Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

FA Coaching badges

[ Facebook comments]

Qualified coach with tips to pass on? Need help?

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

FA Coaching badges

Postby seafordcrownfc.co.uk » Thu Oct 05 2006, 10:42

Can anybody give me some info about this (especially people who have done them) as I find the FA sites are unhelpful.

seafordcrownfc.co.uk

• Website

Postby FVFC » Thu Oct 05 2006, 14:50

I'm with you on that. I registered an interest on their website to be notified about the initial coaching badge, never heard a thing. Would be very interested in any answers too. I believe Slim Shady has done his badges.

FVFC

Postby spacey » Thu Oct 05 2006, 15:33

Rather than using the FA website, try the SCFA website

http://www.sussexfa.com/development/cou ... rse+dates/

There is already information concerning courses for next year on the website.

I am doing the Level one at Chichester in November, been meaning to do it for years but never had the time.

It was easy to book and i sent my payment by cheque.

If you click on information it should give you information on the course.

Alternatively you could email I am sure they would want to hear from people interested.
Pre-season is about bullshi!tters, backstabbers and finding out who you can trust!
spacey

Postby *JBFC11* » Thu Oct 05 2006, 17:15

You could enrol in one of the football development course at BHASVIC.

I think they still run.

I did one and in a year walked away with 8 NCF awards and my Junior team managers, aswell as 80 hours coaching in the community.

Think the next step was Uefa B.
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby seafordcrownfc.co.uk » Fri Oct 06 2006, 07:47

Anyone been on the course and can give me some feedback on if it's worht it, and what actually goes on etc.

Reading on the FA website, it seems you can skip to UEFA B.

seafordcrownfc.co.uk

• Website

coaching badges

Postby Wolfman » Tue Oct 10 2006, 08:21

i found the sussex county site fairly easy to use its just the way you have to book it that is trouble some you cant book online or by phone because they need your application form and payment at the same time and that means posting it, this can lead to missing out because the website says places available but by the time your application arrives in the post its full booked.
im currently doing my level 2 and find it really intresting the things you are shown will really improve you as a coach, manager or assistant and even player,the course is hard work and a lot more physical than i imagined if you are not coaching you are being coached and that means running and lots of it,you also get support days 2 per month that help you prepare for your final assessment the level 3 course is more phases of play and 8v8 game related stuff.
i haven't done the level 1 but other people at the club have say it easy and you cant fail it just shows you the basics its a weekend followed by 1 evening in the week and then the following saturday,
Wolfman

Postby Mountfield » Wed Oct 11 2006, 03:21

I second that,

I completed my FA Coaching certificate and it was very easy and straight forward... It is a great insight and beginner if you want to go further on and will also give you a few new ideas for your own team but nothing more than that!

Mountfield

Postby Dean Bradford » Wed Oct 11 2006, 08:38

How do you apply?

Im very interested in undertaking this myself
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Wolfman » Wed Oct 11 2006, 12:12

if you goto sussex county fa website and goto courses they are listed there, you can print off an application form and send in your cheque for the course you want to take
Wolfman

Postby spacey » Thu Oct 12 2006, 09:08

Wolfman wrote:if you goto sussex county fa website and goto courses they are listed there, you can print off an application form and send in your cheque for the course you want to take

Thats pretty much what I did to book my place on the a course, however I did email them first to make sure there was a space available on the course.
Pre-season is about bullshi!tters, backstabbers and finding out who you can trust!
spacey

Postby slim shady » Thu Oct 19 2006, 12:18

Right here goes.....

The best place to start is the FA.com Read up on the courses and you can view the course calendar which tells you which FA is putting on what course and when. You will then need to contact the Sussex FA or visit their website as it is up to them to implement the course. Henry Millington or Julie Tobin at Sussex.

Level 1.

I skipped the Level 1 course as I had been involved in Senior level football for a long time. I was also told it's a doddle and not to bother. I would suggest anyone who is starting at the bottom, should go along and do it as it gets you into the basics of how the courses are structured.

UEFA B Licence (Level 2)

The UEFA B Licence is split into 2 parts (Level 2 & 3) - Level 2 is a big jump up from the Level 1 course, and really gets into "The coaching principles" The course focuses on mainly drills and small sided games.

The initial course is 5 1/2 days long starting at 9.00 and going on till 5.00. It's tough going and you need to be fairly fit to do it as you the coaches have to take part in the drills or SSG's. Once you have completed the initial week, you will be given and expected to complete a portfolio of experience. The portfolio is made up of a number of written and practical tasks that have to be undertaken. In addition you also have to complete a coaching log of a minimum of 16 - 20 hours of logged (signed off coaching) The log has to cover a number of topics which are all part of the sylabus. During this time there are also 3-4 support days that you have to attend to gain further instruction and for the assessors to view your portfolio.

Usually 6-9 months after your initial week (and when the assessor thinks you are ready) you will be asked to come forward for your external assessment where you will have to put on 2 x 20 minute sessions that are watched and critiqued by the external assessor.

At the end of the assessment you will be told whether you have passed or failed.

After successfully completing the Level 2 you will be expected to wait a while to gain coaching experience before moving on to the Level 3.

On my course no one who took the course failed.

Level 3

The Level 3 is a bastard. (in my opinion) as it's an even bigger jump up from the Level 2. It follows a similar format of 6 days full time course and 3 - 4 days of support days. The difference is in the amount of portfolio written tasks and the subject matter. Match analysis and such like. The practical topics are all based on Phase of play, 8 v 8 and functional practices.

For the final assessment you have to put on 2 x 25 minute sessions. The catch is that they make you prepare for 4 and then they pick out 2 on the day. The topics you have to do are 1 x phase of play (mandetory) and either an 8 v 8 or functional practice.

For the weeks course, your own football ability has to be much better than for the Level 2. When I completed my final assessment in Jan this year, we had 2 pro's on the course. The assessors also expect you to be able to demonstrate all aspects of what your subject topic is. So you may need to strike a ball 40 yards in doing so.

The fail rate on the Level 3 was very high. Out of the 26 who took the final assessment in Jan, only 5 of us passed.

Only after you have completed and been successfully assessed on both the Level 2 and 3 are you awarded the UEFA B Licence.

Costs:

Level 2 and 3 are much the same approx. £300 per course.

I'm debating whether to start the A Licence as I'm told that is an even greater jump up....

One other thing. I didn't do my Level 3 in Sussex as I get fed up with them keep cancelling the course as they need a minimum of 20 people on the course and there didn't appear to be that many people in Sussex willing to do it...

If anyone needs help or advice, PM me.

Good luck

Steve.
Audere est Facere
slim shady

Postby marko » Thu Oct 19 2006, 13:04

The UEFA A is very difficult and expensive,you take the written and the physical course.You can pass one, fail the other but you are given 2 years to complete.
The physical course is a b*stard,you can use the other course members to help your drills but if you are one of the last ,the others who have done theirs are either knackered or not interested .
You can ask to be assessed locally but that means you providing the players for the drills.... "ideally" a good quality youth squad who are willing to be take instruction is the best bet...
The course is massively subjective,videoed and then the interview.
Ex pro's stand a better chance ,not because they are better it's because they are ex pro's !!
marko

Postby slim shady » Thu Oct 19 2006, 14:04

Marko,

By the sound of it, you have done it ?

What club are you with if you don't mind me asking...?

Steve
Audere est Facere
slim shady

Postby crewealexfc » Thu Nov 02 2006, 18:17

i passed my level 1 last saturday, and thought it was pretty straight forward. Its like a bit like driving, you do it as it says in the book until you pass, then after you can have your own style.
crewealexfc

Postby slim shady » Fri Nov 03 2006, 16:00

Alex,

That's why I said it's best to start on the Level 1 even if you have been involved in football for a while as it get's you into the "Coaching mindset" and how things are structured.

Where did you do it ?

Steve
Audere est Facere
slim shady

Next

Post a reply

Return to Coaching and Tips