Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

FA Coaching badges

[ Facebook comments]

Qualified coach with tips to pass on? Need help?

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby crewealexfc » Sat Nov 04 2006, 00:17

steve,

yeh i found it realyl useful, regardless of how straight forward it was. i think it will help me with my level 2 in april in terms of knowing coaching activitites etc.

I had to do it in Harrow! it was three saturdays and three wednesday nights.

Alex
crewealexfc

Postby Tony Minoldo » Tue Mar 13 2007, 15:58

What I find annoying about the different coaching qualifications, is the fact that if you hold, say, a UEFA B coaching certificate (now Level 2) and are in the USA -hapened to me- and want to do a Level 3 (USSF B), you have to do first they USSF C (level 2)?

Because I was coaching and living there for a while, and I had never find the time to take my 2 final UEFA B Licence (level 3) assessments in England (I'll comment on this below), I refused to do level 2 again with the USSF...Gladly, the National Soccer Coaches Association of America, where a lot of British coaches work, accepted me into their level 3 (Advanced National Diploma).

The benefit of the NSCAA educational system (apart from top-quality teaching) is that you do the final exam the final day, don't have to come back months later. Also, you discuss systems of play (4-4-2, 3-5-2, etc, that it didn't happen at Lilleshall 2003).

In my case, I paid £250 to the FA in 2003, went to Lilleshall, completed everything, but never found the time (a Saturday and a Sunday in a row, to be assessed, even after contacting my local (then London) FA. I was invited once with the promise to be assessed, but they used me as an extra body for other coaches' exams without assessing me...All my Sat and Sunday I coach -during the footy season- and I used to spend the summers coaching in the USA, so...

I really rather have the final assessments in the final day of the course. But I also question the too much importance given to these two final coaching sessions...

Tony Minoldo

• Website

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Coaching and Tips