Find us on facebook

Eastbourne Utd Vets v Nomad Steve Bernard XI

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby The Hopper » Tue Nov 29 2005, 10:44

newscribbler wrote:I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped make Sunday afternoon so enjoyable. I agree that no other County could have staged this event, and to be able to help by doing something I enjoy was an honour and a privilege.
It was also nice to meet you all eventually, some for the first time and some to renew friendships with - that is if a journalist ever has friends!
I just hope I didn't embarrass anyone, or say anything disrespectful during the afternoon.
Always a thin line between saying too much and not enough, and being less than polite, or too much of a wind-up merchant.
If there were any people I upset, please accept my apologies.
Ben
...Ben i think you got it "SPOT ON" on the day
The Hopper

Postby Dean Bradford » Tue Nov 29 2005, 11:35

Have received this email from Steve Bernards Dad, Tony....

Hi Dean,
Just to say Thank's again to you and all the guy's for the hard work that you put in to make the game such a success,it's a real pleasure to meet guy's like you all,you obviously love football and people!
In your own word's DIFFERENT GRAVY!!
Best Regard's,
Tony Bernard

Well done again to all of you!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Dean Bradford » Tue Nov 29 2005, 11:37

newscribbler wrote:I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped make Sunday afternoon so enjoyable. I agree that no other County could have staged this event, and to be able to help by doing something I enjoy was an honour and a privilege.
It was also nice to meet you all eventually, some for the first time and some to renew friendships with - that is if a journalist ever has friends!
I just hope I didn't embarrass anyone, or say anything disrespectful during the afternoon.
Always a thin line between saying too much and not enough, and being less than polite, or too much of a wind-up merchant.
If there were any people I upset, please accept my apologies.
Ben

Ben

You were different class on Sunday mate and really enjoyed your commentary and banter. The effort and enthusiasm you put in really helped make the day extra special.
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby The Tye » Tue Nov 29 2005, 12:11

that e-mail is a touch of class people, i am very proud to be a small part of it!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby partridge11 » Wed Nov 30 2005, 13:05

well done to everybody. it was a great event and all went perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed being part of it and not even breaking sweat taking the penalty against deano. he should have been fined even more and he should have bought you a beer tye..

It was a very good game and I personally thought teh vets gave a good account of them selves.

Thanks to veryone and deano we will take 3points on sat as well.

I will enjoy the double over you
partridge11

Postby roggie » Wed Nov 30 2005, 18:55

Realy enjoyed the match. Was a bit strange first half. Didn,t really know how much effort to put into it. Tryed to be a little to casual , and consiquently looked crap. Found the right balance second half though. Was interesting seeing people for the first time. When you read the posts, you sort of delvelop a picture in your mind what the person looks like, and when you meet them, its nothing like. Everyone seemed like good lads. Ricky reminds me of myself a few years back. Hungry to score goals even in a charity match. Nothing wrong with that. Felt for Nick, who wouldn,t have scored if he stayed out there to midnight. That will proberble stick with him now with all the Nomadians who were there. Think, you might have a few more quotes to come on that one Nick!! I also met Tony, Sue, and Jacques for the first time, which i was pleased to do. Tony seems like a real decent bloke, which would explain where Steve got his charachter from. At the end of the day, i felt really chuffed to be involved on the night. Oh ! and thanks to Dean for making me captain, ment alot mate. Afterwards, i gave the captains armband to Jacques to keep. Just wanted to give him something really. He is a brave young lad !! I listened to his speach at the church. I though it took a lot of courage for someone so young to say what he said in front of 500 people. Just showed how much he loved his brother i guess. Anyway ! Yes ! Great game for a great cause. Well done to all !!

roggie

Postby Dean Bradford » Thu Dec 01 2005, 09:01

partridge11 wrote:well done to everybody. it was a great event and all went perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed being part of it and not even breaking sweat taking the penalty against deano. he should have been fined even more and he should have bought you a beer tye..

It was a very good game and I personally thought teh vets gave a good account of them selves.

Thanks to veryone and deano we will take 3points on sat as well.

I will enjoy the double over you

aahh - a good old bit of banter leading up to Saturdays game, that's what I like to see!!

once again Rich, cannot thank you personally and all your lads for a great effort both on and off the pitch.
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Geoff » Thu Dec 01 2005, 09:13

Whats happening about the money Dean? Seen Dave yet?

I have a cheque for £95 that is not made payable to anyone and I'll be picking up the £255 from Shoreham FC that I left in their safe keeping last Sunday.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Dean Bradford » Thu Dec 01 2005, 09:32

Geoff wrote:Whats happening about the money Dean? Seen Dave yet?

I have a cheque for £95 that is not made payable to anyone and I'll be picking up the £255 from Shoreham FC that I left in their safe keeping last Sunday.

Keep hold of it until next week mate so that I can collect the money off the EUA boys on Saturday and then we can all arrange to meet up next week.
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Shiner » Thu Dec 01 2005, 10:00

The Contender wrote:Shiner – 7 I could finally put a name to a face, showed some silky touches, reminded me of Rick Holden in his heyday

Remind me mate, who is RickHolden? Just want to be sure of how big a compliment you're actually paying me
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Postby The Contender » Thu Dec 01 2005, 11:48

He was a tricky left winger who is an Oldham legend. Second to Andy Ritchie probably their best ever player. Although if Denis Irwin played for them which I think he did that makes him their third.
In response to Roggies comments I agree that it was good to see the people who we chat/debate with almost on a daily basis. It is funny how we all have strong opinions online but face to face we hardly said anything.
Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that of all my friends

The Contender

Postby Shiner » Thu Dec 01 2005, 12:28

Yeah i thought that. Everyone was a little wary of meeting people they'd had the odd bit of banter with online.
Would be a bit more lively if we all met up and had a few beers i reckon! Bit of dutch courage just to get the insults flying.
Online you can be who you want, in the flesh you have to live up to it. Bit like online dating......er...er...apparently :lol: Never done it myself! Not that theres anything wrong with it Stu :lol:
Shiner
Site Mod

Postby The Contender » Thu Dec 01 2005, 12:37

I agree it is easy to take the p*ss out of someone you don’t know online, as I often do. Maybe after a few beers my acid tongue would begin to wag although that might get me in a bit of trouble especially if I started on the Welsh with Rusty G or the Scots with Lancer!! :lol:

As for online dating, sure there is nothing wrong with it, but beware you think you are going to meet a 25 year old brunette who has a GSH and is a bit of a beauty, however when you actually meet in your local you see a 29 year old overweight blonde bloke (similar looking to fingers) who used a picture of his mum about 25 years ago!
:lol:

The Contender

Postby Shiner » Thu Dec 01 2005, 12:53

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus s(he) gets about a bit, doesnt s(he)? Im still in counselling after the night i met her
Shiner
Site Mod

Postby The Contender » Thu Dec 01 2005, 16:19

What I also like about this forum are people’s aliases. Some are obvious like NickW, Michael Stewart etc, but what about the others? I call myself ‘the contender’ as a tribute to the boxing reality TV programme, what about you Shiner & Fingers? And Geoff what on earth made you call yourself that, it is bad enough having the name ‘Geoff’ and on this forum you had an ideal opportunity to change it, you should have called yourself ‘Sandal man’ or Pete No Stars (an anagram of East Preston).

The Contender

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC