Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Apology to Owen Hargreaves ?

Postby been there done it » Sat Jul 08 2006, 13:39

A few red faces ! earlier posts got him hung out to dry,but he did ok
been there done it

Postby wicked man » Mon Jul 10 2006, 05:39

will give him credit for playing centre mid...

but never at right back
wicked man

Re: Apology to Owen Hargreaves ?

Postby Elliott Butler » Mon Jul 10 2006, 10:01

been there done it wrote:A few red faces ! earlier posts got him hung out to dry,but he did ok

Yes I agree. He put Lampard and Gerrard to shame. He was still bursting past the rest of his midfield in extra time. :oops:
Elliott Butler

Non League Club: Hassocks
Pro Club: Arsenal
Twitter Acct: @elliottbutler

Re: Apology to Owen Hargreaves ?

Postby Lord Zola » Mon Jul 10 2006, 10:27

been there done it wrote:A few red faces ! earlier posts got him hung out to dry,but he did ok

He did well against the Portugese but let's not go overborad. Nicky Butt has a good World Cup in 2002, and he's toilet.

Hargreaves prooved people wrong and gave a perfromamce I for one did not think he was capable of producing, but it was only one game.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby Fingers » Mon Jul 10 2006, 11:16

If Hargreaves played in the premiership week in week out then we wouldnt even have had the threads at the start. We as fans dont watch enough german football to comment on how well someone is playing. Hargreaves also spent most of last season injured, but as I and many others said bad players dont play week in week out when fit for one of Europes top club sides. One things for sure if Hargreaves performance level against Portugal is his normal level then he will be a regular for England. Be interesting to see if McClaren sticks with gerrard and Lamps in the middle or whether he leaves one of them out in favour of a more defensive centre midfielder, as the 4-5-1 formation just didnt work with Rooney as a lone striker. Given a choice I think most neutral fans would pick Gerrard above Lampard if it was a straight choice between the two.

If we're honest we will have no Rooney or Owen for the first two euro qualifers so is McClaren going to play Walcott even if he hasnt broken into the Arsenal side?
Fingers

• Website

Postby Lord Zola » Mon Jul 10 2006, 11:50

Fingers wrote:If Hargreaves played in the premiership week in week out then we wouldnt even have had the threads at the start. We as fans dont watch enough german football to comment on how well someone is playing. Hargreaves also spent most of last season injured, but as I and many others said bad players dont play week in week out when fit for one of Europes top club sides. One things for sure if Hargreaves performance level against Portugal is his normal level then he will be a regular for England. Be interesting to see if McClaren sticks with gerrard and Lamps in the middle or whether he leaves one of them out in favour of a more defensive centre midfielder, as the 4-5-1 formation just didnt work with Rooney as a lone striker. Given a choice I think most neutral fans would pick Gerrard above Lampard if it was a straight choice between the two.

If we're honest we will have no Rooney or Owen for the first two euro qualifers so is McClaren going to play Walcott even if he hasnt broken into the Arsenal side?

I think we need to move on from 4-4-2, not many of the top sides play this way anymore, only Germany of the top nations still play 4-4-2. Most like to have a creative player just behind the front 2, such as a Deco, Totti, Zidane. Maybe England should go down that route. J Cole or Ronney are both technically good enough.

Both Maclaren and Venables (if involved) are fans off 3 centre halves, so expect us to maybe play and very different formation to what we are used to.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby **** » Mon Jul 10 2006, 15:29

well im just glad i never slagged him off. ill admit i wudnt of picked him but i told you all to get behind ur country n support him hes got the chance to play for england so let him take his chance he myt just prove u rong, n wat happened? he proved u all rong. of all the individual performances in every england game the best 1 was hargreaves against portugal. n done really well against ecuador too

Postby Fingers » Mon Jul 10 2006, 16:12

CCUFC - its been bugging me for a while but why do you write a post in text speak? Not saying the posts arent worth reading because most of them are and you come up with some valid points. I bet Goat curses everytime he reads one. :lol:
Fingers

• Website

Postby Lord Zola » Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:00

Fingers wrote:CCUFC - its been bugging me for a while but why do you write a post in text speak? Not saying the posts arent worth reading because most of them are and you come up with some valid points. I bet Goat curses everytime he reads one. :lol:

Cause he's probably a bird.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby **** » Thu Jul 13 2006, 12:08

Lord Zola wrote:
Fingers wrote:CCUFC - its been bugging me for a while but why do you write a post in text speak? Not saying the posts arent worth reading because most of them are and you come up with some valid points. I bet Goat curses everytime he reads one. :lol:

Cause he's probably a bird.

yeh im really a bird

never realised it bothered anyone but if it bugs you that much i'll try to spell my words correctly in future! but why would goat curse everytime he reads one?

Postby Fingers » Thu Jul 13 2006, 13:08

CCUFC wrote:but why would goat curse everytime he reads one?

Read one of his posts and you'll see what I mean! :lol:
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006