Eastbourne Utd Vets v Nomad Steve Bernard XI

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby The Tye » Mon Nov 28 2005, 10:25

Dean Bradford wrote:
The Tye wrote:do you not owe me a beer for not scoring???

do you not owe us money for being suspended!!!

i will give that to you when your boys play lewes in the cup, just tell me when it will be and i will be there!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Dean Bradford » Mon Nov 28 2005, 11:07

Thanks buddy.
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby The Contender » Mon Nov 28 2005, 16:46

My ratings for the game are as follows (apologies if I have forgotten peoples names, let me know and I will update the post):

Dean Bradford
(in goal) 10 – rock solid legend who should have been in the Premiership
(on pitch) 10 – Linford Christie couldn't have caught him
Right back – 5 his best days are behind him but was consistent and kept the ball
Chappo – 7 He had a double with the EB utd left back and rose to the challenge, took a knock for the team.
Slim Shady – 7 complimented Chappo even though they have never seen eye to eye
Otters – 8 Great left foot haven’t seen a performance like that from a left back since Francis Benali against Bradford in 1996
Max Power – 6 he said he felt embarrassed that he was being marked by Ronnie Corbett’s double, but we all knew he was in his pocket.
The Contender – 8 I don’t like blowing my own trumpet as you all know, but you know how good I was
Lancer – 7 great finish for the goal and linked up well with the Contender
Shiner – 7 I could finally put a name to a face, showed some silky touches, reminded me of Rick Holden in his heyday
Rickie – 7 scored three, showed he is a good player, but did he take it too seriously?? I suspect he is a win at all costs person, he also missed a sitter.
Roggie – 7 he played like Teddy Sheringham, could have scored a hatful but refused to score an easy goal which added to the entertainment value.

Subs:
Nick Waters - -5 yes that is minus 5, seemed like a nice bloke but he had a nightmare. He missed a chance that was easier to score and had at least another 4 chances. I must admit both myself and James were willing him not to score after he missed that sitter, perversely it was the best thing I saw all day. Don’t take it personally Nick!!!

Number 14 (sergeant hurst??) - 2 he said he would play anywhere he didn’t have to run – I said why don’t you stay sub then? But Geoff saw it fit to play him Centre Mid. Not sure what he was like in his heyday, but you could clearly see he had about 5 injuries by the way he was running, either that or the nerves of the big crowd got to him and he had a little accident on the pitch. In goal he got a 7, cool calm and collected.

Hopper – 2 he bought new boots for the game and had he beaten the offside trap he would have undoubtedly scored an got a 7, sadly he was offside and I am not sure if he touched the ball

Redhill supporter (apologies forgot the name) – 5 we obviously found the same things funny as we were in stitches laughing at someone else’s expense, solid as a rock.

Crewealex – 5 played ok, didn’t produce in the final third.

The boyfriend of the girl – 6 I saw him talking to Chappo could he soon be joining EP?

If I have forgotten anyone please let me know. I hope I have not offended any players – these ratings are my honest opinion even though some of the comments may not be. Overall I was honoured to be involved in the day and I know it has already been said but certain people put a lot of effort in and deserve all the praise they are getting. One thing though Geoff – if you don’t ask for a lift then you don’t get one!!
Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that of all my friends

The Contender

Postby Shiner » Mon Nov 28 2005, 17:06

Contender you are developing into a forum legend. Cant believe our first exchanges were so bitter and i've grown to appreciate your acidic wit and macabre charm :lol: :lol:
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 28 2005, 17:13

Just a shame the Brothers Grim aka Stu and James, lost their smiling glands at birth! :lol:

The only two gits that whined about being subbed!! :lol:
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Max Power » Mon Nov 28 2005, 17:48

Can't help it Geoff, I was in the zone and raring to go!!
Shake and Bake!!

Max Power

Postby red_boots2 » Mon Nov 28 2005, 18:00

As much as i'd loved to have played. watching from the dugout made me feel so much better about my performance in the last game having watch Nick miss a few :lol:
Whatever It Takes
red_boots2

• YIM

Postby The Contender » Mon Nov 28 2005, 18:01

please can i add that Dean Bradford has clearly abused his rank in Nomad but I still love him. He will probably have my babies too!! :lol:
Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that of all my friends

The Contender

Postby Dean Bradford » Tue Nov 29 2005, 08:18

:lol: !!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby MITCHELL » Tue Nov 29 2005, 09:00

Thanks Contender you have given me 10 points 5 for first half as right back then 5 more for coming on as left back in second half.

It was a great day and it is not everday you get to play in the biggest game of football in your life at 38. I have only ever played local Sunday and Wednesday football and stopped that 10 years ago because of my Scouting commitments, it was a pleasure playing with you guys who all play Div 1, 2, & 3.

My dad enjoyed doing the programmes Geoff and the gate forgot to mention that bit especially as mini mini Mitchell was doing the foot pedall

It was a great day and shows again the great spirt in football between clubs, supporters and officails. All for such an important occasion.
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Postby Pegasus » Tue Nov 29 2005, 09:24

Did Mark Zydonic get a game?? How did he do??
Pegasus

Twitter Acct: @piggycoops

Postby Dean Bradford » Tue Nov 29 2005, 09:31

Yes he did and played well. Could be a few clubs looking at him
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby spacey » Tue Nov 29 2005, 09:33

Yes Mark Z had a game.

He did ok.
Pre-season is about bullshi!tters, backstabbers and finding out who you can trust!
spacey

Postby Pegasus » Tue Nov 29 2005, 09:46

Has he been released by Crawley?? Noticed Owen Botting has got a contract there now but not Mark which was surprising....

Marks a good lad - deserves to be playing at a decent club
Last edited by Pegasus on Tue Nov 29 2005, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Pegasus

Twitter Acct: @piggycoops

Postby newscribbler » Tue Nov 29 2005, 10:39

I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped make Sunday afternoon so enjoyable. I agree that no other County could have staged this event, and to be able to help by doing something I enjoy was an honour and a privilege.
It was also nice to meet you all eventually, some for the first time and some to renew friendships with - that is if a journalist ever has friends!
I just hope I didn't embarrass anyone, or say anything disrespectful during the afternoon.
Always a thin line between saying too much and not enough, and being less than polite, or too much of a wind-up merchant.
If there were any people I upset, please accept my apologies.
Ben
newscribbler

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC