Crawley Town Legends 9-2 Nomad Online

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Crawley Town Legends 9-2 Nomad Online

Postby Dean Bradford » Sun Oct 15 2006, 16:44

Just leaving now and what a match and a great occasion!

Over 200 people there and although we lost the scoreline did not reflect our performance.

At the end their keeper was voted man of the match which tells it all really!!

Their side was also pretty useful with players like ex manager Francis Vines, Simon Wormull (currently playing for Lewes), and Danny Carroll.

Our starting line up was

Hassan Haku (the finnish dude linked with Haywards Heath who was spot on!)
Spencer Mitchell
Steve Barber
Mark Wright
Joe Nicholson
Dean Bradford
Alex Barron
Steve Nicholson
Tobi Hutchinson
Ryan Walton
Ricki Mitchell

Subs
Ian Bales
Ashley Bailey
Paul Sargeant
Mat Wroe
Simon Whitney

Sorry if I missed someone as this is from memory after a couple of Kronenbergs!!

Thanks also to Martin Brown for great hospitality and use of Oakwoods facilities and Geoff and Dave for expert dugout tactics!!

Thanks also to the Crawley player who left 6 stud marks on my leg when he trod on me!!!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby North Sussex Fan » Sun Oct 15 2006, 17:21

Your more than welcolme for the use of our facilities but the main person to thanks is our General Manager Alan Gould who was there from the crack of dawn making sure everything was ready

Sorry I had to shoot off early but it was great to meet up with people again.
North Sussex Fan

Postby sadfoot » Sun Oct 15 2006, 17:43

Who scored ?
sadfoot

Postby topash1985 » Sun Oct 15 2006, 18:32

Scores for Nomad were Ricki Mitchell and Wrighty.

What a game i really enjoyed it and there was some very good players on there side who could probably now still walk into alot of County teams, but at the end of the day it was a game for the Devils trust and great game to watch.

ask Deano if you see him what happened at the near post :lol: :lol: :lol: got done by a pea roller.

thanks to all at oakwood.

cheers ash
topash1985

Postby MC » Sun Oct 15 2006, 18:42

North Sussex Fan wrote:Your more than welcolme for the use of our facilities but the main person to thanks is our General Manager Alan Gould who was there from the crack of dawn making sure everything was ready

Have to echo your thanks about Alan. Thanks also for a great game and occasion and hope you all enjoyed your day.

Hope you all have a great season with your respective clubs.
MC

Thanks

Postby MITCHELL » Sun Oct 15 2006, 19:43

Thanks everybody for making it such a great day biggest football playing day of my life. What an experience thanks to all the guys from Nomad great to meet up again and pleasure to play football with you all and to Crawley what a team and what some great players most could and should still play at a high level

Thanks again
Nomad/Geoff & Deno
:lol:
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Postby Nomad » Sun Oct 15 2006, 21:56

A full report is now online at http://www.nomad-online.co.uk/html/noma ... s_tru.html

I will add the Legends line-up once I have confirmed it with the Trust... just so everyone can see what we were up against :lol: I also hope to have some pics on the site sometime this week.

In the meantime there are some pics at http://ctfc.fotopic.net/c1111278.html although mainly from a Crawley perspective.

Thanks as always to everyone who turned up and took part, especially those (most) of you who also played yesterday and this morning! I think it really helps to raise the profile of Nomad-Online as well as being great to get together.

Best of luck to Crawley Town / Devils' Trust, and another big thank-you to Oakwood FC for being such great hosts.
Nomad

• Website

Postby spacey » Mon Oct 16 2006, 08:02

Enjoyed the day with the exception on being nutmegged twice in front of the crowd, missing a sitter and chasing Simon Wormull around the park.

Good to see you all again.

Thanks again to Deano, Geoff and Dave and everyone else, good luck to the Devils Trust for the future.
Pre-season is about bullshi!tters, backstabbers and finding out who you can trust!
spacey

Postby Dean Bradford » Mon Oct 16 2006, 09:12

North Sussex Fan wrote:Your more than welcolme for the use of our facilities but the main person to thanks is our General Manager Alan Gould who was there from the crack of dawn making sure everything was ready

Yes I would also like to thank Alan Gould too. Had a good chat with him after the game and it is people like him that make our game and league so great. He clearly lives and breathes Oakwood Football Club and he pulled out all the stops to ensure yesterday was such a success.

Nice one mate and see you back at Oakwood on Saturday!!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Dean Bradford » Mon Oct 16 2006, 09:13

topash1985 wrote:
ask Deano if you see him what happened at the near post :lol: :lol: :lol: got done by a pea roller.

cheers ash

I cant believe someone moved the goal! :lol:
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Nomad » Mon Oct 16 2006, 10:34

I thought I would leave all the embarrassing details out of the report ... after all, there's plenty of room for all that banter on here over the next few days eh guys? :lol:
Nomad

• Website

Postby crewealexfc » Mon Oct 16 2006, 15:01

really enjoyable day. My calves are feeling it today, after reffing a match before and after the nomad game!
Good fun chasing Simon Wormull, and Ian Simpemba most of the time!
crewealexfc

Postby The Hopper » Mon Oct 16 2006, 16:02

Great occasion and thanks to everyone involved for making me feel so much part of the dayAND----i pulled too for only 3rd time this year--mind yer only a muscle this time
The Hopper

Postby heathwebby » Tue Oct 17 2006, 09:03

anyone know what happened to the photos? the link says the album is not available ?
heathwebby

Postby Nomad » Tue Oct 17 2006, 10:15

heathwebby wrote:anyone know what happened to the photos? the link says the album is not available ?

Perhaps Peter (Devils' Trust) has removed them for some reason. I am hoping to get some from Piotr Gawlik later this week. He was officially working for the NLP but I am sure that once they have decided what they want, he will sort out some for us as well.
Nomad

• Website

Next

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC