Poll ended at Sun Jul 02 2006, 11:25

Michael Carrick
48%
Owen Hargreaves
52%

Total votes : 25

Hargreaves or Carrick ??

Postby Rusty G » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:25

With the rest of the team pretty much picking itself who would you use in the holding role for Saturday's game against Portugal ??
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Opens in new browser window

Hargreaves for me

Postby GeordiePhantom » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:31

Although I have always been one of those people who are Anti-Hargreaves. I have to say that the job he has done in the last few games has been great. He has discovered that his best position is to win the ball and then lay it off, cos he cannot do any more than that.

Well done Owen for recognising that you are @!#& at every aspect of football apart from winning a tackle.

Sorry for that "IMO", but I hate that fact that a boy raised as a sausage muncher is in our national side.

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:36

My avatar says it all!
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby **** » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:31

if we go back a few weeks to a thread when all you lot wer slaggin hargreaves off and i sed stop moaning n get behind ur country he myt just suprise you...... well a few weeks ago this poll would have been 100% carrick and now its 8 votes to 4 in hargreaves favour so am i right in saying he has proved alot of you wrong and finally merits an england place? the poll certainly says so. saying that my vote is still for carrick :lol:

Re: Hargreaves or Carrick ??

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Jun 27 2006, 14:10

Rusty G wrote:With the rest of the team pretty much picking itself who would you use in the holding role for Saturday's game against Portugal ??

Carrick got my vote. Just a more positive selction as he has more abilty on the ball than Hargreaves and is more pleasing on the eye. Perhaps if Deco was playing, I'd be tempted to go with the more defensive Hargreaves, who to be fair has done OK.

Both of them as well as Carragher will be on a some point, as will Bridge, Campbell as everytime Scolari makes a positive sub, Sven will make a negative one, just like Euro 2004.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby The Tye » Tue Jun 27 2006, 14:14

Lord Zola wrote:Both of them as well as Carragher will be on a some point, as will Bridge, Campbell as everytime Scolari makes a positive sub, Sven will make a negative one, just like Euro 2004.
5 subs??? i no we like to think were special but last time i checked we were only allowed 3 subs like the rest of the world?(albeit with sven we need 5 subs to cancel out the 3 @!#& ones he makes!)
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby **** » Tue Jun 27 2006, 15:05

i think he meant that 2 of them will start as right back and as holding midfield and the other 3 will come on as subs

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Jun 27 2006, 15:10

The Tye wrote:
Lord Zola wrote:Both of them as well as Carragher will be on a some point, as will Bridge, Campbell as everytime Scolari makes a positive sub, Sven will make a negative one, just like Euro 2004.
5 subs??? i no we like to think were special but last time i checked we were only allowed 3 subs like the rest of the world?(albeit with sven we need 5 subs to cancel out the 3 @!#& ones he makes!)

I never mean't it literally, just trying to illistrate a point. Ah bless, did it pass you by
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby The Tye » Tue Jun 27 2006, 15:31

Ah Bless???

No it didnt pass me by, U just worded it weird! :lol:
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby fanbase » Sat Jul 01 2006, 18:01

I think Hargreaves has shown all doubters just why he has been selected. Absolutely brilliant performance. Shame some of the other over paid super stars could not take note.
fanbase

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006