Find us on facebook

New kit sponsorship

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby Nomad » Tue Jan 16 2007, 21:15

I hoped to sort this out last weekend or even this evening, but the weather has hit the Priory Lane pitch yet again.

Possible dates are all Sundays: 11 March, 25 March, and 8 April ... weekends when the Borough 1st XI have away fixtures so the pitch should be OK. KO would probably be 2pm.

Once I get a definate answer from Eastbourne Borough then we get get things moving.
Nomad

• Website

Postby wicked man » Fri Jan 26 2007, 21:03

shall we move it too hastings as all eastbourne borough games seemed to be going that way.
wicked man

Postby topash1985 » Fri Jan 26 2007, 21:55

lmfao :lol: :lol: :lol:
topash1985

Postby topash1985 » Fri Jan 26 2007, 21:56

could always play it at lancing as they seem to make other games priority over lancing's county games
topash1985

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 26 2007, 22:04

Good reason for that Ash, Lancing don't own the pitch (or the ground), the SCFA do and they pay the groundsman to work there more or less full time, I think they have the right to first pickings as landlords.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby topash1985 » Sat Jan 27 2007, 02:22

suppose so mate, they prob won't have a team much longer anyway.
topash1985

Postby Roy Brown » Mon Jan 29 2007, 23:03

I would be up for playing in this game if there was space. I play in goal and even have a set of gloves if that helps
If you spend your time the way people want you to live, how can you claim to have lived
Roy Brown

• Website
  • YIM

Postby Geoff » Tue Jan 30 2007, 01:26

Nearer the time we shall ask for people wanting to play. Thanks for the offer. We need a keeper cos Bradford is pony, although wozza could be in the running!
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Nomad » Sun Feb 11 2007, 10:44

Unfortunately, due to a number of reasons I have decided to postpone the fixture I was hoping to arrange for Priory Lane in March.

As you are probably aware, the Eastbourne Borough pitch has been subject to serious drainage problems over the past month or so, and indeed another home game was postponed yesterday. This is obviously leaving the club with a major fixture backlog to fulfil, not to mention Youth team games (I'm not even going to think about the Alliance: one match all season!).

The other problem is that due to unforeseen (and quite understandable) circumstances, the chap who was going to assemble an Eastbourne Legends side to play us, has also had to pull out ... at least for the time being.

These two combined mean that there simply isn't enough time to arrange anything now ... at least I personally haven't the time. However, if there is anyone out there ...

Apologies; it wasn't for want of trying. Fingers crossed we can sort something out for the summer ... although not at Priory Lane as the pitch is being dug up immediately the current season comes to a close.
Nomad

• Website

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC