Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Do we need OR indeed WANT Beckham in S.A.

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2010 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Do we need OR indeed WANT Beckham in S.A.

Postby frank » Thu Oct 15 2009, 08:36

:twisted:
I personally think that its a sad and sick love affair, thousands of his fans have with him, and still getting these cameo rolls wearing the England shirt, I think hes a yesterday man who, while England are playing group matches of no concequence (Belarus) he is being used to put bums on seats and flog the Beckham England shirt.
ITV commentary on the game last night was sickning.
Turned the game, ha ha,
Takes a short corner, ha ha,
Trapped the ball and crossed the perfect ball to somebody that should have been there in one movement, HA HA,
Unlucky to miss an open goal, ha ha,
The list goes on and when after 26 mins one of his old mates gives him the MOM award, even the manager laughed. :lol:

Mr & Mrs Beckham brand has run its coarse, thanks for everything you have done on and off the field, I wish you well for selling yourselfs to the English public, now go and make yourselfs really useful and see if you can win us the World Cup bid for 2018.

I suspect many of you will rant and rave over what I have posted but say what you like its time to let go and find another god to worship, please.
frank

Re: Do we need OR indeed WANT Beckham in S.A.

Postby Sidney » Thu Oct 15 2009, 11:01

Name me another player in the squad with his vision, range of passing, dead ball abilities, experiance and passion and committment to the three lions.
There is definately a place for Beckham in the squad and he should with out doubt be on the plane to South Africa.
Should he start every game Well lets wait and see if anyone proves themselves on the right, Lennon, SWP, Walcott, not enough yet IMO.
Personally i'd start with Joe Cole (if he was fully fit) on the right and Gerrard on the left.
But do England need Beckham on and off the pitch Most definately
Men's best successes come after their disappointments.

Sidney

Postby frank » Thu Oct 15 2009, 12:39

Sorry mate.
Your just living in the past.
If I could be bothered i would tell you a dozen players with all those abilities, but, it takes something better than Beckham to win the World Cup as I would have thought you sussed out, like the previous three his been involved in.
Once again sorry, but i can,t be arsed to discuss with you.
Your obviously blinded by your love for him.
frank

Postby been there done it » Thu Oct 15 2009, 13:32

frank wrote:#-o Sorry mate.
If I could be bothered i would tell you a dozen players with all those abilities, but, it takes something better than Beckham to win the World Cup as I would have thought you sussed out, like the previous three his been involved in.

Then why did you start this thread
been there done it

Postby frank » Thu Oct 15 2009, 14:45

been there done it wrote:
frank wrote:#-o Sorry mate.

Then why did you start this thread

I was looking for somebody out there to agree with my sentiments about not sending Beckham to S.A. and not having to prove a point about whos better or worse. To my mind its blindingly obvious, and, in anycase I,m trying to redecorate the outside of my house at the sametime.
Have you no thoughts or are you not interested.
frank

Postby Sidney » Thu Oct 15 2009, 16:00

Would that be cause you can't actually name anybody with ALL those qualities
I don't love Beckham I just think he should go to South Africa

Sidney

Postby frank » Thu Oct 15 2009, 16:03

Washed my brushes, had a shower and ready to list some players for you to chew on instead of Mr B.
All are younger.
All are quicker.
All can take corners and free kicks.
All have extreme passion and commitment.
Not all are in the Capello,s squard as yet unfortunately.

Barry, O,Hara, Carrick, Walcott, Young, Lampard, Huddlestone, J.Cole, Cattermole, Lennon, Greening, Roswell, Gerrard, Hardgreaves, Johnson, Bentley, Stanislas, Delap, Downing, Osman, Jenas, Richardson, Milner, Murphy, Wright-Philips, Eagles, Collison, Bostock, Dunn, Noble, Sidwell and David Dunn to name just a few of the top of my head all of which i rate as more important to England on the pitch during the World Cup. But Becks off the field is still golden cash cow and good luck to him to.
frank

Postby Geoff » Thu Oct 15 2009, 20:22

Frank, don't agree with you and I have never been a Beckham fan as such (his English club side you see), but I think he has a bit part to play. In my opinion he would never lift an England team by starting but coming on with 20 to go and being a very different, and dare I say influential player, I think he can still turn a game. Obviously the MoM award was rather sad, but that wasn't his fault.

I think there is room on the bench for one last time for Beckham.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Dave Richards » Thu Oct 15 2009, 21:43

I am just glad Capello picks the squad and not Frank
Dave Richards

Postby tips » Fri Oct 16 2009, 10:19

frank wrote:Washed my brushes, had a shower and ready to list some players for you to chew on instead of Mr B.
All are younger.
All are quicker.

Barry, O,Hara, Carrick, Walcott, Young, Lampard, Huddlestone, J.Cole, Cattermole, Lennon, Greening, Roswell, Gerrard, Hardgreaves, Johnson, Bentley, Stanislas, Delap, Downing, Osman, Jenas, Richardson, Milner, Murphy, Wright-Philips, Eagles, Collison, Bostock, Dunn, Noble, Sidwell and David Dunn to name just a few of the top of my head all of which i rate as more important to England on the pitch during the World Cup. But Becks off the field is still golden cash cow and good luck to him to.

Collison is Welsh and Delap (if that's Rory) is Irish
Huge admirer of Collison though...I think he's got an excellent future. And I'm sure both Stanislas and Hines will certainly be contending for England squad places come the World Cup in 2014 if they keep impressing at Upton Park.
tips

Twitter Acct: MattTiplady

Postby Sidney » Fri Oct 16 2009, 10:31

frank wrote:Washed my brushes, had a shower and ready to list some players for you to chew on instead of Mr B.
All are younger.
All are quicker.

Maybe the paint fumes had got to you Frank :lol:
Each of the players you have listed have their own qualities, none possess ALL the qualities of Beckham. Which of them can hit someones feet from 60 yards with no effort.
I do sound like Beckhams biggest fan, I'm not really, just think he should definately be in the squad and i agree would probably have more impact now coming off the bench, as proved against the mighty Belarus on Wednesday

Sidney

Postby anorak » Tue Oct 20 2009, 17:25

I agree 100% with you Frank. I can see no reason why he should be a major assset at this World cup considering he has not pulled up any trees in the last 3!! Apart from jumping out of a tackle of course.

I realise it is all about opinions and I realise we are in the minority but try as I might I don't think he is the bees knees that so many think he is.
anorak

Postby wibby » Sat Oct 24 2009, 22:55

Hi
Steve Bruce here!!
In my opinion what you need on the bench is cover for key positions, and a plan B.

Beckham and Crouch represent plan B and give us options. Its no good taking Crouch (if we do) and hoping that Lennon/Wright Phillips etc will deliver onto his head. There's only Beckham that can deliver most times to Crouch, end of.

Beckham is an American Football "special team" now. He is just brought on for special moments and must be worth a place. (a good anology as he sits in the hole like a quarter back and delivers to his wide receivers!)

Just my opinion!!!
I still wear suspenders underneath my business suit....
wibby

Postby Supeteddy » Sat Nov 28 2009, 00:31

Beck's is quality and will be in the squad, providing he does not get crocked for Milan till the end of the season on current form (Nov 09) Lennon starts with out question on that right hand sign after years of practice the mighty midget has learnt to cross a ball, Walcott is the other on the RW but he has not played enough this season so far to be a sensible choice and now Joe Cole is back he is more than capable on that side of the pitch if Fabio feels the need for plan B, but Becks last half hour in a tight game when hollywood balls are what are required to unlock teams get him on!
Rooney and Defoe has got to be given some proper minutes in a serious game stuff Heskey in fact a seperate thread should be wtf is Heskey doing playing for England when he can't get in the Villa side crouch is far more rounded than oh my god i'm one on one i'll have a nose bleed Heskey in my opinion.
But to finish Becks for S/A is a must it will be good for him the squad and the whole of England not to be depending on him for everything that is Rooneys job now!
Experience passion and ability all winners in my book.
Hold on i'll just say my secret magic word...

Supeteddy

• Website

Postby Fingers » Tue Dec 08 2009, 09:16

Beckham is still better than alll the English players at Spurs - thats why Harry wanted to sign him!!!

Aaron Lennon - 3/5 crosses go out for goalkicks
Jenas - average
Huddlestone - game passes him by in and out struggles to stamp his authority and gets found out against class opposition
Bentley - Biggest waste of money since Veron!!!

He should go to the World Cup without doubt - I agree with Wibby no one crosses with same amount of accuracy and that will allow us to go close next summer.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Next

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2010