Nomad Vs Strollers

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Nomad Vs Strollers

Postby SuperCat1 » Sat May 07 2011, 18:33

Just woundered what the score was were we (nomad Faithful) Victorious?

Shame Mike May could not attend as i think he would of written you a nice match report

Was the Referring up to scratch??

Was there any Violent inccidents which the game had to be abandend and police and ambulence called

Best Goal Socred

Funniest moment

Hope all went well and you raised some money for charity.
SuperCat1

Re: Nomad Vs Strollers Score?

Postby Arthur Graham » Sat May 07 2011, 18:47

I do know that The Bear made an appearance in each half and at the ripe age of 25% of 200 was, allegedly, the oldest man on the field.

I am sure that The Bear will correspond on this virtuoso performance in a subsequent post.

Arthur Graham

Non League Club: Lancing
Pro Club: Super Leeds
Twitter Acct: @paulblanno

Postby Dean Bradford » Sat May 07 2011, 19:04

Just popped the score and brief match report and highlights on the match thread!

Great match and fantastic occasion!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby The Bear » Sat May 07 2011, 19:12

Yes I managed 18 minutes of each half. I will suffer. But it was worth every minute of pain.
To play again on a pitch at 50 was an achievement with such great players and people. I loved every minute of it.
To any young player who gives up too early, think again. Football is a great game and you should enjoy every minute of the time you can play. Put the effort in and you will get the rewards.
To play football should mean so much.
The whole game was fun. Thank you Dean for organising our side, to Geoff for the support. To Ware for playing us and Bob, and Arundel for putting the game on.
I even made the Head brothers look quick.
Just a shame that John ruined a chance of winning.
The Bear

Postby slackjack » Sat May 07 2011, 23:33

Quality, sorry, head boowed in sorrow! Trust me when I say this isn't the last you've heard from me&

I am absolutely f****d now, went to my local they heard of geoff the wildebeast, Omib, and hs oooh f***k f**k off
slackjack

Postby Geoff » Sun May 08 2011, 07:28

Whilst I'm only on my phone, I'll post properly later when I am back in London. But i have about 550 in my pocket for charity.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Jester » Sun May 08 2011, 10:27

When I entered the changing room I was slightly worried. I looked around and saw the likes of OMIB and Slackjack and it looked more like something out the film deliverance than it it did a football team. However, it turned out to be a very enjoyable afternoon.

Despite the 7 goals we conceded I still believe I was the best player on the pitch. Hand on heart I can honestly say my man never scored. And playing in front of crofty is not the easiest thing in the world. He is a bit like Gomes for Spurs, but without the ability to some times pull off a great save.

It was quite possibly one of the laziest midfields I have ever played behind. Tobi "I'm only intesrested when we have the ball" Hutchinson illustrates that point beautifully.

Up top we with the "pretty" combination of Eamon and Churcher. Even to this day Eamon still finds space in the box. Largely due to the fact that no one will go near him in fear of catching something.

At 7-7 it goes to pens and you find out who the real players are. Even in a charity game Shiner was cowering behind the back of players hoping not to be seen. I've said it before, ability counts for nothing if you have no character. Not that he has ability mind you either.

Funniest moment is a touch one to call.

Deano's shocking attempt at a dummy that actually ended up coming off was a real highlight.

Any time the ball went near our goal and crofty.

The time I sent a searching 50 yard pass into the the channel for OMIB to chase. I over hit the pass by at least 10 yards to see him scramble to get there. After getting there the ball hit his toe, shin, knee and went into touch. Never seen a man look so fxxxed off .

Thanks to everyone who played their part in organising a great day.
Jester

Postby george v » Sun May 08 2011, 10:37

Geoff
Took the whistle like a duck out of water.Could Sussex football have found it's lastest referee (the score when he took the whistle was 7-5 to Nomad)

But credit for doing so, at least he gave it ago

The black oufit looked good on him

A good day raising money for a good cause it's just a shame more didn't come to watch & support.(always next year)

Well done all that played their part
george v

Re: Nomad Vs Strollers

Postby Geoff » Sun May 08 2011, 15:25

What a great day! Where do you start? Without a doubt my best laugh in all 5 charity matches we've done to date.

The manager has been invited to my office on Monday morning to explain the 5-1 turnaround. The tactics to bring on Chalaye were dire and I'm not sure I can give him my backing after that one. Totally dropped one there. The half time Bosman was an inspiration from Ware. Dropped the average age from 53 to 26! No excuses though, Hutchy was rubbish in the second half, I won't be renewing his contract, although Reece was quality (on the bench). Crofty dived like a dying swan. Eamonn, what a shocker... that was just your best game ever. Churchy can walk away with his head held high... the original poacher.

A few days ago I was seriously thinking about closing this place down due to unsavoury registrations and I'd quite simply had enough. But after yesterday your whole confidence in people is lifted again.

Chalaye taking a dive at around 10pm was classic but he was 5 hours too late for a pen shout.

My funniest moment had to be Hutch screaming at whoever passed him the ball and it was 2 yards too far for him. "If you can't pass me the f*cking ball, don't bother!" I thought his hair gel was going to fall off. After a little mollycoddling he wiped away the tears and carried on.

Marchdrunk lived up to his name in the evening... the master of alcohol ceremonies. But seriously Bob, cheers mate you are the original star in this cut and thrust of County football. Thanks to Darren Eaton, my faith in refs has been fully restored, cheers Dazza! Ken Brook, Dean Bradford, Kay, Bob Munners, Nomad FC, Ware Strollers, all who turned up (not many), all who helped towards the charity, Shazza at EP for looking after the Nomad kit for a year! And anyone I have forgotten. I know I already did this once but I'm on my pc now so easier to type.

Oh... the guy with the panama hat... was that you Mr Goat???

Here's to the good times and cheers lads, you made that my best Saturday so far this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC