not knocking all your hard work, just a suggestion. Thanks for everything :)
Travis

Postby midfieldmaestro » Wed Aug 07 2013, 16:14

Colin-D wrote:At the AGM, which you did not attend :oops: the Chairman asked the people that were there if they or anyone from their clubs wished to join the league board ? One person showed an interest and is now on-board. In the Premier league certain teams could not raise a team for the 25th ! so should we have just given you games and then fined you ?? Also how many of you had a pitch for that day ??
As to the running of the League perhaps you can give us a few ideas other than your very negative attitude that you show on here I await your solution as to the running of the league ??

Colin I wasn't knocking anyone on the board of the SSFL as I know it's a hard task. I was giving you a idea in fixture back log and asking the question they haven't certain teams got fixtures on the opening day like us? we was told the season starts on the 25th so everyone should be ready to go if teams can't field a side that's there fault and not the leagues.

I wasn't there on the Agm night as was away but made sure we as a club was represented by Greg Austin.
midfieldmaestro

Non League Club: Worthing United, AFC Shoreham
Pro Club: Arsenal
Twitter Acct: @NigeGeary

Postby ferring sunday fc » Wed Aug 14 2013, 13:11

hi all i was the the new guy who joined committe at agm. iam the manager and sec of ferring fc who are in prem. i have started a facebook group for sussex sunday league clubs to put results pics and banter on. also will ask to help with website when i go to my 1st meeting. andrew gregory ferring sunday fc
ferring sunday fc

Non League Club: ferring fc
Pro Club: arundel

Post a reply

Return to Sunday Leagues